Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Stray cat likes to sleep on my car....

So, I park my car under a carport and this dayum cat comes around about once per week and jumps on my trunk and walks up the back glass and sleeps on my sun roof and walks down my windshield. I have set a live trap with cat food, and have caught a possum or two. I put a small rubber snake behind my car and sprayed a critter deterrent spray around but he still finds my Camaro irresistible as a place to lay his head once and a while.

Any suggestions? Maybe a bigger rubber snake? I might be willing to chain a Pit Bull to my car to stop this a hole..

He doesn't have a regular schedule so it's hard to figure out when he will be back again.

Maybe fresh cat food every night might be my only chance.

I like all critters , but he has to go.
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
A .22 rifle and patience will take care of him for good, but is not exactly "animal friendly".
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
That's a bit harsh lol... try a bb gun or a pellet gun or a slingshot first!!

NOTE: Don't Hit The Car!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #4
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
I have the same problem. Mine is not a stray cat, it's a house cat that the owners let roam. It stays in their garage that is left open enough for it to come and go. My wife even spoke to them, they laughed and said " we won't be sad if it comes up missing". We called animal control and all they said, we could get a trap from them but they wouldn't Police the area to get it. So I guess it's up to me. Let me know if and how you get that A-hole.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:32 AM   #5
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
The trouble with any sort of weapon is collateral damage to your car if you miss!
Our neighbours have roughly 5-6 cats, and I have a German Shepherd that patrols during the day.
I know one of the little feckers has sat on my car at night but I can't be staying up all night waiting to scare the poop out of it.
It's a real pain that needs a car friendly solution.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:49 AM   #6
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Sprinkle a cayenne pepper on the ground all around your car When the cat licks it’s paw, that will put a stop to it. It doesn’t hurt the cat but, it won’t jump on your car anymore. Lady across the street has done it before. The cat still comes around but doesn’t jump on her car anymore. That way maybe you would be PC and keep PETA off your back lol
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:16 AM   #7
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anth331 View Post
Sprinkle a cayenne pepper on the ground all around your car When the cat licks it’s paw, that will put a stop to it. It doesn’t hurt the cat but, it won’t jump on your car anymore. Lady across the street has done it before. The cat still comes around but doesn’t jump on her car anymore. That way maybe you would be PC and keep PETA off your back lol
That might just work..lol
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #8
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Cats hate more than anything to be hit by a blast of terrible smelling water.
This will blast the critter clear in to the next county.
You will also get a good car wash at the same time.
I've used water on a cat before, after the 2nd time it learned its lesson.
Buy all you want they'll make more.
A neighbor hooked up a motion sensor controlled water sprinkler to keep deer out of the garden.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:57 AM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I have had a cat on my roof for years, no problems other than dirty cat tracks even with vinyl. Yes water and catching the critter with a hose spraying water is a real motivator. Your pest is someone's pet, I have lots of pets, harm a pet and there's a special place in hell for you and someone who wishes to put you there. If the cat has no home he is unfortunate not some wild possum. Cayenne sounds like a good idea, just be glad you don't have a convertible first like I did.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #10
Abelardoo_12

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible
I had the exact same probem except mine is a convertible and the rag top would be covered in cat hair. I dont know how often he would get on my car but I only drive the car on the weekends so by the time the weekend came around I would have to get a lint roller and go through every inch of the top to remove all the hair, I would easily use atleast 15 sheets of the lint roller. Solved my problem by buying a used cover from another member on here.
Abelardoo_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #11
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Wait for him and chase him away. The water blast sounds like a good idea. I would not use food, because it could attract more cats (and other crawling, sh*tting critters). Catch him in the act and scare him, and that should do it.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 AM   #12
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Please note that when you scare a cat their instinct is to extend their claws when they run away. Sharp claws is not good for a cars paint job.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #13
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
People are always bragging about how Camaros are magnets for this particular item. Now you're bitchin' about it?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:03 AM   #14
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
People are always bragging about how Camaros are magnets for this particular item. Now you're bitchin' about it?
I don't think you are talking about the same, um... thing.

Cats hate tin foil, if you can put it down somewhere they would have to walk on it, they will avoid it.

Water is also a good motivator. But to those who said a .22 or bb gun is the right tool... they should think about seeing their own pets injured or dead. Do unto others...