Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
alexice1421

Drives: 2012 Chevy Corvette TR 2LT LS3 6spd
SCHUMACHER CHEVY!!! in Little Falls, NJ(issue resolved)

I asked the general sales manager to not have the front license plate put on when i was ordering my car!! So when the car was coming in they were not suppose to put the plate on.

So when I went to see the car it had the front license plate on the car. He then proceeded to tell me that its mounted in from the bottom part of the bumper in the grille and that the holes will not be on the bumper, if i wanted to remove the plate.

So in believing him, I said ok, since i can take it on and off with out any damage to the front bumper then it might as well stay on for now.

So earlier today I start taking off my plate to see if there really are any holes on the bumper....and there were 4 rivets!!!!:mad 0260:

WTF...y would lie bout that, soooo it turns out the dealership had completely lied to me. I don't know what to do, I'm definitely calling them tomorrow and request to talk to the general manager. I dunno if I could contact GM if I have any rights in this matter, because I bought the car its not like I could take it back !?!?!

I'm just venting...I wanted to put this up so we could put Schumacher Chevrolet in Little Falls, NJ on the dealerships to stay away from list!

*MODERATOR EDIT*

OK, so i talked with them [March 2nd] about the whole situation...and they are willing to do everything they can to fix the error that occurred on the car.

Unfortunately after having a nice discussion with my father...even tho i'm older he still gives out some good advise lol...he told me that i shouldn't do anything about it, that i might jinx myslef and ill start getting massive tickets lol

basically don't tempt faith...its on there for a reason and just let it stay on there. Instead schumacher chevy offered me my first service for free...so i willingly take back anything negative I said about them...and it shows that are a reputable Chevy dealer and are giving GM a good name

Alex Ristovic
Writer/Host/Producer/Podcast-er for The Heavy Foot...I love cars and I love talking about cars.

Check out our episodes on YoutTube

Please check out my site, The Heavy Foot
And please listen to our Podcast, new episodes every week.

Any feedback on site or podcast is welcomed. If you have any suggestions for future shows or what you would want to listen to, email here.

Last edited by DGthe3; 03-02-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: included resolved post
alexice1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Someone screwed up and they probably told the sales guy some BS. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I would not have taken delivery like that. I would say, you take it of and I will wait. All you can do now is ask them to swap the bumpers out with a similar car hopefully they have one available. Or they should make good and order you a new bumper and take car of it for you.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
HIGHOCTANE

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Sorry..that SUCKS!!!
I live in a state that doesn't requre a front plate...so I drive 2 hours to the dealer that had the car I wanted only to find it was imported from CT and has a front plate.
The dealer is filling the holes and repainting the bumper.. and doing it the right way.
So far my dealer,Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary NC,has been TOP NOTCH...unfortunately it is rare now days to find a dealer worth a hoot. :(

2010 IBM 2SS/RS Camaro (M6)
Previous rides:
2003 Twin Turbo Mustang Cobra(900 RWHP)
2004 KB S/C Mustang Cobra(700 RWHP)
2003 Mustang GT,Heads,Cam, N20 ect..
HIGHOCTANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
alexice1421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Someone screwed up and they probably told the sales guy some BS. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I would not have taken delivery like that. I would say, you take it of and I will wait. All you can do now is ask them to swap the bumpers out with a similar car hopefully they have one available. Or they should make good and order you a new bumper and take car of it for you.
They should def get me a new bumper and its needs to be painted as well...i don't want to pay for any of that.

Your right I almost didn't take delivery and i guess thats where he decided to lie to me.

Alex Ristovic
Writer/Host/Producer/Podcast-er for The Heavy Foot...I love cars and I love talking about cars.

Any feedback on site or podcast is welcomed. If you have any suggestions for future shows or what you would want to listen to, email here.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexice1421 View Post
They should def get me a new bumper and its needs to be painted as well...i don't want to pay for any of that.

Your right I almost didn't take delivery and i guess thats where he decided to lie to me.
Stick to your guns, but be Nice and FIRM.... if you freak they will blow you off. I think they will take care of it, they really have to to keep a customer satisfied.

Last edited by Xmicro_SS; 02-28-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Xmicro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
SShift

Drives: Only Bowties!
Doubt they will do anything for you. By law if the car is registered in the sate that has a front plate they have to put it on.
SShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
alexice1421

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShift View Post
Doubt they will do anything for you. By law if the car is registered in the sate that has a front plate they have to put it on.
actually there is no such law...they are liable, that if its not on, and i get a ticket i could get mad at them and then force them to pay for my ticket, because there is an issue of me not knowing that a front plate needs to be on the car.

But if a customer makes a request and its written in paper that a customer made such a request then they are not liable anymore. and when i discussed it with them they wrote it all down.

Alex Ristovic

Old 02-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Quote:
Really. My dealer did as I asked.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
alexice1421

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Code R6P View Post
Really. My dealer did as I asked.
once you make the request, they are not liable anymore, so there is no reason to not follow the request.

Alex Ristovic

Old 02-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I would think contacting GM wouldn't do any good. The dealerships would be the ones responsible for this mistake. Give them a chance to make it good. I can definitely understand your anger, made sure to ask my dealership several times before final order went through that front plate not be installed. My state does not require a front plate though. Good Luck.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Sorry to hear about this. Just be polite and ask them what they intend to do to rectify the situation. Put the ball in their court. My dealer knew not to even think about putting one on the front. Scotty had it in the trunk where it will stay.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
put you hand in your grundle for like a an hour then when you see him, give him a sweet sweaty grundle handshake and put your arm arpound him.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #13
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
If they won't do anything for you check this out:
www.bumperplugs.com

great product, got them for my charger.
AquaSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #14
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
RI law you need a front plate. My dealer " Hey your plate is in the trunk. We know most Camaro owners don't want it installed. Let us know if you do." Hurd Chevrolet is great!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote