Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
hisinc

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM
HELP: IOM door Panels and Blue ABL

Hi Camaro5:

Could someone please clarify something for me. I am getting an IOM car with Black leather interior. My "plan" is to switch out the silver door panels with the IOM door panel/dash kit. I REALLY would like to keep the BLUE ABL that will come in the car, however I have read somewhere in my search on this forum (though I cannot find it now), that those who have gotten the IOM door panels no longer have the BLUE light, but instead it is now a reddish/tan/orange type color since the blue light is shining through orange. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, and if so can anyone offer a solution/alternative where I can have the IOM door panels AND the BLUE ABL.

Thanks,
hisinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
With the black interior you will have switchblade silver panels and blue abl. To have iom panels you will need to purchase the iom panels separately and install them with you current abl setup. I don't have access to the iom part numbers but if you search you should find it.
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
the IOM interior comes with orange ABL and orange rings around your gauges. This has nothing to do with the panels, but the actual light strips are different. If you put IOM panels on top of your blue ABL the result will be a very ugly brown. Sorry if that ruins your plans.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
hisinc

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
the IOM interior comes with orange ABL and orange rings around your gauges. This has nothing to do with the panels, but the actual light strips are different. If you put IOM panels on top of your blue ABL the result will be a very ugly brown. Sorry if that ruins your plans.

That is what I was afraid of...... the ugly brown, if I switch out my silver panels for the orange ones. I really want some sort of orange door panel to offset the black interior.....all while maintaining the blue light. Hmmmm.... will have to get creative. Open to suggestions.
hisinc is offline   Reply With Quote