Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #15
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Ok, here's a link to the TSB
which comes from this post
from this thread

Hope this helps!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakam View Post
What do the gaskets at the bottom of the door look like after it rains? I had a similar issue where water was collecting on the gasket by the speaker and leaking under the molding onto the carpet. It ended up being the water deflector inside the door. Apparently it can get warped or it could come apart from the seal. They put a new one on and there have been no issues since it was fixed 3 months ago.

which peice is the water deflector exactly? cause i think that may be my issue. gaskets look extremely wet and it seems like the water is coming in at edge of door around speaker and all the way down that trim peice beside seat.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #17
Nakam

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanur420 View Post
which peice is the water deflector exactly? cause i think that may be my issue. gaskets look extremely wet and it seems like the water is coming in at edge of door around speaker and all the way down that trim peice beside seat.
It's a thin plastic/rubber piece that covers most of the door inside the panel and acts as a barrier when water runs down the window and enters the door. I couldn't find a diagram for the camaro specifically, but the top part of this post from a different forum shows what happens if it is damaged. This is exactly what happened to mine and replacing the deflector worked perfectly. http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com...opic11470.html
Nakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
was that sonething the dealer had to.fix? and how much was it? those symptoms look exactly like mine. getting a good.bit of water in my car makes me unhappy lol
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #19
Camaro45Steven

Drives: 45th Anniversary
I'm probably going to be taking my car back to the dealer Wednesday, i will let you all know what the cause was... if they can find it this time.
Camaro45Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #20
Nakam

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Quote:
was that sonething the dealer had to.fix? and how much was it? those symptoms look exactly like mine. getting a good.bit of water in my car makes me unhappy lol
Haha yeah I feel your pain, it was a very long frustrating process for me. I went to the dealer at least 3 times before the real problem was found and it was fixed. The first time they did a water test and replaced the seals around the window, both of which I paid for out of pocket because my car was out of warranty. Eventually I called GM customer service and they did the final fix free of charge.
Nakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #21
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
sub
Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #22
Camaro45Steven

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Got my car back today, they think the leak is from a broken weld, i will be taking it back friday hopefully to get fixed this time
Camaro45Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45Steven View Post
Got my car back today, they think the leak is from a broken weld, i will be taking it back friday hopefully to get fixed this time
Appreciate your update,

Let us know if any further concerns arise.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care