Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
cybergrayls3

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs..m6..CGM
Proform LS3 valve spring compressor help needed!

Hey guys...i purchased a valve spring compressor from pro form tools....it says its for an ls3 and ls7..but the more research ive done the more confused i am. Ive read a lot that it will not work on the ls3 only on ls1/ls6....I spoke with a customer service person from proform..they said it should work with the ls3..if not i can send it back. Im doing my cam swap this weekend and i need to know for sure that i have a tool that will work. If anyone has used this tool please let me know if it will work. http://www.proformtools.com/product-...ategory_id/171
-CAI cold air intake (black)/Apex scoop
-LSR shifter
-Rick Crawford intake manifold
-Monster level 3 clutch
cybergrayls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergrayls3 View Post
Hey guys...i purchased a valve spring compressor from pro form tools....it says its for an ls3 and ls7..but the more research ive done the more confused i am. Ive read a lot that it will not work on the ls3 only on ls1/ls6....I spoke with a customer service person from proform..they said it should work with the ls3..if not i can send it back. Im doing my cam swap this weekend and i need to know for sure that i have a tool that will work. If anyone has used this tool please let me know if it will work. http://www.proformtools.com/product-...ategory_id/171
That's the one I've used twice. But. I had modify it. I had to grind part of the center bottom out so it would sit flat and elongate one of the holes so it would bolt down. So yeah not specifically for our heads but can be made to work.