Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #15
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Besides Lug pattern ...
The Camaro wheels are Hub-centric, not relying on only the stud and lug nut for all the structural integrity of the wheel/hub connection. The center bore of the wheel is sized to fit perfectly onto the axle of that car. The lugnuts hold the wheel firmly to the mounting plate, but it is the wheel-to-axle connection that helps hold the weight of the car. The Center Bore is 66.9 mm; if I were to use permanent spacers, I'd make sure the spacers carried forward the Hub-centric design to match that of the wheel (e.g. via machined flange on the spacer).
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #16
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
What he said ^^^ the wheels need to be HUB centric in order not to get wheel shimmy which spacers can not guarantee ...especially non-billet aluminum ones. See post#3 here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351937 for where to order Hub- Centric billet aluminum ones and how to measure how big of a spacer you can use before you run out of stud length to guarantee the lugs are fully tightened and won't come loose and need to use adapators instead.

Last edited by camguynj; 03-15-2016 at 10:38 PM.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #17
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patroklai View Post
So I've been looking into adding spacers... I've already read all the "stigma" these things get but I have spacers on my M3 and it performs beautify. That said, I'm looking at two brands, H&R and Eibach.

H&R says the 2010-2012 Camaro uses 5x120. However, the Eibach equivalent part number that fits the same car/year states the bolt pattern is 5x120.65

What gives? Who is right?
Ah geez people 120.65 is nothing more then the calculation from the past standard of measure, Imperial, to presently using metric so the calculation gives actual which btw is a minute .65 mm ..... unoticeable!! And both will fit interchangeable .
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote