Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
carID taking forever to ship order

Anyone had a long delay in processing/shipping from carID? I order a dash kit on 3/5/10 and it's still not out for delivery. 11 days seem excessive to me for just processing.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamaro View Post
Anyone had a long delay in processing/shipping from carID? I order a dash kit on 3/5/10 and it's still not out for delivery. 11 days seem excessive to me for just processing.
I Ordered a Kit for my SKY. It is not just processing time. Each Kit is cut after ordering. Takes about 3 weeks.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Yikes, I had no idea! I figured they had everything in stock and pre-cut! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
Which dash kit did you order? I was thinking about ordering the orange fiber kit awhile back but they didn't have any pics of it installed.
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 View Post
Which dash kit did you order? I was thinking about ordering the orange fiber kit awhile back but they didn't have any pics of it installed.
That's the one I ordered! I saw a car done with it at one of the meetups here in DFW and it was GREAT! It comes with too many pieces IMHO, so I won't be using them all. If you do all of them, it could be a little too much orange!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I was thinking about their stuff also. Are they just peel-n-stick applications? How does the finish look after they're on? Bulky?

thanks
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
The only thing I've ordered from carid.com was a Lloyd's trunk mat. I got it in a week.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

I have the Red/ Black Carbon Fiber kit in my SKY. It is real Carbon Fiber, with 3M adhesive on back and a resin coating over it. It is REALLY hard to photograph and looks more subtle in person. I though of doing the same kit on the Camaro as well.

Here are the pics of the SKY.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
Its also better that there kits are built to order, because would you want a kit that has been on a shelf for months to years gathering dust, or a new kit made just the way you order looking brand new and ready to install.

And great pics XMicro!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #10
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Just got notice that it has shipped and will be here tomorrow, so it took 2 weeks, not 3. Works for me!

The kit looks great installed...not bulky or cheesy or anything!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I just ordered from them yesterday, so we'll see - the basic kit, in black
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #12
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamaro View Post
Just got notice that it has shipped and will be here tomorrow, so it took 2 weeks, not 3. Works for me!

The kit looks great installed...not bulky or cheesy or anything!
I ordered mine for the SKY when it first came out, I looked it up and it took 17 days. S0 you are about right!

Post pics once your done.......take your time with the install, once the adhesive touches, if you pull it off, it never sticks right after that!

Test fit all the pieces first, I had to trim a couple o my liking, and make sure you use the promoter they give you after you clean the surface.