Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Try $350-$450 for the install

Halos/HID's kinda pricey .... you don't want nothing with cheap quality though
But those aren't dual beam like the Camaro's
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Try $350-$450 for the install

Halos/HID's kinda pricey .... you don't want nothing with cheap quality though

Here is the most recent pic of my Halo's I got from AAC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
But those aren't dual beam like the Camaro's
^
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #17
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
RS Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD123 View Post
Would it be more cost efficient to get the RS package with it instead?
I researched the cost of doing all of the RS pkg as aftermarket. I found it difficult to do better for cost and quality of the RS option, don't forget the time and labour you expend. Gst the RS option!
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #18
terndude

Drives: '88FieroGT'04ColoradoZ71'10CamaroLS
Swap-out with factory part?

If the RS halo lights use the same wiring as the standard, can't you just buy a set from Chevy Parts and swap them out? I'm curious cause I'm thinking of going with a barebones LS and getting replacement headlights too...
terndude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #19
MAROobsession

Drives: 05 Honda Accord V6
yea the only part i want from the RS package would be the Halo's, preferably from the factory
Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Those $300 aftermarket HIDs aren't DOT approved and are illegal in the US. The DOT approved/legal HIDs are close to $1000 plus installation.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #21
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
This ? has been gone over and over with the same results. I for one would like to just have certain things from this RS package HOWEVER, at the end of the day, the price to have the things I want PLUS some things I didn't care about would be about the same. And to make the deal just that much sweeter, I would have a lot more. Like the following:

1) Factory installed.

2) Factory warranty.

3) Ability to drive my Camaro in and get my halos/headlights serviced the same day w/o having to confer/argue with the maker of my halo's.

4) If repairs are needed, I wouldn't have to take the last resort after losing the argument with my halo maker...and actually have to make repairs myself.

5) Full satisfaction knowing that my halo/headlights were installed properly.

6) Full satisfaction knowing that my halo/headlights WILL WORK PROPERLY.

7) And with addition of my money paid for the RS package, more resale value b/c..................and here's the kicker.........................I have the RS package.

As most that have traded in vehicles before, I know that adding aftermarket this or that doesn't net you much difference at all when you trade it in. Meaning you spent all that money trying to make your ride cooler, but in the end you might as well strip those items off the car b/c it won't mean a thing when you trade. And then you are left with those high priced items that NO ONE will pay what their worth b/c by the time you get around to trading in your car, those items can be bought BRAND NEW for what you are asking for your USED aftermarket parts.

So all in a nut shell, play it safe and sound and.........................GET THE RS!

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #22
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeermanSS View Post
those supposed HID kits are a joke and they aren't safe. They glare and blind other drivers.
Very true. I used to hate HIDs because I thought they were by nature too bright and dangerous to oncoming drivers. Then I realized it was only the crappy aftermarket ones that created problems, or drivers who don't know how to adjust their headlight aim, especially after ride height adjustments. I find factory kits to be just as easy on the eyes, if not better. Go for the RS package, or pay a similar amount for a high quality set and professional installation.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #23
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
When will GM Parts have pricing for Camaro parts? That would end all the speculation.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
This ? has been gone over and over with the same results. I for one would like to just have certain things from this RS package HOWEVER, at the end of the day, the price to have the things I want PLUS some things I didn't care about would be about the same. And to make the deal just that much sweeter, I would have a lot more. Like the following:

1) Factory installed.

2) Factory warranty.

3) Ability to drive my Camaro in and get my halos/headlights serviced the same day w/o having to confer/argue with the maker of my halo's.

4) If repairs are needed, I wouldn't have to take the last resort after losing the argument with my halo maker...and actually have to make repairs myself.

5) Full satisfaction knowing that my halo/headlights were installed properly.

6) Full satisfaction knowing that my halo/headlights WILL WORK PROPERLY.

7) And with addition of my money paid for the RS package, more resale value b/c..................and here's the kicker.........................I have the RS package.

As most that have traded in vehicles before, I know that adding aftermarket this or that doesn't net you much difference at all when you trade it in. Meaning you spent all that money trying to make your ride cooler, but in the end you might as well strip those items off the car b/c it won't mean a thing when you trade. And then you are left with those high priced items that NO ONE will pay what their worth b/c by the time you get around to trading in your car, those items can be bought BRAND NEW for what you are asking for your USED aftermarket parts.

So all in a nut shell, play it safe and sound and.........................GET THE RS!
well said
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #25
jacob678

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro IOM 2SS
I ordered the two front headlight assemblies and the rear light assemblies as I have a 2ss without RS package. It's going to be 1,400 when its all said and done. The RS package gives you different rims too.
jacob678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #26
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
you should just get the rs packe bro

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #27
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Like I said many times just get the RS package so you don't regret it later down the road
Old 05-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #28
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I talked to the dealer, and they stated they would not be doing HID/Halo installs to replace standard lights at this time. It might be done down the road, but right now they do not have it worked into pricing.

I understand the want to save a few bucks, but this conversation has been had many times. It is much better to get the RS package and have it done right with warranty. Anything else is running the risk of drawn out repairs or unexpected cost.

Who wants that?
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote