Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #43
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'll contact Pfadt and make some noise. They've GOT to be able to figure this out and fix it.
To quote my 14 year old daughter: "LOL". I have been through this route with Pfadt over front springs and over rear end links. In both cases there was a ton of email but literally nothing got resolved as far as fixing the actual product. I had the end links off and back on easily a dozen times, tightening, checking, etc. Nothing loose. Everything properly aligned. Had two different mechanics check them. Took the sway off, re-greased it, bought new sway mounts from Pfadt (thanks guys) for something like $50 because they said that could be the cause of the popping. Nope. Nothing. Sent them back to Pfadt to look at and they said the links were just fine nothing wrong with them. All my fault (except couldn't say what I was doing wrong). Just save yourself many hours of frustration and work and shipping fees and go buy end links from someone else. Who knows, maybe they will start popping too after 6-12 months but I kinda doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2s View Post
Did reach under to look and feel the links, the quick inspection, seeing nothing out of place.
My guess is that the ball joint at the top that rotates gets bound up some way, even if you have the end links perfectly aligned as per the installation guide. Dunno why. Then, every time it moves, it has a slight starting friction - pop pop pop.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #44
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
dont know if this will help I bought my pfadt ZL1 swaybars and endlinks last year and also had the pop pop when going over minor road imperfections especially driving slow. Couple of months ago I went offroad and messed up one of the endlinks so I replaced both and I havent had that noise since
Old 09-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #45
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
dont know if this will help I bought my pfadt ZL1 swaybars and endlinks last year and also had the pop pop when going over minor road imperfections especially driving slow. Couple of months ago I went offroad and messed up one of the endlinks so I replaced both and I havent had that noise since
What did you replace them with?

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #46
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Well I contacted Pfadt and they're going to send a replacement set of endlinks. They claim the problem is the way Chevy designed the lower control arm which is why Chevy redesigned it. We'll see.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #47
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
pfadt end links
Old 09-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #48
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
Got mine last year also.This April is when I heard the noise.I to have checked and tightened everything to no avail.Hotchkis has a new set with the ends encased with rubber as oem, new design. Ddunerider has some, so far o.k. but need to see over time before I get those. Seems all the mfg's of these have made or make noise.
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #49
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

[QUOTE=SSSoon;6995714]To quote my 14 year old daughter: "LOL". I have been through this route with Pfadt over front springs and over rear end links. In both cases there was a ton of email but literally nothing got resolved as far as fixing the actual product. I had the end links off and back on easily a dozen times, tightening, checking, etc. Nothing loose. Everything properly aligned. Had two different mechanics check them. Took the sway off, re-greased it, bought new sway mounts from Pfadt (thanks guys) for something like $50 because they said that could be the cause of the popping. Nope. Nothing. Sent them back to Pfadt to look at and they said the links were just fine nothing wrong with them. All my fault (except couldn't say what I was doing wrong). Just save yourself many hours of frustration and work and shipping fees and go buy end links from someone else. Who knows, maybe they will start popping too after 6-12 months but I kinda doubt it.

Freind out here had there springs and one collapsed, plain as day.They said no it didnt...lol
Old 09-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #50
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Haddad Motorsports installed my Pfadt ZL spec sways on my 2013 SS vert. For my driving, no autocross, etc., he recommended not to use the front end links as they will make noise. The upper bolt on the front end link had too much slop into the hole as compared to the factory which Mike did not like. He installed the Pfadt rear end links, which, he stated are slightly modified factory ZL1 links, and reinstalled my factory OEM front end links. No noise. Everything Mike Haddad has done on my car has been great. He knows his stuff and listens to his customers needs and wants.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #51
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Haddad Motorsports installed my Pfadt ZL spec sways on my 2013 SS vert. For my driving, no autocross, etc., he recommended not to use the front end links as they will make noise. The upper bolt on the front end link had too much slop into the hole as compared to the factory which Mike did not like. He installed the Pfadt rear end links, which, he stated are slightly modified factory ZL1 links, and reinstalled my factory OEM front end links. No noise. Everything Mike Haddad has done on my car has been great. He knows his stuff and listens to his customers needs and wants.
Well the bolt having to much slop makes sense. Wonder if there's enough room to put a small sleeve in there or something? Mine was pretty snug when I put them on. willtake a look. Hate to have to use the stockers with the Auto xing I do, they wont last long
Old 09-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #52
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Hotchkis problems solved... just saying
Old 09-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #53
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Hotchkis problems solved... just saying
Yeah but for how long? Mine were good to for 6-7 months, unless something loosened up.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #54
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yeah but for how long? Mine were good to for 6-7 months, unless something loosened up.
You had the Hotchkis end links and they got noisy after 6-7 months?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #55
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You had the Hotchkis end links and they got noisy after 6-7 months?
No, sorry. meant the new style Pfadtfront links that I got with the ZL1 spec bars
Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #56
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Well the bolt having to much slop makes sense. Wonder if there's enough room to put a small sleeve in there or something? Mine was pretty snug when I put them on. willtake a look. Hate to have to use the stockers with the Auto xing I do, they wont last long
I was wondering about a sleeve myself. Mike said he needed to talk to Pfadt about their front end links and suggest some changes. He's so busy I am not sure he got around to it. Maybe you should give him a call.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote