Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #29
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRUT1 View Post
I'm not feeling it. Whoever throws BMW wheels on a Camaro is trying way too hard. If you are going to pay top dollar for expensive BMW wheels, just buy a BMW and don't try to fake it. For the same price point you can scoop up a set of top of the line wheels and keep the American Muscle car look versus trying to be euro. That's just my opinion.
Read his posts. They are NOT staying on. He got the wheels from HIS BMW. He was just seeing if they would fit since he was told they would not. He took some pics for us to see and he will be putting his stock wheels back on. It's not staying this way.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #30
COR Forged

Drives: SS
Send a message via AIM to COR Forged
Everyone is well aware that offsets are useless without widths? The same offset can be used on a wider wheel and it will turn out to be a huge headache since when it comes to wheels, offsets mean nothing with out widths. Take for example the OE wheels; notice how some of the people on the forum that are getting their wheels widened have to run spacers or adapters to get the wheel from rubbing on the inside. The width of a rim plays a huge roll on its offset. And just like Tony said that these vehicles (BMW) run an aggresive fitment and tend to tuck. The reason these companies are able to do this with their OE wheels is because they tend to run a negative camber from factory which allows for their wheels to be build to such extremes, and allow us forged companies to play with their OE offsets and widths to get as aggresive as possible. I just wanted to lay down this information to warn some of you guys who might actually consider purchasing BMW fitment wheels for your Gen5's.

Here is one for an example: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62686

55Designs... I meant no disrespect just wanted to clear some things up. BTW it does look nice
COR Forged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #31
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Guys I wasnt telling anyone to go buy some BMW tuner wheels but 80% of the aftermarket Cast and modular wheels worldwide always seem to favor BMW fitments. As a result they are in stock, cost less and there are more options across the board. This is why I did the test for everyone to see. How many companies have said their cast wheels wont fit blah blah, well TSW found out that the BMW E60 and E92 fittment works, so did BBS and a few others so its now opened a new range of wheel selection for guys of all sizes.

COR the width on the M5 i think are 10 rear and 8.5 front.

they do look cool but too small if you ask me. I did like the aggressive concave look though.

If a modular wheel company can step up and create a wheel that concaves as much as these cast wheels I will buy them hands down no questions asked. Its the renderings and BS all over the net that deceives buyers and you dont get what you thought you were getting which SUCKS. Zero lip, cheezy curved faces to clear brakes look like CRAP How many threads on here of guys buying and selling rims out of regret. No need for that now find the style you like take some measurements and buy 1 test rim. You wont loose your shirt this way and you can get a killer set of rims at an affordable price possibly.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #32
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Also for the guys with OEM being stretched if you widen a rear wheel an inch or so you wont need a billet spacer if you have the suspension dialed in right. Ask me how I know, i tested it already.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #33
Stickboy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
very cool.. now lest see the BMW with the camaro rims. lol
+1
Stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #34
Den4176
El Maligno....

Drives: 2ss/rs,'10-E350, E46 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
Guys I wasnt telling anyone to go buy some BMW tuner wheels but 80% of the aftermarket Cast and modular wheels worldwide always seem to favor BMW fitments. As a result they are in stock, cost less and there are more options across the board. This is why I did the test for everyone to see. How many companies have said their cast wheels wont fit blah blah, well TSW found out that the BMW E60 and E92 fittment works, so did BBS and a few others so its now opened a new range of wheel selection for guys of all sizes.

COR the width on the M5 i think are 10 rear and 8.5 front.

they do look cool but too small if you ask me. I did like the aggressive concave look though.

If a modular wheel company can step up and create a wheel that concaves as much as these cast wheels I will buy them hands down no questions asked. Its the renderings and BS all over the net that deceives buyers and you dont get what you thought you were getting which SUCKS. Zero lip, cheezy curved faces to clear brakes look like CRAP How many threads on here of guys buying and selling rims out of regret. No need for that now find the style you like take some measurements and buy 1 test rim. You wont loose your shirt this way and you can get a killer set of rims at an affordable price possibly.
Thanks for the info.....i also know that the oem and aftermarket wheels for bmw's e46 fit on my ss camaro , so i'll try my M6's Time Attacks Wheels on my car this spring....... and this is what i would get when they make 20" wheels