Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #1
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Help with GoPro ZL1 racing footage upload!

Can anyone please help me with uploading my GoPro ZL1 racing footage?

I have a GoPro Hero 3+ and I am recording in 720p at 42fps.

I have hours of videos but most are short 50-120 second clips.

I used the GoPro Studio editor from the GoPro site to download the clips from the camera and cut them and save them on my PC.

Unfortunately they saved as .avi and the codec is unique to the cineform program (GoPro studio) and this is not compatible with Youtube.

The uploads to Youtube take hours and always fail and the .avi files are massive!

Question 1: How do I convert the existing clips I have from .avi to something youtube supports so I can get them uploaded? What program and settings should I use?

Question 2: How should I be recording the videos and downloading them from the GoPro camera? What program and settings should I use to make this process faster and remove the headaches?

My PC is a new HP with a 5th gen I7 quad core, 16gb ram and 1TB of hybrid hard drive and a GForce 4gb graphics card. The computer and Internet are fast enough, I am just not smart enough to figure it out and I am frustrated!

Please help! Thank you! I have many ZL1 videos I would like to share but can't...
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Windows Movie Maker works well for GoPro files and it's part of Window software so no need to go buy something.

Then you can easily clip out the boring parts and save it as Hi Def .MOV file.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
depending on your OS, easiest way is just go to Start > My Computer > (find your gopro) > (find your videos) and drag them to the desktop. Best free video software is Windows Movie Maker, best paid IMO is PowerLink CyberDirector 12. Amazing program. I record in 1080p 30FPS, and make some nice videos. I am going to start uploading them to Youtube to share with you guys!

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Windows Movie Maker works well for GoPro files and it's part of Window software so no need to go buy something.

Then you can easily clip out the boring parts and save it as Hi Def .MOV file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
depending on your OS, easiest way is just go to Start > My Computer > (find your gopro) > (find your videos) and drag them to the desktop. Best free video software is Windows Movie Maker, best paid IMO is PowerLink CyberDirector 12. Amazing program. I record in 1080p 30FPS, and make some nice videos. I am going to start uploading them to Youtube to share with you guys!
Thank you both for the help! I got my first video to upload and process to Youtube. (Its not a ZL1 video though)

I uploaded a ZL1 vs GT500 Drag Race Video but it is taking a really long time to process on Youtube. Any ideas why?

Is .mov better for Youtube or MP4?

Edit: Finally processed after taking 30 minutes!

Many, Many more to come!!! Thank you both for your help!!!

Last edited by 2013 ZL1 #7860; 02-24-2015 at 09:41 PM.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote