Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #15
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
We should have the first run of pumps ready to ship late next week.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole@Fastlane View Post
We should have the first run of pumps ready to ship late next week.
According to UPS I will have mine TODAY
It was sent to the shop that will be doing the installation (Top Gear Motorsports in Phoenix, AZ)

thank you cole !

JM
DSS Aluminum Shaft
RPM Diff / 3.91 Gears
LPE ZR1 Clutch
Edelbrock E-Force SC / JRE Fuel Upgrade
Livernois 1C cam 570 rwhp/559 rwtq SAE
Best 1/4 time: 11.43
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM10 View Post
According to UPS I will have mine TODAY
It was sent to the shop that will be doing the installation (Top Gear Motorsports in Phoenix, AZ)

thank you cole !

JM
You bet!! let me know how you like it.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #18
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
The dual fuel pump/tank install is going to take several hours. Here is some of what I have learned from ADM Performance regarding the install. This can take some time depending on your mechanical expertise. Inside the car in the rear seat area remove seat and trim to replace control module and pull wiring. Unbolt calipers and ABS wires and seperate from hub. Remove the exhaust, rear differential and suspension cradel and driveshaft. Remove the fuel tank. Best to have the fuel tank as empty as you can first. Open up the fuel tank and replace pump and install harness, sending unit, and related connectors from ADM in the kit. Then reinstall. I know I have left out an item/step or two but you get the idea. Now we now know the upcoming 2012 Z-28 will be powered by the Cadillac LSA supercharged engine so IMHO you have just installed the upcoming Z-28 fuel delivery system, I think.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Is the fastlane pump going to take the same time as the ADM to install?
DSS Aluminum Shaft
RPM Diff / 3.91 Gears
LPE ZR1 Clutch
Edelbrock E-Force SC / JRE Fuel Upgrade
Livernois 1C cam 570 rwhp/559 rwtq SAE
Best 1/4 time: 11.43
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
The dual fuel pump/tank install is going to take several hours. Here is some of what I have learned from ADM Performance regarding the install. This can take some time depending on your mechanical expertise. Inside the car in the rear seat area remove seat and trim to replace control module and pull wiring. Unbolt calipers and ABS wires and seperate from hub. Remove the exhaust, rear differential and suspension cradel and driveshaft. Remove the fuel tank. Best to have the fuel tank as empty as you can first. Open up the fuel tank and replace pump and install harness, sending unit, and related connectors from ADM in the kit. Then reinstall. I know I have left out an item/step or two but you get the idea. Now we now know the upcoming 2012 Z-28 will be powered by the Cadillac LSA supercharged engine so IMHO you have just installed the upcoming Z-28 fuel delivery system, I think.

Just got Mine today will let you know on Monday or Tuesday How long it took and how smooth it goes. I have a GM ( Chevy/Cadillac) mechanic doing my install so he should be able to sort it out pretty good. I hope.
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
carguy
Carguy

Just got an e mail from Larry at Speed Inc and he said Fastlane pump solved their fuel issues with a procharged car today. 590 RWHP @ 6500 RPM with 10 PSI of boost and no fuel drop off.

He was happy...

I would be happy if I can get that..He didn't mention any torque numbers or shoot me the dyno sheet. Would like to have seen the results charted.

There must be some advantage to having the dual pump control module though. ADM's deal seems more like a system approach.
Can't believe all those extra parts don't have some good reason for being.. but I am no expert that is for sure. Just a guy that wants to crank it up a notch and needs more fuel.

Not Bashing FastLane cause it sure seems that it does everything they say it does. I have heard no complaints.

We will see what happens on the Dyno the 18th...Can't wait !
Old 04-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #22
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM10 View Post
Is the fastlane pump going to take the same time as the ADM to install?
I am guessing not...They do not.. to my knowledge, replace the Module which requires some more wiring and the back seat pulled to get to the module. I don't know that for sure Haven't seen FastLanes kit personally. But the module in ADM's is designed for dual pump operation. Do you need to have it...don't know.

These guys are the experts.....

All we can do is try them both and stay in touch over the long haul and see how they both perform. Both Companies seem to know what they are doing...I have heard good reviews about both nothing bad about either !

I am just Glad we have guys like both of them who are willing to step up to the plate and resolve issues that some of us otherwise would be scratching our heads trying to figure out.

KUDOS to them.

I got a call from Lonnies He is going to have some pumps available next week as well. I was on everyones call list... cause I was running outa time.

Still got another one to do.. so I am eager to see how they all shake out in the end. It will be interesting.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #23
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole@Fastlane View Post
The original was 850 RWHP. The new billet version going off of flow numbers from the bench test should support about 50% more.
Please don't take it as a negative, I am just asking the question - a 50% increase puts it at 1275 RWHP which is roughly 1500 Crank HP. A motor making 1500 crank HP would most likely have FI which could push the fuel needs to as high as .65 BSFC (.5 would be nice, but FI drag usually hits). Therefore you would need 925lbs/hr which implies a set of 120 lb injectors. What psig will this pump hold with something like this 120 lb injector at 80+% duty cycle?

I am asking, because if you can hold that with the factory lines you really need to SHOUT IT OUT to the racing community since an aftermarket fuel system gets really expensive and this sounds like a heck of an alternative.

If it really can do what you are hoping, it looks like you have a really great product there Cole.

P.S. Very nice runs you had at C5Fest. You terrified my friends with the 67 blue Camaro when they had to run you, but they said you guys were ultra-cool when they stopped by your trailer later on. Plus I think I may have been talking to you in the staging lanes. I really liked your 74mm turbo setup and your rollbar.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #24
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Well I'll be looking into a Duel pump in the future. Right now just getting vortech supercharger with no other mods but a tune so jannetty just putting in boost a pump right now for safety. I think when i do 2" headers and a cam I'll ask jannetty about duel fuel pumps..
thanks for the good info..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #25
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
Not to add insult to an already cloudy mess... but I've heard that all you have to do is a swap from a ctsV because it is a higher volume dual pump. supposedly much much cheaper too
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #26
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
Not to add insult to an already cloudy mess... but I've heard that all you have to do is a swap from a ctsV because it is a higher volume dual pump. supposedly much much cheaper too

Yes and No.The pumps are not available right now from you local or internet parts departments,however we have plenty in stock.

The Cadillac pump system has limits.There are components that actually need attention internally when you want to push the envelope say above 800hp.This is something that those who have tested know.

Also you must understand that the current draw from 2 pumps would be double that of 1 pump,pretty simple to figure out...We feel that the factory wiring in the camaro is not capable of the added load without some voltage drop and current increase isues thus creating more heat.The additional heat will takes its toll on the other systems in time,a bit like a transmission failing from to much heat....it takes time.

Our Fuel system comes with proper wires,fuse,and controls to run it to its max without any issues(If properly installed).

I am working very close with a few other manufacturers on some additions to the system to make it even better..this are for future cars coming out of ADM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #27
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
Not sure if you have done your homework. More than what you might think.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #28
prostreetbuyer
Account Suspended

Drives: Dragster, 2007 Bentley, 2010 Camaro
The Answer Is Quite Easy! The Shop I Use Is Called Jannetty Racing And They Have A Oem Solution. Duel Cts-v Fuel Pumps. These Pumps Can Supply Massive Amounts Of Fuel.
Here Is A Link To Them, Ask For Ted... http://www.jannettyracing.com/
prostreetbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote