Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
chathen613

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Cracked Fascia- fixable?

So driving down the freeway and had some tread spit out at me by an 18 wheeler. I ended up going over it with the passenger side wheels. The right side of the rear fascia and diffuser were both popped out a bit, but I was able to push them back into place so it's not noticeable at all, though probably still need to replace some screws or something. The real problem was the front fascia, just at the corner of the wheel well. A little piece cracked and came off, right where the plastic air valance bolts to the fascia, so that now it is hanging off the car on that side. By looking at the pics comparing the two sides, when I hold it back in place, it appears that a part actually totally broke off in between the bolt and edge of wheel well. My question is, does anybody have any ideas on an easy fix for this? I was considering epoxy, but unsure how well it would do in this scenario. Or should I just completely remove the valance and leave it be? (Sorry about how large the photos are; I am inserting them directly off my phone.)

Here is the driver's side wheel well, to see what it should look like.Name:  IMG_0383.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  53.0 KB

Here is what the passenger's side wheel well looks like with the piece hanging off.Name:  IMG_0386.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  57.9 KB

Here is what it looks like when i hold the broken part back in place. Name:  IMG_0388.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  67.8 KB

My ride: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242142
chathen613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
chathen613

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Bump..anyone have a suggestion?

My ride: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242142
chathen613 is offline   Reply With Quote