Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
SwedishMeatballs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
What tires should I get if I'm euro trash?

Haha. Ok the first thing you need to know is that I'm in Sweden, Europe and everything here is really expensive compared to what you U.S folk are used to. For instance the RRP for the 20" Pzero's is 5.600 SEK which converts to TADAAA $860 BUCKS A POP!!! Times 4 tires right .. not gonna happen.

Ok the USD is quite cheap now which I really will enjoy when I go to the States this summer, but you get the idea. It's hella expensive.

So if I don't feel that I need the PZERO's, what other decent tire can I get? The Camaro is my daily driver so I don't need some high velocity tire or something like that, I'm really careful about the car but I want to have fun occationally ofcourse.

Any ideas?
SwedishMeatballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
customkingz.de

Drives: GM / Chrysler / Dodge
I can send you some from Germany if interested. We have good prices on tires here.

PM me.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs View Post
Haha. Ok the first thing you need to know is that I'm in Sweden, Europe and everything here is really expensive compared to what you U.S folk are used to. For instance the RRP for the 20" Pzero's is 5.600 SEK which converts to TADAAA $860 BUCKS A POP!!! Times 4 tires right .. not gonna happen.

Ok the USD is quite cheap now which I really will enjoy when I go to the States this summer, but you get the idea. It's hella expensive.

So if I don't feel that I need the PZERO's, what other decent tire can I get? The Camaro is my daily driver so I don't need some high velocity tire or something like that, I'm really careful about the car but I want to have fun occationally ofcourse.

Any ideas?
Holy crap, Have you thought about driving to Italy and smuggling some in your car? haha.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
SwedishMeatballs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hey ... I'm up for anything, the easiest thing would be to order online ofcourse. I haven't really checked on prices for Pzero in the rest of Europe.

The main question is still if there are any other good value for money threads worth looking out for. Driving on Pzeros is overkill I think.
SwedishMeatballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #5
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
2 suggestions, from personal experience:

Dunlop (SP Sport Maxi or similar)
Hankook (Ventus ST): have these on the Range and they're great. Didn't know them, on my 2nd set now (first one lasted 80.000 miles, if not for the geo being off, I would have done even more).
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Continental Extreme contact DWS's are getting more and more attention. They seem to be a good all season tire that has a 540 tread wear rating, compared to the 220 of the Pirelli's.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
They get my vote too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Continental Extreme contact DWS's are getting more and more attention. They seem to be a good all season tire that has a 540 tread wear rating, compared to the 220 of the Pirelli's.
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
2 suggestions, from personal experience:

Dunlop (SP Sport Maxi or similar)
Hankook (Ventus ST): have these on the Range and they're great. Didn't know them, on my 2nd set now (first one lasted 80.000 miles, if not for the geo being off, I would have done even more).

I've got the Hankook's and no issue with them (yet).