Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
FWIW an exhaust coupled with a CAI will produce more power than without an upgraded exhaust. Even a axle back will help because of less restriction in the exhaust. How much?? have to put it on a dyno to figure out. But I'm sure there are gains to be had.
I'd like to see some evidence of these claims. While it's true for many, many vehicles, I don't think anyone has empirical proof that an axle-back exhaust does anything for the LLT/LFX platform performance-wise. The stock exhaust flows pretty decently.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
gotz02skate

Drives: 2013 v6 MT
ive read that catbacks for the lfx has minimal to no gains.. sounds like crap to me =\ prolly why when searching for exhaust they dont list any gains? but brand new 2013 v6.. i think im going to order my CAI today, i have Muffler Deletes that cost 100$.. its a good sound change over stock, i feel like it has some good rasp higher in gears.

Good compliments in wyoming even tho everyone feeds me shit for it being a v6. personally im going to upgrade to a catback when they decide to release some headers for us. just my 2 Cents.
gotz02skate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #17
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
I too went to apex (thanks Chase) Got a nice deal and installed my exhaust/mod and intake same time. Since I modded first, I never heard a drone. Unless you count over 80, but I only hear that in AZ. And with the ******** box working, Can't even hear the drone.
Thanks for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Got my MRT v2 locally yesterday for $400 from a local club member. Score!! Will get them welded on today.
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotz02skate View Post
personally im going to upgrade to a catback when they decide to release some headers for us. just my 2 Cents.
As you found out in your other thread, there are no headers for the LFX and never will be. Just wanted to post this so others who read this thread at a later time don't get led astray.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #20
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdamon View Post
This is what I'm looking for and also am not happy with the drone of the MRT 2.0.
Is the GM option you mentioned a GM branded Borla axle-back? That's what I'm leaning towards.
yes
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the MRT V2. Highly recommended. Incredible.
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote