Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
Thanks Brandon. Ill keep you updated.
Update!!
I took my car to the local dealer first thing this morning. It was indeed leaking coolant from a fitting on the drivers side of the block. My service advisor told me the part to fix it would be there around 1pm and it would be fixed today. I told him id be back up there around 4:30 to pick her up. He sayed it should be done by then. So it looks like this was the same issue as the others. So,Z owners,if you smell a faint smell of coolant and find a tiny leak(the size of a small coin)under your car,you may have the same issue. The good news is that it doesnt seem like its that big of a deal to repair.Thanks.
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #16
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Quote:
Update!!
I took my car to the local dealer first thing this morning. It was indeed leaking coolant from a fitting on the drivers side of the block. My service advisor told me the part to fix it would be there around 1pm and it would be fixed today. I told him id be back up there around 4:30 to pick her up. He sayed it should be done by then. So it looks like this was the same issue as the others. So,Z owners,if you smell a faint smell of coolant and find a tiny leak(the size of a small coin)under your car,you may have the same issue. The good news is that it doesnt seem like its that big of a deal to repair.Thanks.
Update to the update!!! Got my baby back!! I talked to the man who did the work on it. How long your car will stay at the dealer REALLY depends on if they have that one tap. He said there are actually 2 different tools to work on this problem. If the fitting was just crossthreaded and didnt cause any damage(like mine was),then they use one tool to clean it up good and recheck it. If after they clean it all up and your threads are destroyed,then they have to use the second tap. He said he was going to go ahead and get one on order so they would have it in case another camaro came in with this problem and he needed to do the second step as well. Anyway,thought this might help somebody.Thanks
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
mine leaked at the intercooler hose that goes into the engine. It was a gasket in the plastic "L" part from the hose to the engine. They replaced it in 5 minutes at the dealer but they had to order the part.
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Why did my power steering fail the 2nd day I had my car? lol
This is something that we are unable to provide as this is something we rely on our dealerships to handle due to the technical assistance that is involved.

Have you had a chance to get it to a dealership?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Update to the update!!! Got my baby back!! I talked to the man who did the work on it. How long your car will stay at the dealer REALLY depends on if they have that one tap. He said there are actually 2 different tools to work on this problem. If the fitting was just crossthreaded and didnt cause any damage(like mine was),then they use one tool to clean it up good and recheck it. If after they clean it all up and your threads are destroyed,then they have to use the second tap. He said he was going to go ahead and get one on order so they would have it in case another camaro came in with this problem and he needed to do the second step as well. Anyway,thought this might help somebody.Thanks
That is unbelievable that the plant keeps cross threading that same coolant fitting to the block.

The '10 SS that I use to have built in mid 2009 had that exact same problem. Two years ago when the dealer fixed it, the service writer said - oh yeah, we've seen a ton of those leak at that cross threaded fitting.

Has the same person been working that station for 3 years... still not knowing how to start threads straight?
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #20
Latibb

Drives: 2ss
2ss coolant leak

Brought my car up today to have a coolant leak fixed. Same problem I've seen here by others. Dealer told me they couldn't fix it and are putting in a new engine. I'm wondering if they messed up while trying to tap it or if chevy really told them to just replace the engine. What do yall think?
Latibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latibb View Post
Brought my car up today to have a coolant leak fixed. Same problem I've seen here by others. Dealer told me they couldn't fix it and are putting in a new engine. I'm wondering if they messed up while trying to tap it or if chevy really told them to just replace the engine. What do yall think?
Latibb,

My apologies regarding your coolant leak. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #22
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latibb View Post
You're getting a new engine??
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote