Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #71
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Blackwolf, IMO, not many car colors look good on a cloudy day.That's why i went to ABM from IOM. I've seenthe ABM on the HHR on a cloudy day as well and I stillprefer it to the IOM I've seen on similar days on the solstice and canyon and H3. It's all a matter of opinion, get what you like. Too many silver and black cars on the road for me. My wife's H3 is in cyber gray and looks great in the sun, but still good in clouds too!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #72
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Yeah, I know what you mean about many colors not looking as good on a cloudy day as they do in the sun. But I'm glad I stopped by the dealer today. As I was approaching the car I thought to myself....... "I hope that isn't the ABM paint", then I looked at the sticker, sure enough............. :( I loved this color on a sunny day! Like I said, it really "Pops" and is one of the sportiest colors available on this car. But today it just left me less then satisfied.

Everybody has their own taste and thats why they make so many different color choices. As long as the buyer is happy with their choice thats all that matters. I'm sure your car will look great!!

I'll likely change the order to CGM and wait out the delay. I just hope my car is here before the end of June!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #73
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
It is overcast and rainy today and I had not yet seen this color under this type of lighting. I was VERY disappointed in what I saw. Under bright sunlight the metal-flake in this paint really makes this color blue "Pop". But under these overcast skies the color is actually quite flat and more Turquoise in appearance. Frankly, IMO it isn't very attractive at all. If you have not seen this color in person under every type of lighting, be sure you make time to do so. I'd hate to see anyone pay big $$ for a car and then not like the way it looks on a cloudy day.
I totally agree with you on this, especially because this is also my first choice, just to be different. If you look at the pics in post #1 you will see exactly what you're talking about, compared to the autoshow pics with all the bright lights. As for you & maybe me, it seems like, back to the color pallet AGAIN
Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #74
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Just for you guys, For Frank too, lol I went to the dealer today to see the IOM on an ugly day, to my surprise IOM looked very orange and great, and personally i never really like the ABM til today, it looked like a much deeper beautiful Blue. Having seen both of them in person on an ugly day and on a sunny day, i thought they both looked beautiful. CGM just looked wierd today, i shouldve takenpics for you guys, my iphone is the only thing that captures true colours outside for some reason, anyways all i can say is to go to your dealer, find an ABM car, and look at it in the sun, sunset, night and on the ugliest days of all. I think those who have ordered the ABm will be impressed with their choice
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #75
TJ91

P.S it still somehow popped on a cloudy day today, i dont know how, there was no sun.
Black will be like any other color, it will get dirty fast, the only good thing is that it wont attract attention from cops or people who would like to key your car
Old 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #76
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Just for you guys, For Frank too, lol I went to the dealer today to see the IOM on an ugly day, to my surprise IOM looked very orange and great, and personally i never really like the ABM til today, it looked like a much deeper beautiful Blue. Having seen both of them in person on an ugly day and on a sunny day, i thought they both looked beautiful. CGM just looked wierd today, i shouldve takenpics for you guys, my iphone is the only thing that captures true colours outside for some reason, anyways all i can say is to go to your dealer, find an ABM car, and look at it in the sun, sunset, night and on the ugliest days of all. I think those who have ordered the ABm will be impressed with their choice

Seeing we're having crappy weather today in Toronto, I think a Sunday drive is in order. If there is anything WORTH reporting on this color I will let you know, camera packed.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #77
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
Look what I caught today at my Dealer, V-6 1LT
Attached Images

1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #78
TJ91

Wow, that mustve bblown your mind, how did you like it. Its a LT but has 2LT rims, i cant wait to change the pedals for mine, those just have to go
Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #79
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Lucky you, lucky us its in Pa, wish I was'nt on this side of the state though ;(
I wonder why its at your dealer? Any reasons why? Thanks alot for the pictures though. I love this color on the Camaro.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #80
DZ28

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Riverside Blue
Great color.... reminds me of the one that got away!!!!!
Attached Images

DZ28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #81
1camaro70

The car was in the service department downloading something, it was vin no. 000186, was 1LT, no 4 pack gauges and was cloth seats, the wheels were 19", it had air compressor and battery where spare tire would go.
Actually was going back to my office at lunch time waiting at a traffic light when it pulled out of the Dealership behind me, so when I got back to my office I called the Sales Manager and told him to call if it came back, because it was Aqua Blue, which is what I ordered.
Was 6 speed manual, was driven by 2 GM people.
DZ28......Mine got away too, 1970 mulsanne blue Camaro.

Last edited by 1camaro70; 03-09-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #82
SQUALO

The more I'm looking at pics of the ABM the more it's getting away from me, and it doesn't have the "punch" like the blue from "back in the day".
Old 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #83
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

To answer an earlier question here, how'd it look in the sunlight? Guess it got your attention right away when it pulled out behind you?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #84
1camaro70

Was cloud covered, not too bright, but was darker than I expected, The 1968 Camaro and my 1970 was a better blue. Don't think I will change colors though.

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!