Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNOLMT View Post
I'm actually glad that the heritage grill didn't come with the car. It's a good way to tell who is and isn't a real Camaro enthusiast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
LOL yes indeed. Although I'm sure there are some who would disagree, nevertheless well spoken sir.
I don't think that's a fair comment.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
It's a good way to tell who is and isn't a real Camaro enthusiast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
LOL yes indeed. Although I'm sure there are some who would disagree, nevertheless well spoken sir.
So if I don't like that Heritage grill and spend the bucks on it that means I am not an enthusiast? That is kind of a lame statement isnt it?
I think it takes a bit more then a 200 dollar grill to prove who is what....

but hey I think an enthusiast would of ordered their camaro a LONG time ago.... like.. back in October 2008..... I think that makes me an enthusiast... with or without the grill.......

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
aka aVOL2 (because I ride a VOLusia Too)
avol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #17
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I don't think that's a fair comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #18
ZNOLMT

Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
Wow, a bit defensive aren't we?

I didn't mean to offend, I honestly didn't think anyone would take my comment so seriously.

Hows this then ..

I personally think the stock grill on the 2010 Camaro looks awkward and is in no way reminiscent of the car's "heritage". I think most enthusiasts would do SOMETHING with that grill, whether that means replacing it with the GMPP Heritage grill, or another aftermarket grill like the billet ones that defenderworkx is producing, or even something else down the line. There are alternatives, don't get me wrong!

I was suggesting that people who don't care about the cars lineage would likely do something a bit less tasteful.

I just don't think that big black plastic rectangles look good on the front of this beautiful car. Especially when GM offers an alternative that is far more fitting.

Also, to your comment about ordering in October .. I really don't see the relevance. I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't order in October who love the Camaro just as much as you do. Maybe there was a reason they didn't (or couldn't).

That is just my opinion. If you like the look of the stock grill then you're entitled to your opinion as well.

Last edited by ZNOLMT; 06-17-2009 at 03:00 AM.
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Quote:
Wow, a bit defensive aren't we?

I didn't mean to offend, I honestly didn't think anyone would take my comment so seriously.

Hows this then ..

I personally think the stock grill on the 2010 Camaro looks awkward and is in no way reminiscent of the car's "heritage". I think most enthusiasts would do SOMETHING with that grill, whether that means replacing it with the GMPP Heritage grill, or another aftermarket grill like the billet ones that defenderworkx is producing, or even something else down the line. There are alternatives, don't get me wrong!

I was suggesting that people who don't care about the cars lineage would likely do something a bit less tasteful.

I just don't think that big black plastic rectangles look good on the front of this beautiful car. Especially when GM offers an alternative that is far more fitting.

Also, to your comment about ordering in October .. I really don't see the relevance. I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't order in October who love the Camaro just as much as you do. Maybe there was a reason they didn't (or couldn't).

That is just my opinion. If you like the look of the stock grill then you're entitled to your opinion as well.
its all good.....by me stating the October order date I was just trying to show you that the term "enthusiast can mean many different things.... I love my Camaro, and plan to do some mods to her as I desire........

Me defensive? maybe, but I was just trying to counteract your point...

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Hey everyone, my company Defenderworx makes four different types of Grilles for the new Camaro. They are all available for purchase at Addicted Auto Accessories ebay store at http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Addicted-Auto-Accessories and here are a few pictures of them....

Defenderworx SEMA Camaro:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23880

Defenderworx Accessories:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23586
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #21
ZNOLMT

Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by avol2 View Post
its all good.....by me stating the October order date I was just trying to show you that the term "enthusiast can mean many different things.... I love my Camaro, and plan to do some mods to her as I desire........

Me defensive? maybe, but I was just trying to counteract your point...
I can respect that~
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote