Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #15
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Actually Shaq gets his cars custom stretched...
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #16
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Really? I thought he just has the roofs permanantly taken off.
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #17
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I'm 5'11", and was fortunate enough to be able to sit in the coupe. There was plenty of headroom still available.

I also feel the designers do take into consideration the height of taller folks...and don't forget, the production version will have a slightly higher roofline than the concept.
And the seat should be lowered some as well. The seats in the concept are VERY high if you look at them. I forget exactly where I read it, but it was mentioned that the roof would raise slightly, but the seats would lower a little too.

Something I really hope they do. I hate sitting high like I'm at the dinner table (my Aveo). Gimme somewhat lower to the floor seating position.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #18
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
My (girlfriend's) Aveo has height-adjustable seats. I'm sure the Camaro will too.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #19
Mike88

Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
on the topic of comfort and leg room, does anyone know if there's going to be bulge sticking up into the floor at the front passenger's feet? I'm pretty sure this is to give clearance to the catalytic converter under the car. Most ppl who ride in my 4th gen hate this about it...I think late model Blazer's and Jimmy's had them too.
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #20
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
on the topic of comfort and leg room, does anyone know if there's going to be bulge sticking up into the floor at the front passenger's feet? I'm pretty sure this is to give clearance to the catalytic converter under the car. Most ppl who ride in my 4th gen hate this about it...I think late model Blazer's and Jimmy's had them too.
Rumors are the "bulge" is gone.. mostly due to the massive amount of room under that long hood and nose..
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I couldn't begin to guess...The voices in my head say that they remember Scott saying something a long, long, time ago about this...

I would say no, though...cause think about it, the Engine in the 4th gens were so jam packed, that there probably wasn't a huge amount of room for the Cat. The new Camaro, on the other hand, will have a wide, spacious engine bay full of lovely space for modifications
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #22
Mike88

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Rumors are the "bulge" is gone.. mostly due to the massive amount of room under that long hood and nose..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I couldn't begin to guess...The voices in my head say that they remember Scott saying something a long, long, time ago about this...

I would say no, though...cause think about it, the Engine in the 4th gens were so jam packed, that there probably wasn't a huge amount of room for the Cat. The new Camaro, on the other hand, will have a wide, spacious engine bay full of lovely space for modifications
You gys have really been paying attention to the details...i'm impressed!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham

Can you really miss it?
Get rid of the goofy plastic, and put all the crap back in; you've still got an amazingly spacious engine bay:
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #24
Mike88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Can you really miss it?
Get rid of the goofy plastic, and put all the crap back in; you've still got an amazingly spacious engine bay:
true...but the cat usually sits under the car and not in the engine bay right? So I don't see how this would necessarily affect how much room there is under the car for the cat.

Next question: do you think they'll be putting all that plastic in the production? I like the clean look, but having to remove all those plastic covers is gonna be a pain in the a** when it comes time to do repairs. A lot of diagnosing car problems is visual...put plastic all over the place and you can forget about seeing any problems.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham

Well, yeah, you're right, but the fact that the engine has a proper bay, as opposed to being kitty-cornered under the windshield helps a little, I'd think...

As for the plastic...um, no. Probably not. I also doubt the shiny glass-like material that says "Camaro" will be on the underside of the hood, either. Nor will all the accessories, and fluid tanks be located in the trunk
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
v84life

Drives: 05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
Guys there is not going to be a hump in the floor period.............Name one other car 2007 and newer that has one. The reason for the last was the engine sat way back and shoved basically into the cabin therefore the cats had no where to go. Mind you there was one really big one then 2 mediums. The cat technology today is much better and should be small enough to not come close to touching the cabin space.
v84life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #27
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
My (girlfriend's) Aveo has height-adjustable seats. I'm sure the Camaro will too.
My Aveo does too. But it still sits too 'upright' for my taste.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 PM   #28
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
That 'hump' is something I never understood the complaining about. It's closer up near the seat. The seating position in the 4th Gens was such that you shouldn't even be putting your feet up that high. And if your feet are out like they're supposed to be, the 'hump' is a total non-issue.

I sat as a passenger in my '02 Camaro and never once was bothered by the 'dreaded hump'.