Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I've been looking at purchasing one as well. Do you offer any forum discounts?
PM sent with more info.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post
I am assuming different versions will require different skill levels to install. On the BBK video, the washer reservoir is still there, but on others I have seen it removed, or moved. I think with my skill level with today's cars, I could install something like the BBK version. I am not so sure about something that would require moving the washer bottle, etc. (Not that I couldn't do it, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.)

Are the HP gains for the V8 for the Manual only? When I get my Camaro SS/RS it will be automatic and I wonder if it will do the same for an Automatic concerning HP increase and improved sound.

The rotofab doesnt require u to move anything. Its very easy to install and I prefer the look of the rotofab cai. And no its not just on the manuals, u can feel a huge differents on A6s as well.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
MIKnam67
MIC

Drives: 2012 SSRS 6sp man Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3SAR View Post
I have heard so many different claims about cold air kits. Are these cars really showing a bump in power?
Sorry to hijack the thread, just want to learn

Look up the Jannetty CAI report. Each CAI was tested on Camaro on a Dyno with list showing results. And with the good one's the answer is yes there are HP and TQ increases up to 13 - 15 HP and more when combined with a air scoop.
MIKnam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
The Roto-fab doesn't require u to move anything. Its very easy to install and I prefer the look of the Roto-fab cai. And no its not just on the manuals, u can feel a huge difference on A6s as well.
Many thanks for that! I will definitely look at getting one when I get my SS/RS this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Many thanks for that! I will definitely look at getting one when I get my SS/RS this year!

Just to be clear, our system does not require you to move or change anything, and there is no tune required. Just remove the oem air box, bolt on ours, and you are good to go! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #20
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Just to be clear, our system does not require you to move or change anything, and there is no tune required. Just remove the oem air box, bolt on ours, and you are good to go! Let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you! I will definitely give top consideration to a sponsor of this site as I have used this site for numerous research questions in my decision to get a Camaro SS/RS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
Quote:
I am assuming different versions will require different skill levels to install. On the BBK video, the washer reservoir is still there, but on others I have seen it removed, or moved. I think with my skill level with today's cars, I could install something like the BBK version. I am not so sure about something that would require moving the washer bottle, etc. (Not that I couldn't do it, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.)

Are the HP gains for the V8 for the Manual only? When I get my Camaro SS/RS it will be automatic and I wonder if it will do the same for an Automatic concerning HP increase and improved sound.

Most of the cai's won't require you to relocate the washer bottle. Mine is a cai ind. intake and its super simple and quick to install. I also did the washer bottle relocate and ADM scoop and it was still pretty simple to do, it just takes a little more time but its well worth it. I purchased the ADM scoop and Apex washer bottle from Apex Motorsports which is also on this forum. Matter of fact, there is also a detailed post on here how to install the washer bottle relocate kit, with step by step instructions and pics,.... So,.... either way its still a pretty easy install whichever you decide to do.
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
PM sent with more info.
Can you pm me some info also? I've got some nice holiday time paychecks coming in soon and I've been looking to get one for my V6. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Also send me more info please, I'm looking to get a CAI and any info and discount for a forum member would be appreciated.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Love my ADM
Old 01-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyGamr2 View Post
Can you pm me some info also? I've got some nice holiday time paychecks coming in soon and I've been looking to get one for my V6. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Also send me more info please, I'm looking to get a CAI and any info and discount for a forum member would be appreciated.
I have sent both of you a PM with links and more information regarding our intakes. Thank you for choosing CAI Inc.!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy1 View Post
Most of the cai's won't require you to relocate the washer bottle. Mine is a cai ind. intake and its super simple and quick to install. I also did the washer bottle relocate and ADM scoop and it was still pretty simple to do, it just takes a little more time but its well worth it. I purchased the ADM scoop and Apex washer bottle from Apex Motorsports which is also on this forum. Matter of fact, there is also a detailed post on here how to install the washer bottle relocate kit, with step by step instructions and pics,.... So,.... either way its still a pretty easy install whichever you decide to do.
Thank you for your business and the mention. There have been several Camaro5 members who have post outstanding DIY threads. Here are a few.

DIY - ADM Scoop & Apex Washer Tank Installed with a CAI intake
By: ClutchKargo

Apex Motorsports Washer Tank Relocation Kit & Air Scoop
By: edgar3

Apex Motorsports Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit Now Available!!!
By: Darth_Emma
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
Bumblebeesucks

Drives: Bumblebee
Thanks a ton guys! Anyone with actual dyno tests with a V8?
Bumblebeesucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebeesucks View Post
Thanks a ton guys! Anyone with actual dyno tests with a V8?

Check this thread out,........
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107002

The search feature can be your friend,.......
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote