Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-16-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
Backon4

Drives: 2010 Cadillac cts4 wagon 3.6
Will Overkill

Has anyone else had a difficult time getting him to respond? I'm trying to get a tune from him. Since I'm going to be doing the supercharger after Christmas I figured I'd get his tune since he gives a credit toward the supercharger purchase. Well I emailed him 2 weeks ago, no response. Figure maybe it went to spam so I looked him up on FB messenger since I still have that but do not have a FB account. Messaged him a few days ago, he read it, still haven't heard back. Pretty frustrating. I've got the money for the tune, really I could buy the supercharger kit, if it were ready for the cts, but with 2 kids and Christmas around the corner figure it's best to wait. But, I'm an impatient person and a tune now would hold me off.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Makes me leery of getting the kit from him if this is his level of response and support. Not here to slam him just wondering if this is normal?
Backon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
That's the general consensus honestly. When he does get back to you his tunes I hear are pretty good and people are happy with them. From my experience, he is a slow to respond that's just how it is. But when I needed help for his 80MM TB for my LLT, he got me the tuning table I needed.

I have a good friend (Ivan @ Southwest Speed) tune my supercharged LLT and is running much stronger versus the IPF tune I did have in comparison.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #3
Backon4

Yeah I don't want to buy a kpe tune just to wast that money in 4 months when I get the SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Will will get back to you. He is a one man show and does thousands of tunes for customers on multiple platforms

Will does not do "copy and paste" tuning and does not employee other tuners. He does them ALL himself and that is why there is sometimes a wait. He takes as much time with each customer as they need to get the tune as perfect as possible, and still has a Family to set time aside for and weekends he likes to have some off time. But it is always worth it when complete. Most tuning companies have a staff that just copy and paste canned tunes, and you get that result. No more trustworthy and honest person out there doing tuning on these difficult to tune engines period. Just be patient is all you can do, but you will not regret the results for the tune or any products.

And I am one of the original overkill to go to the doctors on here. All I can tell you is it is well worth the wait
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backon4 View Post
Yeah I don't want to buy a kpe tune just to wast that money in 4 months when I get the SC.

You get free retunes for life. That's one of the nice things with his service, is any change you make, send him a data log and he will retune it for you
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Backon4

Well I've got cash in hand to give him for a tune if he gets back to me.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #7
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
If I haven't got back to you let me know, but I think we've chatted on Facebook this evening. Sorry for the delay, I try not to work weekends (doesn't always work) and didn't get to you on Friday.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
Backon4

It is. Thanks for getting back to me. Looking forward to seeing this thing come alive.