Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #15
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
I am damn proud to cruise around with my 6 & 7 year olds in the car. They LOVE it and I really enjoy the giggles and exclamations when they feel the car push them back into their seats.

my 6yo wishes I would have gotten the yellow/black combo instead of the orange/black combo because thats what color bumblebee is

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikilynn02 View Post
I want to know if anyone else has got the nerve to drive around with babies in their Camaros. I just got my 2011 LS the other day and am going to have my 2.5 year old and my 4 month old in it with me. I got tired of mommy cars! I miss my sports cars! So this is my new toy, anyone else have the same feelings?
Oh yes!!!! I've never owned a minivan and never will. I've had a 3rd and 4th gen Camaro (V6s), Firebird (V6) MonteCarlo SS, a MonteCarlo SS Supercharged, and a Dodge Charger R/T which I traded in on my Camaro. My car is a kid hauler and grocery getter. My daughters are 9 and 7 and fit nicely in the back.

Just because you're a mom doesn't mean you are relegated to driving SUVs and Minivans. Drive what you want and make it work for you. To hell with what everyone else thinks.

I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I drop off my daughter for her extended school class. I'll be the only mom there with a badass sounding beast in the parking lot. Their minivans and SUVS will shake with fear when I pull in..... Then I'll get the sour looks from the other parents but I don't care. They can kiss my

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post

I would never let young children in my car but I don't have kids and "Cherry" is kinda my surrogate so I treat her like the princess she is... LOL

I couldn't see driving around kids with food and stuff getting all over....but...that's just me. I'm only slightly kid-friendly LOL.
It's not so bad. I don't allow food in the car and I have the back seat protected. Kids are little dirt demons for sure!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #18
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdown View Post
I am damn proud to cruise around with my 6 & 7 year olds in the car. They LOVE it and I really enjoy the giggles and exclamations when they feel the car push them back into their seats.

my 6yo wishes I would have gotten the yellow/black combo instead of the orange/black combo because thats what color bumblebee is
Me too. Mine love to go cruising and to cruise-ins. We are passing our love for cars off to them.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #19
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Not a mom but my 10 month old rides in style every day :-)
Old 07-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #20
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Drives: 17 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Candie
After I had my son as soon as he could climb in the backseat into his car seat by himself I got rid of the "Mom" car and bought my 2001 Camaro and I have had a Camaro ever since. Enjoy your Camaro!
CMRA Novice #904
Team Chasing Danger #91

"Go FAHST or go Home"
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #21
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
My kids are older now (14 and 18) and I was happy about the timing of the new Camaro. I had a small SUV before the Camaro and it was much easier lugging kids around, along with all the sport equipment, etc. We have a Tahoe for the lugging jobs. The Camaro is definitely not a family car. My son complains he has no room in the back seat.

I don't know what I would have done if my kids were small. I gave up my 85 Camaro when my daughter was about 18 months, because it became a hassle to get her in and out of the back seat, nevermind having to tote strollers and stuff around. I love the Camaro, but I like to be comfortable while toting kids around, too.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
hey if i had a vette and two kids i would put there car seats on the back and drive around .hey drive what you like. now you are the retro mom
Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #23
KATCMRO

Drives: 2010 2LT CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
It's not so bad. I don't allow food in the car and I have the back seat protected. Kids are little dirt demons for sure!
We have always had a no food rule in the car, so I have never had any issues. That and my husband keeps are vehicles clean inside and out.

My 10 year-old son is really looking forward to me dropping him off at school this year...not sure why, he can't even see over the dashboard who's going to see him?? LOL!
KATCMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #24
Styffydawg
SSinister

Drives: Ram SS/T + Murdered Out 2SS/RS
Quote:
I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I drop off my daughter for her extended school class. I'll be the only mom there with a badass sounding beast in the parking lot. Their minivans and SUVS will shake with fear when I pull in..... Then I'll get the sour looks from the other parents but I don't care. They can kiss my
I love this post haha!

SSinister
Styffydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #25
nikilynn02
Nikilynn

Drives: 2011 LS manual
Quote:
Oh yes!!!! I've never owned a minivan and never will. I've had a 3rd and 4th gen Camaro (V6s), Firebird (V6) MonteCarlo SS, a MonteCarlo SS Supercharged, and a Dodge Charger R/T which I traded in on my Camaro. My car is a kid hauler and grocery getter. My daughters are 9 and 7 and fit nicely in the back.

Just because you're a mom doesn't mean you are relegated to driving SUVs and Minivans. Drive what you want and make it work for you. To hell with what everyone else thinks.

HA! I am totally behind you! I get such a high for the looks I get, I guess it just runs in my blood! I love my Camaro and for now to be honest, its much easier bending down and swinging them into this car then hoisting them up in the truck- back killer for me! And yes no snacks in mommies new car! I also am currently taking my toddlers shoes off as well Until we can find a quality cover for the back. Driving the manual has been a little intimidating to me but I really like it, the auto just didn't do it for me. Hence even more awesome looks. I agree, don't care what people think its MY CAR! I am damn proud of it, now I can go as fast or slow as I want cause I know I'm awesome. HeHe
nikilynn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #26
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
I wouldn;t have minded in my old car for sure - that poor thing was a disaster...but this one....oooo...I hate seeing dust in my car (and I am far from a neat freak)....
ok...well...where the Camaro is considered - I AM a neat freak I guess LOL
Old 07-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #27
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
moms who shun "sensible cars".
Heavenly
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #28
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikilynn02 View Post
I want to know if anyone else has got the nerve to drive around with babies in their Camaros. I just got my 2011 LS the other day and am going to have my 2.5 year old and my 4 month old in it with me. I got tired of mommy cars! I miss my sports cars! So this is my new toy, anyone else have the same feelings?
Quote:

I bought my '99 Firebird (V6) when my daughter was three. What's funny is I researched safety before I bought it, and the Firebird had better ratings than any of the minivans or SUVs on the market at the time! (I was prepared for the nay-sayers ). Now that my daughter's in high school, she gets looks and sometimes approached by boys after getting out of the Camaro! And next year she'll be the one driving the Firebird.

Tags
baby, children, kids, mom, mommy