Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-12-2022, 02:45 PM   #1
mgb

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS - 2012 ZL1
Front end Noise

2010 SS Camaro. I have had a "bump or thud" noise in right front of car the last couple times I've had it out. It has Eibach adjustable coilovers with adjustable dampners (which I know nothing about). It sounds like it could be in the shocks, you can't feel it, but definitely hear it. I don't believe it's in the brakes as the brakes have no effect on the noise. It not constant, but often. Speed is not a factor, does it slow or up to speed, backwards or forwards. Today after driving 15-20 miles the "Maintenance Tire Monitoring System" message with warning light came on. Any suggestions?
mgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #2
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
No comment on the tire light.
Lift the car to install Eibach's?
If so, you might want to retighten those big bolts that connect the front sub frame to the unibody. No bushing, just metal to metal contact and just a tiny bit of play can give a noise like you describe. A lift can make that play sound off.
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:04 AM   #3
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The front swaybar connector links fail quiet often and can cause a thud/knock. It showed up more on mine when turning a corner than when just going straight though.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote