Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Prime Time

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
HOTCHKIS suspension question

I would like to purchase this set of rear and front sway bars for my 2012 Camaro 1LT. However, I do not see any reference in the description to say that it is for the V6. They did make a reference under the Detail section refering to the SS but that doesn't necessarily mean it is only for the SS. I went on Hotchkis website too and they dont say if this will fit on the V6.

Can anyone tell me if this set up is for the V6 http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...maro-22109.htm
Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
I would like to purchase this set of rear and front sway bars for my 2012 Camaro 1LT. However, I do not see any reference in the description to say that it is for the V6. They did make a reference under the Detail section refering to the SS but that doesn't necessarily mean it is only for the SS. I went on Hotchkis website too and they dont say if this will fit on the V6.

Can anyone tell me if this set up is for the V6 http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...maro-22109.htm
Why dont you call Hotchkis or email them directly...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Synner

Drives: cars
They fit both.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Had them on my 2010 LT. Thay fit both. Springs for both also,But marginal on the v6 due to the softer shocks
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
For the same price you could go ZL1 fe5 or 1LE fe6 and get the new style rear sway bar set up also just a option im very happy with my ZL1 set up
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
Prime Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Had them on my 2010 LT. Thay fit both. Springs for both also,But marginal on the v6 due to the softer shocks

what's your experience with them on? what do you mean marginal on your V6 becase of the softer shocks? are you saying because of the softer shocks, lowering the car would be a bad thing?

Their product description says that the coils have higher spring rates and and compliments the stock shocks.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
what's your experience with them on? what do you mean marginal on your V6 becase of the softer shocks? are you saying because of the softer shocks, lowering the car would be a bad thing?

Their product description says that the coils have higher spring rates and and compliments the stock shocks.
The shocks were o.k. on normal roads, and seemed to control the springs and rode well, but on a freeway with long dips and such the back was floaty, felt like no shocks at all, and worde on bumps as all drop springs.The shocks are softer then the ss also, especially compared to my 2012. They may work technically, no expert here, as to the travel whichseems to be the concern with a 1" drop, but the valving may not be up to the stiffer spring rates. Also you wont get a 1" drop on the v6 with made for v8 springs, They will lower it to ss height, about 1.5" drop in the rear and 1.25" in front as the v6 car sits higher then the ss
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Brandon@LSRPerformance

Drives: N/A
Quote:
I would like to purchase this set of rear and front sway bars for my 2012 Camaro 1LT. However, I do not see any reference in the description to say that it is for the V6. They did make a reference under the Detail section refering to the SS but that doesn't necessarily mean it is only for the SS.
Please check out our LSR swaybar kit that fits the V6:

Quote:
LSR Performance’s new adjustable swaybars for the 2010 Camaro SS!! The only kit on the market designed and manufactured out of 4130 high strength chrome moly tubing and tig welded for maximum strength! Both front and rear bars are 3 position adjustable for ultra fine tuning of the suspension.

The front bar is adjustable from 159%, 212% and 285% stiffer then stock. While the rear bar is adjustable from 204%, 364% and 495% stiffer then stock. All this adds up to a kit that has been tested and designed to offer decreased body roll and much better handling on the 2010 Camaro. The bars feature billet and stamped ends that are welded on and not coined, which prevents unnecessary stress. High quality Energy suspension urethane bushings and brackets are included as well.

They are also powdercoated silver metal flake for a durable and long lasting finish. Speaking of long lasting, the LSR Performance bars feature a LIFETIME WARRANTY! So these will be the last set of swaybars you will ever have to purchase.
Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Brandon@LSRPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:

Our sway bars work for both the V6 and the V8. The nice thing about our sway bars vs the 1LE sways is that the rear bar is adjustable. This lets you tailor the stiffness of the bar to match where you are driving the car (canyon, autocross, road course), your wheel/tire combo, your suspension, and your own dirving style.

http://www.hotchkis.net/2010_camaro_...sway_bars.html
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #10
Prime Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
Our sway bars work for both the V6 and the V8. The nice thing about our sway bars vs the 1LE sways is that the rear bar is adjustable. This lets you tailor the stiffness of the bar to match where you are driving the car (canyon, autocross, road course), your wheel/tire combo, your suspension, and your own dirving style.

http://www.hotchkis.net/2010_camaro_...sway_bars.html
I'm 90% leaning toward this Hotchkis sway bars setup, and I will also be purchasing a set of springs too as well and for those i'm 50/50 between Hotchkis and Pfadt. How come Hotchkis doesn't have the Stage 1 TVS for the V6? You have it for the V8 and the pricing seems to be better with the sway bars and springs together. For the V6 I would have to purchase the springs, rear & front sway bars separately, which is more $$$.

One of my camaro club members bought the Hotchkis Camaro Track Pack setup for his SS and that's how he got me leaning toward Hotchkis. I'm more likely to buy it from Phastek but just seeing where I could get better pricing.