Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
2007 Dallas, TX State Fair and Auto Show

For the members who have been to the Dallas, TX State Fair, you know it's a pretty good time. Well, it's coming up again. They have different themes throughout the year (I guess you could say) for different car shows, etc. But, this is the one we, as f-body enthusiats, need to know about.

I was fortunate enough to meet some folks on a somewhat "local" board a little over a year ago. Some were from San Antonio, some from Austin, Dallas, Houston, etc. and all over Texas. But, the Texas F-Body Association (headed by Millie aka: cytruffle) has yet again put together another car show event (4th Anniv) coming up on October 20th.

This will be my second year attending. Last year, Scott Settlemire was their special guest at the event. He will be the special guest again this year. The concept will also be on hand for public view in the auto building. TFBA is not sure as to which concept will be on hand, but there will be one present. Last year, Scott brought out the silver concept and 7 very special f-bodies. I can't say for fact, but the 7 f-bodies will probably be there again.

The event is open to all 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens. This year, there is an emphasis on the 67-92 year model Camaros and Firebirds. The 4th Gens fill in all other spots in the car corrals since there are so many. I say this event is open to all who want to participate, but it is my understanding that all preferential treatment is given to club members. I am not a member. However, I am planning on spending $10 to join so I get the priveliges that others get as well. I highly reccomend this. Joining will guarantee you a spot.

I know there are more than a few members here from Texas. If you are interested in bringing out your Camaro or Firebird and participating as well as hanging out at the Fair and also possibly chatting with Scott Settlemire, we will have a few caravans of Camaros/Firebirds from different parts of Texas headed to the Fair. A regular hotel which members stay at is already expecting and taking reservations, a concept Camaro will be on hand, and there's plenty more...trophies, prizes, etc. for the car show.

We had an absolute blast last year. I met lots of good people...enthusiats just like me who couldn't get enough of talking cars and car stories. So if the wife or husband is sick and tired of hearing you bring up the 5th Gen and you need someone else to talk to, you want to show off your ride, and would like a little vacation, join on up! The late night hotel parking lot get togethers are a blast as well!!!

Here's the link to the TFBA and all the particulars about the event. It's guaranteed to be a blast.

http://forums.texas-fbody.com/showthread.php?t=1942
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Here's a few pix from last year that gets my blood pumping for this year!
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
man! I love dem 2nd gen camaros, imho, their the best looking ones apart from the 5th gen!
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
They had the 5th gen there? :eek: (guarded, of course)
Old 08-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

It's a major auto show...hundreds of cars/trucks from all makes. In order to attract even more people, special shows are held. I could not walk away from that concept!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham

Niether can I and I'm not even near it, that photo is one of a very few that gets close to the "in person" perception:eek:. Did you take it? Nice one, if you did.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^Heck yeah! Wanna see some more? If you give me a couple, I'll email myself all my pix. that way, they are hosted up on another site. You click the link and will be able to check out all of our pix from that weekend. I'd be happy to post them up.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham

Sure, if you feel like it
Old 08-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...y=-ul1z84&Ux=0
Old 10-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

FROM SCOTT:

Good morning, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

Two messages:

First: State Fair of Texas has a Celebrity working his way to the Chevy Exhibit -- as of this weekend -- Bumblebee will be appearing in the Indoor Chevy Exhibit at State Fair of Texas -- and should be there thru the rest of the show --ending October 21 -- I hope to see you there for the Camaro/Firebird Weekend on October 20...........

Well...I was hoping to see the silver again, actually. But this is going to be really cool! I've seen the silver, vert, and this will make the BB too! A lot of pix will be taken. Let me know if there are any special shots anyone wants. I'll see what I can do!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham

I could use one of underneath....like for a mirror chop...You know?

Put the Camera right on the ground, and look up at the car from the front facia, front 1/4, back 1/4, and side...if you wouldn't mind... If you don't get them, I don't mind - It's not like I need them, I just have yet to find a proper picture to use for a photoshop like that....

That'd be so awesome if you could do it, you're the best, TAG!!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok...you kinda got me confused when you said put the camera right on the ground. You mean set it on the ground facing horizontal, or facing up towards the sky? I'm going to get the pix from all angles...at a 45 degree angle, side, along the side, etc, etc, etc. But, I will get your angled pix. Just let me know exactly how you want them done. Sorry...need clarification. Don't want to assume I know what you mean, take the pix, and have them be not what you were looking for.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 AM   #13
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
the Texas F-Body Association (headed by Millie aka: cytruffle) has yet again put together another car show event (4th Anniv) coming up on October 20th.
Is this on the 20th only? I work that Saturday so I am going to the fair on the 17th. Atleast I get to see a 5th gen in person sooner than expected, don't have to wait for Fort Worth and Dallas Autoshows next spring.
Gunner KS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well, I'm pretty sure that BB gets there on Thurs. I can't tell you for sure, though. I'd reeeeeeally try to get that Saturday off. It's going to be a great day.