Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
Abygale

Drives: .
Thumbs up Midnight Silver vs. Polished

Does anyone have any good pictures they could post of the midnight silver wheels that come standard with the RS package?

I've seen plenty of good pictures of the polished 20" but on the computer at the dealer, the midnight silver looked good but not too dark so I left them on my order instead of going with the polished. On the microsite for the camaro (http://microsite.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/#) however, they look almost black.

I ordered a Summit White 2LT/RS and I just want to make sure that the standard midnight silver wheels are going to look good. Thank you!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
If money is your concern, then the midnight silver would probably look fine. It's just a darker gray version of the polished.

Polished wheels look too bright on darker cars... that's why I kept the midnight silver's on my black SS.

Then again... polished wheels would look good on the summit white - but it'll cost you more.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Pictures do not correctly project how the midnight silver wheels look in person. I would try to find a dealer or member in your area that has them to see them in person. I ordered my RS package based on the photo on GM's site,which make them look black. They are not much darker then the unpolished wheel.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I picked polished for one reason. They will look like midnights after a week of brake dust.
Midnights will look even darker with a week of brake dust...

-bobby
Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
BTW; I think they still look good. Just not as dark as I thought/wanted.
Welcome to the site.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Hi anjd welcome to the site. as the others have said, they are not all that dark. here is a link to some pictures on this site, look at the wheels in the 4th post ad you can see the real difference between Midnight and Polished.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8826

and I hope you are putting ORANGE Rally Stripes on you car, that would be the ultimate.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Here you go ....again.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
Abygale

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the pictures!

I'm definitely calling my salesperson and switching the wheels to the polished cause you are right, they will look like the midnight silver in no time

I'm still debating on the rally stripes. I like the IO and the black. If I go orange I'd change my interior to all black. If I go with black I'll keep the beige interior, and add some white or black bowtie blackouts. Just haven't completely made up my mind yet

Thanks again for the great pictures. They are better than what I could find on the Chevy site for sure!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Does anyone have any good pictures they could post of the midnight silver wheels that come standard with the RS package?

I've seen plenty of good pictures of the polished 20" but on the computer at the dealer, the midnight silver looked good but not too dark so I left them on my order instead of going with the polished. On the microsite for the camaro (http://microsite.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/#) however, they look almost black.

I ordered a Summit White 2LT/RS and I just want to make sure that the standard midnight silver wheels are going to look good. Thank you!
These are MS as well. The web site is way off. Kinda weird. Welcome to the site and stick around. You can get loads of info and have some fun.

Name:  DSC00239.JPG
Views: 699
Size:  307.5 KB
Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Welcome Abby... Have you seen this thread?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8462
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #11
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Hey Hey, Welcome Abby, good to see a fellow Kansas person on here.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
Abygale

Yes MC69, I found that thread today which is why I'm having such a hard time choosing the rally stripe color - they all look sooooo good! But thanks for linking it, now I've "bookmarked" it.

@Ject- Hey we are neighbors! I'm buying my car from Davis-Moore Chevrolet if that tells you anything

I think I'll be the first one in the area with a white one- so you'll have to honk if you see me . I just ordered some of the Camaro5.com t-shirts today and plan to be wearing one when I pick my car up at the dealership. I'll post some pics

Also, if you have any recommendations for a tinting shop in the metro area please let me know.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #13
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
I too have a Summit White Camaro ordered...going SS though, but having the same problems. I had the RS package ordered, but I saw the midnight and regular silver in person yesterday and the difference wasn't worth the price. I found some sweet aftermarket black rims which I'm going to buy instead.

As for the stripe, I left it off for now. I can't decide but I was leaning towards the flat black stripe...
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #14
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
MS's seriously, not worth the extra dough.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote