Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #71
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Kronix, What can I say about the additions to the pillar and the engine? I love them both. Got to love the blue guages and the ENGINE looks good now..can't wait for the done pix....Roger was all-over this one,,,,again!!...
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #72
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Thanks Aqua, it's really coming along nicely! We're expecting bad weather here in Cali the next few days and I was planning on attending the first show this Saturday, but they're talking hail, massive rains, etc...So I told Ray @ Extreme not to rush for completion tomorrow. I don't need any hail hitting fresh paint

Speaking of Roger at Emblem Pros, here's a sneak peak at some of my latest additions from him.

Finished install of the red & white AAC Scanner lights behind the grille, looks awesome. I'll be doing a video of the front lighting hopefully tomorrow, as we should be all assembled again and ready for an alignment. Then it's back to the paint shop to get buffed out and then it's time to burn some rubber.

To Be Continued...

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #73
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Kronix, That "thing" is going to look soooo cool. We have no idea and can't wait until the unveiling....let's do it!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #74
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Just went through your thread, very nice!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #75
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Kronix - lookin good.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #76
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Kronix, I have to ask---Do you have anything in mind for the sides of the cowl hood? I would like to think this has already been decided, buuuuuuut, something along the lines of the engine cover....made by Roger at Emblempros (of course) would look sweet. I can't get over the look of it along with the badging on the covers!!!!..
I don't think I have been this excited about a car (especially someone else's) since I took-on the task of my 1968 LeMans Blue Sport Coupe.....

Come on, can't wait for the final result!!!.....

I guess I can say it again....WOW!!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #77
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Omg! Shawiiing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #78
Kronix

Aqua, Lukeko, Nathan & Infinite-T, thank you very much for the compliments!!
Nathan, I'mm surprised you even have time to check out my build considering everything you're doing to your piece!

I've really been having fun building this car, every other vehicle I've had I've modded over time, this was the first time I just blew up and went balls to the wall. I guess not being a kid or having any, and the luxury of another vehicle to drive has helped my cause. I really wanted to get the majority of the car done as soon as I bought it to give my touches and stand out from the crowd. A few things I've learned with this build is, body kits don't always fit right, perfection takes time & money, and the great thing is there's so many aftermarket products out there that you really can make a one of a kind!

I have given some thought to the sides of the cowl & I do have a bunch of custom badging from Roger at Emblempros that will be going on, since all stock badges have been removed. The theme I've tried to keep is basic black, using a mixture of glossy black & matte black. I was thinking about putting SUPERCHARGED on the sides of the cowl, but since the car really doesn't have a secondary color on the exterior like white or silver, I'm really not sure what color I would do it in, besides I do have some subtle badging I got from EmblemPros that says what's under the hood, so for now I'll go with the sleeper effect, especially since I closed up the mailslot people may think it's a V6

The first thing I want to do is get the car out of the damn garage! It hasn't seen the sun in 2 months, but we should be getting an alignment today, I'll wash it and then start to put on the badging. In the meantime, I just ordered a custom painted Strut Tower Brace & Glossy Black DRL Bezels from Lupe @ River City Creations, also adding DRL/Fog Light 30% Tint from Big Worm Graphix (They have some really cool striping BTW). I'm also expecting today my black billet engine caps & strut tower covers. If you read my thread you've seen I had some fitment issues with the MPD1 Z-Force hood & the Pedders coil over adjustment knobs. The solution from Pete at Pedders was to simply remove the knobs after I set them, we could've cutout a 2" circle on the underside of the hood but I wasn't crazy about that idea, so billet covers will do the trick to dress it up a bit.

We did finish up all the electrical stuff on Friday, I know have the DRL harness with a blue LED switch inside the cabin and that will allow me to turn on the DRL at night, especially useful since I added AAC Plasma bulbs to the DRLs. I have no idea why Chevy would've taken away the option to run your fog lights on the 2SS/RS option but I fixed that....Also got the AAC Scanner bars mounted behind the grille, and since Extreme Auto Works is one of my sponsors we added a little evidence of that on the radiator.

This will DEFINITELY be the week the SS hits the streets & I'll have some nice pictures out in the sun, clean & COMPLETE (until I really start working on interior)

Last edited by Kronix; 03-19-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #79
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Here ya go my man!! No excuses any more...This link has it all....Later Dude...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69891
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #80
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Here ya go my man!! No excuses any more...This link has it all....Later Dude...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69891
AB99, do you know how long I've been looking for that page!!! I saw it like a month ago and forgot where it was, can you get senile at 44? Thank you sir!!You're da man!!
I'll get that video posted proper now!

On another note, I drove the SS today it was AWESOME!!! I took it out for about an hour to see how I like the suspension, ride height, and just go over everything. I had a grin on ear to ear the whole time. Running at 8lbs of boost, that baby was screaming and I definitely know the V1 radar system in my rearview mirror works

So we're making a few little tweaks to the ride height, moving one of my pulleys over a 1/2" closer to the Tensioner, and it was getting aligned this afternoon. Then she has an appointment with the body shop tomorrow at 8am for final buffing, then back to Extreme Auto for decal & badge placement!! I'll will tell you, that baby was snapping some necks today, felt like I was riding on a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day's parade

Last edited by Kronix; 03-19-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #81
Tribute

I don't know how long you had it there, but I just noticed ZL EATR on your avatar. Lol, good one. I'm pretty sure there should be a 1 in there. ;-)

What area are you located again?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #82
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
I don't know how long you had it there, but I just noticed ZL EATR on your avatar. Lol, good one. I'm pretty sure there should be a 1 in there. ;-)

What area are you located again?
I've had that avatar for a while, it's actually available as a plate...I just changed it for ya that one's available too...I've been kicking around a few different ideas.

I'm on the Central coast in Cali, moved here from South Jersey a year ago, but we're moving south to the LA area within the next 60-90 days, as my wife is getting relocated...Thank God!!! Living here is like a slow death, watching paint dry!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #83
Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I've had that avatar for a while, it's actually available as a plate...I just changed it for ya that one's available too...I've been kicking around a few different ideas.

I'm on the Central coast in Cali, moved here from South Jersey a year ago, but we're moving south to the LA area within the next 60-90 days, as my wife is getting relocated...Thank God!!! Living here is like a slow death, watching paint dry!
Very cool. Fun vanity plates are always cool.

You know, For some reason I thought you were on the east coast. Was gonna say we should go cruise some. Glad your happy about relocating.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #84
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Very cool. Fun vanity plates are always cool.

You know, For some reason I thought you were on the east coast. Was gonna say we should go cruise some. Glad your happy about relocating.
I still have properties back in NJ, still kept my Eagles season tickets so I'm back quite a bit.....I've always wanted to come out to Cali so I could surf year round, I'm getting that out of my system and I know one day we'll be back east and I'll definitely still have my SS as it's a lifer, so one day Lukeko we WILL cruise!

BTW, just got a call from the shop, they're putting my car on scales and are going to balance it prior to the alignment. I can't speak highly enough about Ray & Extreme Auto Works, he took this car as if it were his own and he's doing a tremendous job with it, he's still there at 7:30pm balancing it and he actually has more pictures of it than I do...You have to admire someone that takes such pride in their work. I HIGHLY recommend Extreme Auto Works for any Camaro or performance car owner on the Central Coast, if you want fair, honest people working on your car. A good, honest & reliable mechanic is hard to find these days!

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx