Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
CamaroGrrl

Drives: Mad Max ~ 2SS/RS Camaro LS3/VR
Jim's 66 Muffler shop in Albuquerque

Just wanted to let all the folks living in Abq/Santa Fe know about a great muffler shop. Jim's 66 Muffler Shop is on the corner of Central Ave. & Jefferson - just west of San Mateo. He's done work for us before (put a Magnaflow exhaust on our Dodge p/u) and we liked his work - no issues, great welds, etc.

Well, we were a bit disappointed in how quiet our Camaro SS M6 ran, so we stopped by a couple of days ago and had Jim do a muffler delete on it - just replaced them with straight pipes. Again, he did a fabulous job...only took a couple of hours, and everything looks & sounds great. The muffler delete made a huge difference in our exhaust - sounds gnarly, but still not too loud inside the car.

So, if anyone is looking for an honest, quick, quality muffler shop...I recommend Jim's 66 Muffler shop.

CamaroGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Gen5SSRS

Drives: Black 2010 1SS RS,
Doesn't the removal of your mufflers make the car too loud for mayor Marty's sound police? I agree the car is a little too quiet stock but don't need the sound police chasing me down. Do you think the car is really streetable, or should I go with Flowmasters?
Gen5SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
CamaroGrrl

Drives: Mad Max ~ 2SS/RS Camaro LS3/VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5SSRS View Post
Doesn't the removal of your mufflers make the car too loud for mayor Marty's sound police? I agree the car is a little too quiet stock but don't need the sound police chasing me down. Do you think the car is really streetable, or should I go with Flowmasters?
It's your call. I'm sure the flowmasters will sound good...probly not as aggressive though. But then, I haven't heard a Camaro with Flowmasters yet.

I don't make a habit of revving when there's police nearby or when I'm driving through neighborhoods...but I guess I could still be at risk. Seeing as I don't usually follow posted speed limits, it follows that I'm not too concerned about complying with the Mayor's sound restrictions. In short, it's a risk I'm willing to take to have the car I want.

CamaroGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Gen5SSRS

Ok, Thanks, I usually don't run it that hard ont he street, but do like hearing the music when I'm just cruising. I had flowmasters on my 01 SS and loved the sound so I will probably just wait til Flowmaster comes out with mufflers.

Thanx again
Old 08-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Congrats on your cars. I just finished up installing ARH headers with cats on my 2SS A6 yesterday and wow what a difference even with the stock mufflers. Its quiet while cruzing and very aggressive sounding with more power when putting the peddle down.
ZZTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Gen5SSRS

Did you install a cai also, or just exhaust mod?
Gen5SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Still waiting on vararam cai so still stock intake.
ZZTOM is offline   Reply With Quote