Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #281
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I just thought I'd point this out...

The other day when I was driving home from work, I ended up behind a CTS and the color looked great in the sun. The closer I got, I was like "wow, I love that metallic sparkle... looks great!".... then closer... then closer... then I finally noticed that this car had the backup sensors on the bumper. But from a little ways back, it was barely even noticeable! Those sensors are so much smaller than the ones on my Fusion... they were body-colored, flush, and barely stood out until you were actually looking for them.

Needless to say, I hope they are this "disguised" when they arrive on the Camaros, because that was quite impressive compared to others that I've seen!

So I think that we will all be surprised when it's not as bad as we expected.

And if GM adding this feature is a deal-breaker for you, then you should be looking elsewhere for a car... Such as the old used car lots, for something a little more cave-man-esque, instead of a modern car
Old 09-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #282
getarz4u15ster

Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I just thought I'd point this out...

The other day when I was driving home from work, I ended up behind a CTS and the color looked great in the sun. The closer I got, I was like "wow, I love that metallic sparkle... looks great!".... then closer... then closer... then I finally noticed that this car had the backup sensors on the bumper. But from a little ways back, it was barely even noticeable! Those sensors are so much smaller than the ones on my Fusion... they were body-colored, flush, and barely stood out until you were actually looking for them.

Needless to say, I hope they are this "disguised" when they arrive on the Camaros, because that was quite impressive compared to others that I've seen!

So I think that we will all be surprised when it's not as bad as we expected.

And if GM adding this feature is a deal-breaker for you, then you should be looking elsewhere for a car... Such as the old used car lots, for something a little more cave-man-esque, instead of a modern car
I agree... If having backup sensors in the rear fascia of this car is the only thing I have to "knit Pick" about then it's doing very well.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
Old 09-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #283
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
any more news on the possibilities of retro fitting? i looked into other systems online, and they are look like they would work very well, they require more modification than i want to make
Old 09-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #284
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
any more news on the possibilities of retro fitting? i looked into other systems online, and they are look like they would work very well, they require more modification than i want to make
Can you elaborate on this?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #285
levi1922

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/aufrreulpase.html

thats where the systems i was looking into at.
im not sure if they are good or cheaply made and pos's
and i dont know of any notable brands for park assist

they are not alllllll that hard, but its going to be a do it your self thing, which i am not comfortable with, lack of self confidence, id rather take it to the dealer, and say "back up sensors please(:" and pick it up a few days later with it installed.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #286
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
No - we had them come to Detroit.......

And yes, they are, for the most part, performance enthusiasts - some like drag races -- others like autocross - -still others like a good road course....

And dramatic? Perhaps you'd have liked to have seen some of the emails and messages I got..............

No - not dramatic.
I find that hard to believe.............but I'll put it to rest.......

anyway, great job. I am looking forward to getting mine next year.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #287
DDustiNN

I found a picture of pretty much the exact car I saw when I was driving...

I think this will be the closest resemblance of what we should expect (being from GM and all)...

Notice how you can barely even see the backup sensors.

And here is another pic:

Now compare that to the giant ones that Ford uses...

Those stick out like a sore thumb, whereas GM's are much more subtle. Let's hope for the best (looks-wise), but hold off judgment until we see the final product
Old 09-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #288
levi1922

Quote:
I found a picture of pretty much the exact car I saw when I was driving...

I think this will be the closest resemblance of what we should expect (being from GM and all)...

Notice how you can barely even see the backup sensors.

And here is another pic:

Now compare that to the giant ones that Ford uses...

Those stick out like a sore thumb, whereas GM's are much more subtle. Let's hope for the best (looks-wise), but hold off judgment until we see the final product
GM always does an excellent job of hiding them. they are just about the only ones i have seen to have silver on the trucks where its chrome, and black where its plastic
Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #289
JJB

Drives: '15 BMW 228i
Quote:
If we should be looking for modern, maybe we shouldn't be looking at a car whose inspiration comes from something that's 40 years old. And if beepers are modern, what would cameras be?

I have started looking elsewhere for another car. I sold the freakin' Honda a couple of weeks ago so I do need to find something. The only problem for me is that nothing else can compete with the style and the price of the Camaro. Chevy really came up with a winner here, and in spite of someone finding a way to dick it up a little, it looks like it has a way to go before I would consider something else.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #290
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
1. If a price increase of <1% on a $33k+ car is busting your budget to the point you can find the $$ for a CAI or a catback, then you need to rethink your purchase altogether. Honest to god thats like buying a Ferrari and then bitching about how you can't afford $1000 for an oil change or something.

2. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything you don't want. If you don't like it that bad, vote with your wallet and don't buy it. Simple and a lot less effort than bitching isn't it? I'd be willing to bet GM isn't gonna miss one more "loyal customer" who only sees fit to bitch about everything.

3. If someone really is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy the car, please tell me where you are and I promise I'll send help post haste.

You need to learn to accept the fact that it is in fact 2009 and not 1969 and vehicles made by the major manufacturers come with packages of features. No matter how hard you bitch its not changing because there's no business case for it to be otherwise with a $30k car...
Old 09-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #291
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJB View Post
If we should be looking for modern, maybe we shouldn't be looking at a car whose inspiration comes from something that's 40 years old. And if beepers are modern, what would cameras be?

I have started looking elsewhere for another car. I sold the freakin' Honda a couple of weeks ago so I do need to find something. The only problem for me is that nothing else can compete with the style and the price of the Camaro. Chevy really came up with a winner here, and in spite of someone finding a way to dick it up a little, it looks like it has a way to go before I would consider something else.
Good... you won't be disappointed!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #292
JJSoCrazy

Drives: 2010 Infiniti G37xS
Send a message via AIM to JJSoCrazy
For the people who think it will ruin the look of the rear bumper and won't be flush, I am pretty sure it's not that bad.

My STS has them and they are very flush and rarely stand out

It's a great feature to have when parallel parking and comes in handy at all times, sometimes when I have a low curb behind me instead of opening the door all I do is rely on the sensor I have in my car just like the one in the Camaro.

Joe
Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #293
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I see that the 2LT and 2SS's prices on Chevy's website now reflect the $295 difference.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #294
Jblb1510

Drives: 1SS Camaro Soon
They need to have a good retro fit for this. Hopefully it will look as good as the caddy odes.

seven days and counting

Closed Thread