Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Im very Happy With My Hotchkis Track Pack!!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #16
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Also I wish the experts on here would explain the full remedy to curing wheel hop. Honestly the old replace control arm thing is not the full cure. Wheel hop is the vertical movement of the wheel not lateral or front to rear. Proper dampening is also required whether from tire pressure with stock tires or drags, springs and shocks/struts or coilover dampening adjustment is also required in order to really cure wheel hop. Right now I have trailing arms and toe link arm upgrades and at 23000 miles the stock suspension is going south and now again my rear hops like it did before my arms upgrade.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #17
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Im very Happy With My Hotchkis Track Pack!!
No you're happy cause you car looks so damn good. Also how in the world can you stand to autocross with stock radius bushings.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #18
2012camaro2SS/RS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweasey View Post
I feel your pain. After back surgery I want to be comfortable and have high performance. I live in Moorpark and drove up to Oxnard to see what Granatelli had to offer. Sooo worth the drive. I can't do the install so they did and here is what I had them do at their suggestions.

1. 2010 - 2012 Camaro 1G Suspension Bracing Package... This alone vastly improver grip in straight runs and 101 to Malibu drives... If you know what I mean.

2.Camaro Rear Lower Control Arms... These stopped the hop from starts and sudden excellerations that the chevy parts could not stop.

I plan on going all the way with this car as I want it all. But within my fixed budget.

I know this will help as it does for mine... Chris
Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your back. It sounds like you want to do the exact same thing as me and with a budget. Haha, good to know others are suffering with adding shit on to our cars constantly.
I want to do what you have done with yours, just havent got an order ready. When I do, I will prbly get quite a bit for the suspension. I want to change some looks on my car too...FML
So much to add.
Gives me something to look forward to in my freetime(searching for this stuff)
Thanks for your information man!
2012camaro2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #19
2012camaro2SS/RS

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Also I wish the experts on here would explain the full remedy to curing wheel hop. Honestly the old replace control arm thing is not the full cure. Wheel hop is the vertical movement of the wheel not lateral or front to rear. Proper dampening is also required whether from tire pressure with stock tires or drags, springs and shocks/struts or coilover dampening adjustment is also required in order to really cure wheel hop. Right now I have trailing arms and toe link arm upgrades and at 23000 miles the stock suspension is going south and now again my rear hops like it did before my arms upgrade.
+1
Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #20
2012camaro2SS/RS

Hey

Quote:
Sways, springs, rear cradle bushings not inserts,(waste of time), Radius bush mod, endlinks a must with upgraded sways, rear trailing arm upgrade and toelink arm upgrade. If you want to corner like an M3 instead of a 335 I would get BMRs rear drag bar, Pfadts, Hotchkis competition kits or Pedders solution C and kiss understeer good bye in extreme conditions. My Hotchkis 35mm rear comp bar set to full stiff feels not stiff at all but corners Freaking fantastic. Out cornered an e46 M3 so far like it was going straight, I couldn't believe it. The Camaro SS chassis is very well balanced and the weight distribution is to die for, better than a 335. Great balanced chassis with lousy stock suspension = GEN 5 Camaro SS. Now give it a good dose of suspension mods from any one of our vendors and watch it turn into a supercar, no joke.
haha someone isnt driving to shabby of rides are they?? M3? and Ive driven all of the bmws quite a bit, new ones too. Own 3 in different models. M3 to me handled amazing but I couldnt tell a huge difference besides it was just so much more stiff than the 335i, and a little rough when compared at 335i. Nothing bad, just stiff for bmw. thats absolutely badass that you are beating m3s at cornering!! I totally agree with what you said, thats why I am dying to get this stuff.
I want to kill wheel hop completely. I love being fast 0-60. And I dont want understeer, like you said.
Thank you for your input!!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #21
2012camaro2SS/RS

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
We also have some options that ould really help out the handling of the car and not break the bank. Our parts are made here in our facility so we can keep the end price down and give the customer the best deal possible....Here is a link to our 2010+ Camaro parts we have available, let me know if you have any questions or if there is something I can help you out with.

BMR 2010+ Camaro parts
Hey BMR, thank you for the advice. I will let you know if I have any questions. Whats your company's best 2-3 items for the problems I am looking to cure here?
-Dylan
Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #22
2012camaro2SS/RS

Yet another option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
Dylan the Pedders drop springs have a great stance to them, but bought as a Street II kit makes a better value to help the overall handling of the car.This kit includes the foundational bushings and adjustment kit with the drop springs.There is a Pedders pace car kit that has the coil overs,sway bars and bushings that you may want to consider,this one of our most popular kits it is worth a look before you decide.Here is a set of Pedders drop springs installed.
Thank you for your information and advice. I have seen some stuff about pedders recently when looking into this. These packages are definitely under my consideration now!
I am looking at some pedders stuff right now. I have read that pedders is very comfortable in other c5 forums.

Thank you 55design and Steiger! Good input!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 AM   #23
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
One more budget minded opinion:

1) Pfadt balance bar
2) Pedders Radius arm Inserts and Rear subframe inserts
(full rear bushings would be too firm for me)
3) SS shock/strut take offs from SLP
(check E-Bay: $39.95 for all four w/front endlinks)
Mine came off a 2012 V8- like new!
4) SS springs from someone unloading their old springs here on C5.
Avg $30-$50. Caught mine for $30 shipped.
Drops the rear end 3/4", front 1/8".
5) Pick up a SS front sway the same way.

Car runs dead level now, firm and controlled but still civilized. The level of handling exceeds the sum of its parts, and these are all mods you can perform yourself, avoiding the dreaded labor costs. Just an alignment when you're done. It sure works for me.

Wrote all that and just realised you've got an SS! Gotta quite posting when I can't sleep! Have fun with your upgrades...
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #24
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweasey View Post
Have Fun!
Nice BMR trailing arm!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #25
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012camaro2SS/RS View Post
Hey BMR, thank you for the advice. I will let you know if I have any questions. Whats your company's best 2-3 items for the problems I am looking to cure here?
-Dylan
If there was 3 BMR parts I was going to use in your situation I would use the trailing arms to help with the wheel hop and the sway bars and lowering springs to help with the handling aspects. These parts overall would be inexpensive and really change up the feel of the car.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #26
Jeremy@AirLift

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Air suspension is always a great choice! You get excellent handling characteristics, superior ride quality and full height adjustability. Let me know if you have any questions! By the way I am not here to sell anything, just trying to help

Jeremy@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #27
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
I suggest you get the full Hotchkis track pack, it is really is a great complete kit and we install a TON of these. Unless your tracking the car this track pack will really make you happy without breaking your wallet. can't beat it and the install is a breeze.
Dylan – 55Designs said it all for us and he’s not on our payroll. Thanks 55Designs!

The track pack is a good kit for what you’re asking for out of your Camaro.

We took our Track Pack equipped 5th gen Camaro to a track day where we were able to drive a stock Camaro and then get into our Camaro right away. This video shows how the drivers feel the changes with the Hotchkis Track Pack.

...and also these other tests of Hotchkis products.
http://www.camaroperformers.com/cama...ASwfIBL7hWCeCO

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/dr...aro-track-pack
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #28
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Thanks to our supporters for the kind words about our products. The Hotchkis equipped Camaros do everything a bit better than stock Camaros. We’ve had success at reducing wheel-hop under hard launches with our Chassis Max undercar brace. Our brace reduces wheel-hop quite a bit...so much that Lingenfelter uses it on all of their big-power cars including the world's fastest 5th gen drag car.

The best way to combat the wheel hop is to switch to a solid axle, but then you’ll be defeating the awesome handling benefits of the IRS. We choose to have the car more fun to drive around corners better, but as a whole, we’ll keep working on off-the-line performance too.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, hotchkis, pfadt, suspension, upgrade