Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #43
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Since you blacked out the upper back, black out those horrible-looking silver rectangle exhaust tip ports. I guess whoever designed this thought they were an inverted mirror of the look of the tail lights but it's the worst part of the gfx package; should have left them off.

Just an idea.
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #44
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Don't have any pics to post, but my car got its first 2 scratches today :(

BAD ONES. Like I can feel the scratch with my fingernail bad. Body shop says they probably won't buff out :(

One small but deep scratch on driver's side rear, right at the corner of the taillights and the side of the car, other scratch on the passenger side, not as deep, but about 6 inches long, right above the rear wheel on the wheel arch bulge.

Getting it detailed/polished next week to see if it lessens the damage, cringe at the thought that I might need a bit of paint work already.

Pretty pissed off right now, but was red in the face irate earlier today. I think I got it at a mall. I was literally the only car parked for probably 5 rows (farthest back corner possible) but when I came back out of the mall, hand prints all over my side windows, so maybe someone's beltbuckle or something?

Anyways, I'm off to drink about 15 beers and call it a night............. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #45
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Don't have any pics to post, but my car got its first 2 scratches today :(

BAD ONES. Like I can feel the scratch with my fingernail bad. Body shop says they probably won't buff out :(

One small but deep scratch on driver's side rear, right at the corner of the taillights and the side of the car, other scratch on the passenger side, not as deep, but about 6 inches long, right above the rear wheel on the wheel arch bulge.

Getting it detailed/polished next week to see if it lessens the damage, cringe at the thought that I might need a bit of paint work already.

Pretty pissed off right now, but was red in the face irate earlier today. I think I got it at a mall. I was literally the only car parked for probably 5 rows (farthest back corner possible) but when I came back out of the mall, hand prints all over my side windows, so maybe someone's beltbuckle or something?

Anyways, I'm off to drink about 15 beers and call it a night............. :(
Man that sucks. Stories like this are going to make me paranoid to park it anywhere.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #46
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Unbelieveable...

I hope it's not too difficult to fix, that car is beautiful!
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #47
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Sorry to hear about the scratch, that sucks. If youre gonna drive em theyre gonna get scratched. Besides its gonna be hard to see at 70 mph! Have a good time in your new Camaro!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #48
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Just a small update,

When my 3M was initially applied, they only did a small strip on the hood, then to do the rallies, they had to cut the hood stripes in 2 pieces to go over the 3M joint. Now there is a small gap between the silver rally vynils. I was not very pleased to say the least.

So on Tuesday, I am getting my ENTIRE hood 3m'd. then the rallies will go on top of that (on top in case I ever want to change/get rid of stripes).

Just putting that out there as an FYI. If you are considering 3m clear bra and stripes, get your whole hood done first and save the trouble. Also less chance of road rash too.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #49
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Another small update:

Got a call today from the framing gallery. Forgot that I was getting my window sticker framed. Turned out real nice:

Also, recently went on a road trip. 2 interesting pictures. The first is a cool mileage number. Some of you more internet-ish people will understand it some won't: (look at the odo)

And then also, driving through a town, saw these and thought they were creepy enough to pull over and take a picture of:

if I was a little kid, I would be traumatized for life from those things.

Quote:

Last edited by djsnoflake; 07-13-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: my inability to spell correctly
Old 07-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #50
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
I think the thing you have to think about driving your Camaro around is that it will inevitably become scratched. For instance, my Dad has a 1965 Corvette Stingray Convertible that has loads of scratches, some paint it knocked off here and there, but he doesn't care because he knows it will happen. The only time he will ever get rid of the imperfections if he ever sells it at some kind of auction (which he wont, EVER. IT's his prized possesion)
Old 07-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #51
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Hey all, bombing around downtown today, saw some cool scenery, had the camera with me, and here's what came out of it. I think I took some pretty cool pics:

Happy mustang hunting!

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #52
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

My my my,

1000 posts. It seems like just yesterday I found this forum.

I want to thank all the awesome Camaro5 people for helping me make an informed decision about a car that wasn't even being made yet when I ordered it.
You guys helped me have an extremely pleasant and easy buying experience, and now I am having a blast driving my car around and turning heads everywhere I go with it.

I already have put on 2500 kms and they are the best miles I have ever had!

So from Lance (Me) and #9471, Thankyou Camaro5.com for being the most asskickingest 5th gen site on the net!

Quote:
Old 07-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #53
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Wow...that silver looks fantastic.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #54
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Went to SIR (Local drag strip) tonight. Had a blast.

Never done a drag race before, certainly a learning experience. Fastest time I got was 14.2 @ 103.9 MPH. Kept blowing the 2-3 shift or my reaction time. Oh well, I will do better next time! I will post my time slips later, I have to go to bed.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #55
CAFPilot

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Went to SIR (Local drag strip) tonight. Had a blast.

Never done a drag race before, certainly a learning experience. Fastest time I got was 14.2 @ 103.9 MPH. Kept blowing the 2-3 shift or my reaction time. Oh well, I will do better next time! I will post my time slips later, I have to go to bed.

I heard you had the car out to the SIR the first weekend you got the car? I was surprised you had taken it as was one of the first cars in Saskatoon along with mine and would have had no kms.

I had taken mine there a couple weeks ago (didn't race though). Still not too sure about taking it to the track, that same night I was there the Corvette Z06 owner nailed the wall! So that gave me some second thoughts!

See you around!
CAFPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:27 AM   #56
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFPilot View Post
I heard you had the car out to the SIR the first weekend you got the car? I was surprised you had taken it as was one of the first cars in Saskatoon along with mine and would have had no kms.

I had taken mine there a couple weeks ago (didn't race though). Still not too sure about taking it to the track, that same night I was there the Corvette Z06 owner nailed the wall! So that gave me some second thoughts!

See you around!

No that was someone else. I only took my car to SIR when it had 2600 kms on the clock. No way I would do that to a fresh car.

I had a fun time though. Keep an eye out for ya around town!

Quote: