Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #43
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
im not in a small town. im in houston. well not my city. but the dealers i have contacted are in downtown houston. and which btw i have realized is a really bad place to buy cars. everything is on mark up.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #44
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
well i think it still stands up as a statement, i was retarded and didnt look at your location though
Old 09-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #45
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
small town dealers sell small volumes and in my experiance forget about the internet and telephone and that people are willing to drive long distances to buy cars so they want to stick it to people in the price
thats completely opposite for me, i live in a sorta-big town(edmond,ok) and all the dealers there are marking up. i am buying mine from the only chevy dealer in Alva,Ok-which is a very small town-for msrp
Old 09-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #46
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
AHHH!!!!! I'M NOT READY!!!!!

I mean; I'm really excited to know what the pricing will BE, and I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be able to buy until next summer/ fall at the earliest anyway.

But at the same time... so much hinges on pricing; it's almost like a love/hate excitement sort of thing because I think there will be a lot of dreams made or broken on this site by what GM decides to price it at.

It will also be a relief to just finally KNOW and stop all this endless speculation though! Thanks a million again Scotty for keeping us all in the loop
That's basically how it's going to be for me. My lease doesn't end until July of 09. So I'm doing my best to get some extra $ saved up. I'm also going to see what the difference in cost will be between a base SS, and a pretty loaded LT/RS. So I know how you are feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
2-8 weeks from placing the order....it will arrive.

Let's watch the market & demand.....maybe by next summer we'll see a lot of prices near invoice. BUT NO ADDITIONAL DEALER MARK-UP!!!!!!
Hey Scotty I have a question for you. My lease expires on July 3rd, 2009. How early should a I place an order for the Camaro? Like April or May?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #47
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
You will love this every one.

Info from indy people. This can from Scotts mouth.

Had a great day in INDY. I don't recall if Scotty said the first day to take orders was 10/15 or 10/13...but,

according to the GM presentation the first day will be 10/13.

-They said that on that date the Dealers will know their allocations for the first three months. But, price May or May NOT be available on that date.

-HUD will be available in June 2010 SOP (2011 MY)
-molded rear fender splash guards will be avail
-High wing spoiler (5 colors) and ground effects avail
-Hood and Hockey stripe (3 colors)
-Rally Stripe (5 colors) (according to Scott...all stripes will be vinyl (not painted))
-engine covers for V6 and V8 in five colors
-performance parts: air intake, catback exhaust, shorty headers, and Hurst short throw shifter
-GM performance parts for LS based engines: Crate engines, Blocks, Heads, valve covers, camshafts, intake manifolds, head gaskets
-exterior accessories: spoiler, rear diffuser, fuel door, high spoiler, car cover with Rally Stripes
-interior accessories: Carbon Trim Kit, Body Colored Lighted Trim Kit (Yellow, Red, Orange), Floormats, subwoofer
-wheel/performance parts: chrome 21" wheel, painted 21" wheel, catback exhaust, airbox
Old 09-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #48
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
ucla, try going to Baytown or down to T City where they sell to the working man, not the yuppies in dowtown. Only problem I see there is their current status after Ike.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #49
ucla1ove3

alright thanks, CWI i will try texas city. its only about forty minutes from my house... i think lol. thats what someone said. im new here so im still learning.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #50
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
Info from indy people. This can from Scotts mouth.

Had a great day in INDY. I don't recall if Scotty said the first day to take orders was 10/15 or 10/13...but,

according to the GM presentation the first day will be 10/13.

-They said that on that date the Dealers will know their allocations for the first three months. But, price May or May NOT be available on that date.

-HUD will be available in June 2010 SOP (2011 MY)
-molded rear fender splash guards will be avail
-High wing spoiler (5 colors) and ground effects avail
-Hood and Hockey stripe (3 colors)
-Rally Stripe (5 colors) (according to Scott...all stripes will be vinyl (not painted))
-engine covers for V6 and V8 in five colors
-performance parts: air intake, catback exhaust, shorty headers, and Hurst short throw shifter
-GM performance parts for LS based engines: Crate engines, Blocks, Heads, valve covers, camshafts, intake manifolds, head gaskets
-exterior accessories: spoiler, rear diffuser, fuel door, high spoiler, car cover with Rally Stripes
-interior accessories: Carbon Trim Kit, Body Colored Lighted Trim Kit (Yellow, Red, Orange), Floormats, subwoofer
-wheel/performance parts: chrome 21" wheel, painted 21" wheel, catback exhaust, airbox
I will definitely be contacting my dealer. I just hate that it makes me feel like they will assume I'm desperate when I contact them ahead of time and stuff.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #51
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
talking about them is one thing, selling them is another....

At least this time he didn't mention a $5k mark up like his first thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4983

That was NOT sharin' the CAMARO LOVE!!!!
What's your problem Scott? I stated that we will sell V6 and SS's at MSRP. No different than you. What is your allotment going to be Scott? I didn't see your dealership anywhere on the radar last month. We finished #3 in the nation. Are you making sure to tell everyone who orders from you that they might have to wait 6 months to a year before you can fill their order if your allotment is going to be as small as I would guess?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #52
ucla1ove3

oh no you didn't KARL. you did not just hate on SCOTTY. he's the man. whereas you, not so much. rawrrrrr.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #53
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
We received our 1st ZR1 on Thursday as well. How many will your dealership getting Scott?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #54
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey Scotty, wish you lived here in Toronto, i had one question, if i ordered the car in October, is there any way that i can pick up my car around the first week of April and not mid- late march, my parents said that i can only get the car in April since my 18th birthday is on the 12th and because they cant afford to make the payment any time before April. Because it clashes with my brothers Mustang payments (I will show him why Camaros are better, i love mustangs too though, but Camaros are just Better lol)
Old 09-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #55
ucla1ove3

question TJ91. how are you supposed to make insurance payments on the car if it's not even available up north for a little while later? just wondering
Old 09-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #56
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
We received our 1st ZR1 on Thursday as well. How many will your dealership getting Scott?
wow you are real "professional" aren't you?

Closed Thread