Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Pushrod length

I'm about to order an Ls3 conversion and a Nightfury cam package, I was wondering what length pushrods I should get. And was wondering how decent the driveability is, I've heard plenty of videos of the nightfury cam and it sounds amazing.
KTMracing09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMracing09 View Post
I'm about to order an Ls3 conversion and a Nightfury cam package, I was wondering what length pushrods I should get. And was wondering how decent the driveability is, I've heard plenty of videos of the nightfury cam and it sounds amazing.
If you're getting the NF cam, why don't you contact Nick or Shawn and ask them directly, being as that they are the subject matter experts? Pushrod length should always be measured, but they know that cam better than anyone, and can tell you exactly what size you'll need.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
I'm just saying I've seen people on here with l99's with nightfury, and that package has a range of different lengths, how do I know what length to get if there are more than one option.
KTMracing09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMracing09 View Post
I'm just saying I've seen people on here with l99's with nightfury, and that package has a range of different lengths, how do I know what length to get if there are more than one option.
That's what I'm trying to explain to you. The correct way to install the right length pushrod in your cam setup, is to measure. That is the only "correct" way to do it without guessing, but Lethal Racing (since they are ones who designed the cam) have done 100's of installs on LS3 and L99 cars, and can tell you exactly what size you need.

It's really not rocket science to send them a PM or call them and ask that question. Or you could ask someone else who may have needed a different size, order the wrong size, and potentially install the wrong size pushrod in your setup.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
When you order the NF package they come with the kit. Call Lethal speak to Shawn, he will know what you need and he's a great guy to talk to.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cam, l99, nightfury