Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

View Poll Results: What do you think of the proposed route?
Too long 2 28.57%
Too short 0 0%
Just about right 6 85.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #29
SilverICEK

Drives: 2011 1LT
Does anyone have a suggestion of a way to cut away from New Hope as we get closer to avoid traffic? And then rejoin River Road north of New Hope
SilverICEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #30
double d

Drives: Black 2LT RS
The only way I know of is to cross the bridge into Jersey, take Rt.32 north, and than cross back over to Pa above New Hope.

If the SEPA guys coming from the west want to join, I could meet them at the Willow Grove turnpike entrance and take them north.
3800 = Produced, 7/22 VIN #2G1FC1EV4A9127541
4200 = Shipped 07/27/2009
5000 = Delivered to Dealer 08/07/2009
6000 = Delivered To Customer 08/08/2009
double d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #31
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverICEK View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion of a way to cut away from New Hope as we get closer to avoid traffic? And then rejoin River Road north of New Hope
One route is to take 413 N. (not a bad ride itself) to 611 N, and rejoin River Rd. above New Hope. There are many "back roads", but I don't know the name of them.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #32
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Sorry to take a while to post back, works been nuts...River road on PA site just north of New Hope is closed due to bridge construction over Delaware Canal. Unfortunately, this is a pretty common theme in central and upper Bucks county, small, older bridges closed everywhere.

Depending on the time of the cruise, on either a Saturday or Sunday morning, rolling into New Hope isn't really a problem until probably 10AM or so (jeezus, plz don't hold me to this if I'm dead wrong later )

We could roll from south Bucks into New Hope, make a right onto 179 and cross over into Lambertville. Head north on Rte 29 in New Jersey. From there there's a couple of places to turn back into PA. Stockton, then Frenchtown and further up Milford/Upper Black Eddy.

Frenchtown is a nice little town with a couple of restaurants and coffee shops. There's a parking lot right next to the river where we could make it a final stop for coffee etc. if people wanted to. I'm hoping again on a Sat/Sun morning, the lot wouldn't be full b/c then like every other small town, parking can be a PITA.

There's a couple easy ways back from there. Return via same route in NJ, cutover to PA and follow River rd south (rte 32) or head up out of river valley to PA route 611. I can easily get everyone to 611.

Sat or Sun July 23 or 24 both work for me.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #33
SilverICEK

What do we think folks? Too hot this weekend for a drive?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #34
Lightrider

Sunday is supposed to be a bit cooler than Saturday.

Sunday AM works for me.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #35
fastkevman

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
Sunday AM works for me.
x2
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #36
jaws8you

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Cruise

I just got my camaro about 2 weeks ago. This is also my first post.

Let me know if you guys pick a date.
jaws8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #37
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Sorry to take a while to post back, works been nuts...River road on PA site just north of New Hope is closed due to bridge construction over Delaware Canal. Unfortunately, this is a pretty common theme in central and upper Bucks county, small, older bridges closed everywhere.

Depending on the time of the cruise, on either a Saturday or Sunday morning, rolling into New Hope isn't really a problem until probably 10AM or so (jeezus, plz don't hold me to this if I'm dead wrong later )

We could roll from south Bucks into New Hope, make a right onto 179 and cross over into Lambertville. Head north on Rte 29 in New Jersey. From there there's a couple of places to turn back into PA. Stockton, then Frenchtown and further up Milford/Upper Black Eddy.

Frenchtown is a nice little town with a couple of restaurants and coffee shops. There's a parking lot right next to the river where we could make it a final stop for coffee etc. if people wanted to. I'm hoping again on a Sat/Sun morning, the lot wouldn't be full b/c then like every other small town, parking can be a PITA.

There's a couple easy ways back from there. Return via same route in NJ, cutover to PA and follow River rd south (rte 32) or head up out of river valley to PA route 611. I can easily get everyone to 611.

Sat or Sun July 23 or 24 both work for me.
Good call on the construction...I didn't realize they closed parts of River Road above New Hope...maybe it would be easier to go up the Jersey side and cross over at Stockton?

Quote:
Sunday is supposed to be a bit cooler than Saturday.

Sunday AM works for me.
Looks like I have to work this weekend, but I might be able to break away for a couple hours if this Sunday works for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws8you View Post
I just got my camaro about 2 weeks ago. This is also my first post.

Let me know if you guys pick a date.
Welcome to Camaro5!!

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #38
SilverICEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Looks like I have to work this weekend, but I might be able to break away for a couple hours if this Sunday works for everyone else.

If thats the case, how about Sunday then everyone? Bob, would you like to take the lead since you saved us from construction?? THANK YOU THANK YOU

What time do you think? Who is coming the furthest? Don't want you to have to get up at the crack of dawn to make it to the meeting point. How about we meet in the Washington Crossing Park Visitor's center parking lot on the PA side? Or do we want somewhere a little further south on river road to enjoy more of the drive?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #39
Lightrider

OK. So let's try this (and boy this gives an idea how hard it is for the people that regularly set these up!)

Date: Sunday 24-July
Time: 9:30 AM (I'm an early riser, can go whenever)
Meet Location: Open to suggestions (Wash. Crossing Park Visitors Center seems good)

It would be great to get as many cruisers as possible so post if you can/can not make this. I think SEPA5 is scheduled next weekend then and we don't want to create a conflict moving it then so we'd go in August.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #40
SilverICEK

Sounds good to me!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #41
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
I should be able to make it...
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #42
Lightrider

Date: Sunday 24-July
Time: 9:30 AM

In:
Lightrider
SilverICEK

I saw a few others that looked like they were good to go but don't want to add to list until confirmed. Everyone can cut/paste and add their name the above list in the post and but tonight we should have a good count.

If its too short notice and can't get a decent sized group, we can try for a later weekend.

I'll be leaving from Plumsteadville/Doylestown area if anyone wants to meet up to roll south together.