Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE INTIAL DEPOSIT MONEY WHEN YOU PREORDERED

1. DOES IT GO TOWARDS THE CAR-OR IN THE DEALERSHIPS POCKET?

2. cuz if youre asked for say 10,000 down at the of pickup and you like only have 9,500---would that 500 you put down make it 10.000?
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Dealer still has it. Yes it goes towards what you owe on the car. They do not pay GM until they get invoiced.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Any money down goes towards the car. If this is not your case then get your money
back from that greedy scum of a dealer.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
It depends on the deal you have with your dealer. They could count the deposit as part of the purchase or they could count it as markup. Make sure you have made it clear with your dealer that the money you gave is part of the down payment.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
1. DOES IT GO TOWARDS THE CAR-OR IN THE DEALERSHIPS POCKET?

2. cuz if youre asked for say 10,000 down at the of pickup and you like only have 9,500---would that 500 you put down make it 10.000?
Do you have a sales order in writing? You should see it coming off the cost of the car on it?
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
It should be part of the down payment on the vehicle no doubt. If your dealer tries to pocket it as mark up, take your business elsewhere. This will definitely happen to some of you, but with some good talking skills, you should be able to get past it.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
leatherneck

no i dont have it in writing---when i ordered the dealer barely knew what a camaro was---he had no idea of pricing or if SSs were even going to be built--ive asked about three times over the last 6 months to get a prive and he says the samething each time . that he will have t get with the general manager on that -so to this day i have no idea what my car costs
Old 04-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
no i dont have it in writing---when i ordered the dealer barely knew what a camaro was---he had no idea of pricing or if SSs were even going to be built--ive asked about three times over the last 6 months to get a prive and he says the samething each time . that he will have t get with the general manager on that -so to this day i have no idea what my car costs
wow...I'd get something in writing fast....
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
What? You gave money without a receipt??
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I think I would have looked elsewhere as soon as I knew the prices were available and they still said they had no idea how much they were...
Can they not even go to chevy's own website and do a build your own? if not then most definately YOUR DEALER IS THE BIGGEST IDIOT OF THEM ALL!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #11
leatherneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
What? You gave money without a receipt??
no i got a receipt for the 500 i put down
Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Ok your good then.

Go talk to them and if not happy ask for sales mgr then if not happy bail to someone on the good list.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I think I would have looked elsewhere as soon as I knew the prices were available and they still said they had no idea how much they were...
Can they not even go to chevy's own website and do a build your own? if not then most definately YOUR DEALER IS THE BIGGEST IDIOT OF THEM ALL!!!
Skyman, leatherneck's car is being built next week. When he ordered there was no "build your own" with complete pricing, and virtually no dealer knew anything about pricing, which made no difference whatsoever. It didn't matter if the dealer knew what he was paying, as long as he knew. If we all had shied away from dealers that knew nothing about pricing, few of us would have orders in right now.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
From Bernie....

Once you have given your dealer a deposit on a 2010 Camaro those monies are are immediately routed to my savings account at ChaseManhattan Bank in NY.
At my discretion and at a time of my choosing, I will decide who I want to refund the deposits to, at what amounts and over what period of time.
I will keep track of the money via my record keeping system and notify you as soon as I get out of prison.
Yours truly,
Bernie Madoff
Attica, NY

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote