Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
I expected better

Well, having lurked the site for a little while, I finally joined up when i bought my V6. I figured it would be cool to get some advice, tips, and just chat with fellow owners.

I could not have been more wrong.

Every other post, on a good day, is V6 vs V8. Now, as a Ford guy this argument isn't new. But I can say this FOR SURE. The Camaro V8 crowd are far worse than the Mustang V8 crowd.

At least the Ford guys knew that it was because of the v6 sales that the V8s even existed. So there was some bickering, but never on the scale of what I've seen here.

You cant ask anything about the V6 without someone saying, "Should have got a V8." And the second you say the V8 just doesn't offer $10k in better acceleration, it ignites a freaking high school argument on how yes, it does.

As a new guy, here's what I've learned so far:

1. I could have bought a new SS and financed it 12 months for $200 a month if I had just gone to the right dealership.

2. The V6 is a pile and nobody in their right mind would own one.

3. Most so-called Camaro fans wouldn't even own one if the V8 wasn't an option.

How is any of this crap helpful to have posted in every single thread? I've driven the SS. Yeah, its faster than the V6. Ok, its also LOCOMOTIVE LENGTHS slower than the 03 Cobra I had was. Ok. So? What does that matter?

I'm just tired of the same crap every single day. I dont feel like I registered for a Camaro forum...I feel like I registered in an SS-only forum.

I've had my car for and have only been a member of the Camaro and Chevy family for 3 months. If this is how it is, I can't wait to leave and get back to the Blue Oval. At least you can have actual conversations there w/o it always becoming a "who's engine is bigger" debate.

Seriously, sorry to rant, but the whole thing is just
Old 05-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Cool

Sorry if some on here have been asses. I find this site to be great for information. I have a V-8, but don't look down on V-6's.

Congrats on your moving to the Camaro! I did the same when I went from a Mustang GT to a Camaro SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
Old 05-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
just ignore the haters, should only bother you if you let it. I can only afford a V6 and I am damn proud of my car!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 05-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
It seems to be worse lately about the whole V6 vs V8 thing...I'll agree.

As said before...just enjoy your ride and ignore the ignorant.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoOrangeSS View Post
Sorry if some on here have been asses. I find this site to be great for information. I have a V-8, but don't look down on V-6's.

Congrats on your moving to the Camaro! I did the same when I went from a Mustang GT to a Camaro SS.

Thank you.

I have owned and nodded every trim of Mustang there is. And let me tell you, squeezing power out of the old 3.8 V6 was a trick. Hated those motors.

Good to see there are still exceptions to the rule here too. Maybe I just keep bumping into the same people?

Anyway,
Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Should of got a ZL1
Should have got a ZR1
Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
DBBoopster

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS, RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
just ignore the haters, should only bother you if you let it. I can only afford a V6 and I am damn proud of my car!
I have a V6 too & love it. I was gonna trade for a V8, but it fell through & I'm glad it did (felt like it happened for a reason) & made me love my car all over again. While I have found the people on this site to be a wealth of info, I agree w/you. The Camaro is beautiful & awesome in V6 or V8. When I drove the V8 I was surprised at how different it didn't feel until I really put my foot into it, which would get me tickets all over the place-no thanks. I got snide comments when I posted on the gen'l discussion thread about wheels. Really??? Excuse me all the h*ll, but...most on here are cool & helpful.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
It seems to be worse lately about the whole V6 vs V8 thing...I'll agree.

As said before...just enjoy your ride and ignore the ignorant.
I have heard this from a few long-time members. Maybe I came in at a bad time, I dunno.

I've got no issue with the V8. It's more than I would spend for what you get, but that's just me. This car is the most expensive I've ever owned. It's really growing on me.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
There is an un-named Camaro V6 only site that was created because of this reason.....and thats all I'm going to say.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
Don't forget the 6 will beat some v8's out there!
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
Old 05-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Should have got a V8, only because this whole post would have been avoided:-)
Should have got a Camaro.

Why is a Mustang owner in a Camaro forum?
Old 05-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
Deki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post
I have heard this from a few long-time members. Maybe I came in at a bad time, I dunno.

I've got no issue with the V8. It's more than I would spend for what you get, but that's just me. This car is the most expensive I've ever owned. It's really growing on me.
Cars have gotten more expensive in general. Back in 02, you could have picked up a brand new base Z28 for 21,900. 10 years later, it's 10k more for the same car in a base model. The price increases in cars have surpassed price increases in earnings.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
Deki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic84 View Post
Should have got a Camaro.

Why is a Mustang owner in a Camaro forum?
Had a Camaro. And to answer your question, because your V8 friends still like me better than anyone with a V6 Camaro

Relax, I was joking. And are you the C5 Mustang police? Do you get upset when people of different color, race, religion or creed come and sit in YOUR restaurant? If not, get off my Mustang driving back.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Cars have gotten more expensive in general. Back in 02, you could have picked up a brand new base Z28 for 21,900. 10 years later, it's 10k more for the same car in a base model. The price increases in cars have surpassed price increases in earnings.
Don't you love America?

Closed Thread