Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #169
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
I will try to make this Markets at Shrewsbury but I won't be out there til 6:00-6:30 due to work.

1100 - 3/23/2023
2000 - 3/27/2023
3000 - 3/28/2023
3400 - 4/12/2023 — 4/24 TPW
3800 - 4/28/2023
5000 - 5/30/2023
6000 - 6/03/2023

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L Black
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #170
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Nothing at all man, really.

I created this group to get some great stuff going like DMV5 & SEPA5 have for the region that we live in considering SEPA5 is in a completely different part of the state that keeps most of us from participating, and DMV5 being Central MD & DC region overall. Some great meets could come for this group but what's holding it all down is lack of participation all the way around. People need to realize that this group will never be in their backyard each month. We've done Mechanicsburg (Central location) meets, York meets, I attempted to do a Codorus meet as a fun idea that would have given life to other things like Caledonia, Gettysburg, Hershey, and etc in the future. Yes we are talking about driving our cars to these events, but isn't that what we love to do with these cars, enjoy these Camaro's? It shouldn't be about 2 or 3 people total putting together plans and communication is key, don't be afraid to post in a meet thread.

This is not directed towards anyone but rather to get everyone to understand what we are looking to accomplish as a group. Also I put this out there so if anyone knows of some great car meets and shows like the Markets at Shrewsbury post up about it like Pyroguy did above with some details about it for those who are looking for car meets & shows to go to.
I've been at a couple of your events and the turnout doesn't seem to be very good. There should be a lot more Gen 5 Camaro's in your area. I attend all the SEPA5 events, even though I have to drive 50 or 60 miles. At our regular monthly meeting held at the same location we get usually about 25-30 Camaro's there. The Covered Bridge Tour we had in Bucks County we had 60 cars for that. I agree the location for SEPA5 is a lot more populated than the York-Harrisburg area, but I'm sure there are a lot more Camaro's in the area that aren't either interested or don't know about it.
This thread is getting too long. You should start a new thread for each new event.

Just a note of encouragement
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #171
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Anyone up for Markets at Shrewsbury on Friday? Last show of the year and always a good time!
I am not one to turndown a get together but my wife's car has been having problems lately and I think it is now trade-in time. I will most likely be at the dealership tomorrow evening trying to get her an upgrade.
StainlessWorks LT (JetHot Coating) + HFC + Performance Connect, 3" SW Retro Cat-back, Roto-Fab CF CAI, Bo White PO TB, R1Concepts Drilled-Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, AirLift Performance 3H suspension, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Heritage Grill w/ Red SS Sparks Emblem, SLP Front Splitter, NightOwl V2 Halo Kit, Roto-Fab Red Engine cover w/ CF Plenum & Fuse Box Cover

QmaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #172
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

How did it go tonight guys? Did anyone make it to the Markets at Shrewsbury? I wish I could have made it.

On another note I was able to upgrade the wife's 2005 Kia Sedona minivan (peice of crap it was) to a 2012 Nissan Altima tonight. I am so pumped that we got such a great deal, it is a very nice car.

I know! A picture please...
Attached Images

StainlessWorks LT (JetHot Coating) + HFC + Performance Connect, 3" SW Retro Cat-back, Roto-Fab CF CAI, Bo White PO TB, R1Concepts Drilled-Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, AirLift Performance 3H suspension, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Heritage Grill w/ Red SS Sparks Emblem, SLP Front Splitter, NightOwl V2 Halo Kit, Roto-Fab Red Engine cover w/ CF Plenum & Fuse Box Cover

Old 10-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #173
camarorange

Drives: IOM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Nothing at all man, really.

I created this group to get some great stuff going like DMV5 & SEPA5 have for the region that we live in considering SEPA5 is in a completely different part of the state that keeps most of us from participating, and DMV5 being Central MD & DC region overall. Some great meets could come for this group but what's holding it all down is lack of participation all the way around. People need to realize that this group will never be in their backyard each month. We've done Mechanicsburg (Central location) meets, York meets, I attempted to do a Codorus meet as a fun idea that would have given life to other things like Caledonia, Gettysburg, Hershey, and etc in the future. Yes we are talking about driving our cars to these events, but isn't that what we love to do with these cars, enjoy these Camaro's? It shouldn't be about 2 or 3 people total putting together plans and communication is key, don't be afraid to post in a meet thread.

This is not directed towards anyone but rather to get everyone to understand what we are looking to accomplish as a group. Also I put this out there so if anyone knows of some great car meets and shows like the Markets at Shrewsbury post up about it like Pyroguy did above with some details about it for those who are looking for car meets & shows to go to.
I totally agree that some great things can come from this group. Unfortunately I was not able to make it to as many meets as I would have liked due to work and and now school. I hope that even though car show season is coming to a close we can still find time to meet up over winter even if we cant all drive our Camaro’s to the location. Its hard with me going to school in Arizona to keep up with everything that is happening back home but I am going to do my best to keep up on it from now on. Ill be back in the area for most of December and some of January so if we end up having a get together around then I will definitely be there. Lets not let this die out and keep growing and getting better.
camarorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #174
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorange View Post
I totally agree that some great things can come from this group. Unfortunately I was not able to make it to as many meets as I would have liked due to work and and now school. I hope that even though car show season is coming to a close we can still find time to meet up over winter even if we cant all drive our Camaro’s to the location. Its hard with me going to school in Arizona to keep up with everything that is happening back home but I am going to do my best to keep up on it from now on. Ill be back in the area for most of December and some of January so if we end up having a get together around then I will definitely be there. Lets not let this die out and keep growing and getting better.
I can guarretee that even if we are not able to get together over the upcoming winter, we will kick things off again early next spring. I would like to at least keep the discussion going over the winter and maybe start some planning for a variety of events that we do as a group in 2015.

Here is a brief list of events that we either participated in this year or we tried to. We can build on this list or change it up with new ideas for 2015.

- Hot Rod Weekend in York, watched the Hot Rods cruise on Saturday at Rita's
- Haar's Drive-in Cruise
- Camaros at Codorus
- Markets at Shrewsbury
- LCBC Car Show and Cruise
- Quaker Steak and Lube Meets

Old 10-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #175
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by QmaroSS View Post
I can guarretee that even if we are not able to get together over the upcoming winter, we will kick things off again early next spring. I would like to at least keep the discussion going over the winter and maybe start some planning for a variety of events that we do as a group in 2015.

Here is a brief list of events that we either participated in this year or we tried to. We can build on this list or change it up with new ideas for 2015.

- Hot Rod Weekend in York, watched the Hot Rods cruise on Saturday at Rita's
- Haar's Drive-in Cruise
- Camaros at Codorus
- Markets at Shrewsbury
- LCBC Car Show and Cruise
- Quaker Steak and Lube Meets
Don't forget to use a new post for all new events. People don't want to go through 100 posts to find something.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #176
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
Don't forget to use a new post for all new events. People don't want to go through 100 posts to find something.
Yep absolutely. We used a new thread for each of our meets this year and we will do the same for all upcoming as well.