Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #29
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I used to cringe at the idea of an automatic car wash. Now I use them all the time.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #30
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
decided to drive my car all last weekend including friday to the office. My wife thinks i am a nut for my "RULES"... cant figure out why or is it just a guy thing?

no food or drinks in the car

I don't eat in the car, makes her feel guilty and keeps it to a minimum.

no sandal skid marks on the bottom of the door panel or door sill panel

Don't approve of flip flops, she wears them anyways.

no to go food unless we are driving straight home

Straight to the trunk, no seafood!

no jeans with the rhinestone studs on the butt...ok, i will bring a clean towel to sit on

Different region. Pretty much only see those on urban kids here.

no heavy lotion

I have eczema.

before we leave on the border (any restaurant) go wash your hands

Different region.

dont slam the door shut, close it by pushing it shut on the door handle only, especially not the glass window

I still do this, not going to learn till I have to replace the glass.

dont put anything on the dash...it will just fall or scratch it

Ipass only. Annoys the hell out of me. Rattling drives me nuts, but traveling is so much beasier with it.

no putting on make up or spray perfume in the car

Don't care for make-up and my wife loves me for it. Wont let her near me with perfume, allergies.

dont think i am being too picky....what do you guys with spouses or girls with camaros think? what are your quirks?
Like the other guy said, she's more important. In the end she can and will do what she wants. I have a zero tolerance for gum chewing and perfume and she respects my quirks. I really don't let anyone else in the Camaro.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #31
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
decided to drive my car all last weekend including friday to the office. My wife thinks i am a nut for my "RULES"... cant figure out why or is it just a guy thing?

no food or drinks in the car
no sandal skid marks on the bottom of the door panel or door sill panel
no to go food unless we are driving straight home
no jeans with the rhinestone studs on the butt...ok, i will bring a clean towel to sit on
no heavy lotion
before we leave on the border (any restaurant) go wash your hands
dont slam the door shut, close it by pushing it shut on the door handle only, especially not the glass window
dont put anything on the dash...it will just fall or scratch it
no putting on make up or spray perfume in the car

dont think i am being too picky....what do you guys with spouses or girls with camaros think? what are your quirks?
I have the same rules, but only because my wife treats cars like crap. If she was at all considerate and respected my car, I would not have to impose the rules.

And yes she thinks I'm crazy! And maybe I am
Old 08-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I used to cringe at the idea of an automatic car wash. Now I use them all the time.
I use them on my DD's but the camaro wont unless it becomes a DD.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #33
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
we have those same rules (it's her dream car too, so she's down with it)

Sandle / shoe marks on the door is kinda tough..I do that accidentally too..

take out food goes in the trunk, not the interior..none of that nasty stank in our car.. still has that new car smell!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #34
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post

Went one before the car was a week old. A screw or something on the guide bar scratched the rim. I only use the spray guns at the coin wash now.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #35
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

There is the new poll thread...auto car wash or not
Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #36
A Town

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
rules are good. Have you been into a woman's car? its a mess all the time make up everywhere, fast food all over the floor, clothes, broken stuff everywhere. So rules are needed. If i spend 30 plus on a toy for ME you are going to follow every single rule. I love my camaro when you say its just a car why do you own a camaro if you have it for its just a car purpose. Rule number one never let anyone drive your car they will treat it like nothing. If you dont respect your stuff nobody will.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #37
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
People not wanting the smell of fast food in their car but are willing to put the food into their body....reminds me of slowly killing myself with cigarettes but refusing to smoke in the car. Yep, for some reason I value my 25K (if I'm lucky) camaro interior more than my infinitely valuable lungs. Just when I thought I had gotten old enough to get my priorities straight.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #38
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Wow, I didn't realize it was such a problem.

I love my Camaro, it does not matter that it's not a 'Bugatti'. I would treat it no better. When I go to a friend's house I treat it as my own whether it's 1 million or $200,000.

I am a freak about keeping it cleaned, waxed and maintained. I do all I can within reason to not get it dinged and such.

When it comes to my wife and kids, they know how I love the car and respect it. If something were to happen it would be accidental and well it would be fixed.

We both have basic rules about how to treat the car and that's it.

Wife and kids more important than my own life, so I guess that says how I feel relative to the car.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #39
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
There is the new poll thread...auto car wash or not
Assuming you wash weekly....

Never take you car to any wash again - never even use a hose....not a scam - the garry dean rinseless method - I have been using it for two years....car is like glass and takes 10 min...

from our member here "Ihaveacamaro" - his you tube using ONR...

http://youtu.be/Fr7JoC8ANog
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #40
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
No rules for my wife = no problems with my interior

Sent from my 2SS/RS
where did u get your door sills from?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #41
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I love my Camaro, it does not matter that it's not a 'Bugatti'. I would treat it no better. When I go to a friend's house I treat it as my own whether it's 1 million or $200,000.

I am a freak about keeping it cleaned, waxed and maintained. I do all I can within reason to not get it dinged and such.

When it comes to my wife and kids, they know how I love the car and respect it. If something were to happen it would be accidental and well it would be fixed.

We both have basic rules about how to treat the car and that's it.

Wife and kids more important than my own life, so I guess that says how I feel relative to the car.

Jim

In the big scheme of things at the end of the day it is just a car. My family....doggies and friends come first. I do love this car tho LOL.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #42
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
I may not have these rules for my wife and my car, but she knows I love mine and treats it like I do. If she treated my car like she does her Cherokee, then you're damn straight there would be a few rules. I will say, I'm a little surprised at all the "it's just a car" responses. It's not "just a car" to most people here, and that's a strange sentiment coming from folks that have 6K+ posts on a forum dedicated to it.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote