Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-24-2010, 07:02 AM   #71
nascar14fan

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/CGMStripes/RS/6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
what is this upgraded clutch i keeping seeing in posts, are they now being put in the current cars
I think it is 24255748 that should be the new clutch pressure plate ass. I had mine replaced about 3 months ago with the old number and had it stick again and tried to get the new one and no dice.
nascar14fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #72
Shark547

Drives: Camaro 2 SS Manual
Just got back from the dealership. They couldn't reproduce the problem so they can't fix it.........
Shark547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #73
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
There is a new number, doesn't mean it's a different assembly.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #74
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Just got home, and the dealer said everything is operating as designed. Problem is, car is warmed up. So, was not able to reproduce HERKY JERKY Feeling. Well, going to different dealer, one only 1 mile from where I live. They are not the dealer I bought it from.

The herky jerky happens all the time when just starting up, but after shes been running a while, hits a hit or miss. In my case, I could not get it to hit. I keep thinking to myself, maybe I am imagining it, but the kids in the back seat even noticed it w/out me saying anything about it. I will take it to local dealer, leave it there over night and then go there in the morning and take them for a test drive and let him feel it. Maybe then I won't be imagining it.

After the dealer, I went home. When I was leaving home to come to work, I was backing out of my garage and I could have swore I heard a griding noise. It was quick, like metal scraping against something. No, I didn't hit the garage. I thought I heard it once before, but just didn't think anything of it. I will have to pay attention more when I back out of the garage and see I can reproduce this noise.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #75
OrangeSS
Southern Gentleman.

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
When I was leaving home to come to work, I was backing out of my garage and I could have swore I heard a griding noise. It was quick, like metal scraping against something. No, I didn't hit the garage.
Mine does this too!!!! I thought I backed into something once, but now I hear it almost every time I back up when the car is warm or cold.. ??
Old 05-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #76
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSS View Post
Mine does this too!!!! I thought I backed into something once, but now I hear it almost every time I back up when the car is warm or cold.. ??

Mine was warm, only home long enough to put work cloths on. Have to pay attention when I am backing out of the drive way. Was my foot on the clutch padel or not...I don't remember. Sounded/Felt like something scraping the drive shaft
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #77
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer78 View Post
Back from the dealer and of course they can't find anything wrong.....OPERATING AS DESIGNED.......huh? What really pisses me off is I told them the shifter is very notchy, binds and has gotten stuck half way into second before. They said they couldn't duplicate the problem and it's operating as designed. Ok, now it's time for a video:

crunchy! turn up the volume.......

What your're showing there has nothing to due with the clutch. When your're sitting in a parking lot with the motor off not moving and you work the shifter, the clutch is doing nothing. That problem your having is either the shifter it's self or the tranny.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #78
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Mine was warm, only home long enough to put work cloths on. Have to pay attention when I am backing out of the drive way. Was my foot on the clutch padel or not...I don't remember. Sounded/Felt like something scraping the drive shaft
Don't worry, that's "normal" too. It's "normal" for your car to stink, pedal to stick, and for the car to make sounds like it's scraping against the ground when you reverse.

Needless to say I've had that problem too. As far as I can tell it happens when the car is already warm and in reverse. Most of the time it has happened when I am rolling backwards down my driveway with the gearshift in reverse but the clutch pedal in. I've only ever noticed it when I have been driving and return home, pull the car up toward the garage, but for whatever reason I pull back out (dropping somebody off at home, forgot I need to juggle the cars around, etc). It's strange because I can FEEL it in my clutch pedal. Lasts about 1 or 2 seconds and then stops.

Before anyone starts yelling about "driver error" again, the first time I honestly thought I'd scraped the bottom so I got under it and looked for scrape marks...none to be found to this day. Likewise with driveway...no marks.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #79
WICKEDSS
Dan

Drives: THE BEAST
When im backing up it feels like the ABS is kicking in for a short second....It only does it to me when the wheel is turned but i can have it in N and just let the weight of the car roll back and it will still make the sound.....I also feel it in the brake Ped
WICKEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #80
rcracer78

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What your're showing there has nothing to due with the clutch. When your're sitting in a parking lot with the motor off not moving and you work the shifter, the clutch is doing nothing. That problem your having is either the shifter it's self or the tranny.
I am aware that has nothing to do with the clutch. However I took the car in for multiple issues, the clutch being one of them. I told the service rep the shifter was binding/notchy from 1st to 2nd and notchy from 2nd to 3rd. Whether I'm driving or the car is sitting with the clutch in, it feels exactly the same. I will be changing the fluid soon as many have reccomended and hopefully that will smooth it out a little. I don't see that resolving the issue though. To me it feels like a bad synchro.

Quote:
Just got home, and the dealer said everything is operating as designed. Problem is, car is warmed up. So, was not able to reproduce HERKY JERKY Feeling. Well, going to different dealer, one only 1 mile from where I live. They are not the dealer I bought it from.

The herky jerky happens all the time when just starting up, but after shes been running a while, hits a hit or miss. In my case, I could not get it to hit. I keep thinking to myself, maybe I am imagining it, but the kids in the back seat even noticed it w/out me saying anything about it. I will take it to local dealer, leave it there over night and then go there in the morning and take them for a test drive and let him feel it. Maybe then I won't be imagining it.

After the dealer, I went home. When I was leaving home to come to work, I was backing out of my garage and I could have swore I heard a griding noise. It was quick, like metal scraping against something. No, I didn't hit the garage. I thought I heard it once before, but just didn't think anything of it. I will have to pay attention more when I back out of the garage and see I can reproduce this noise.
What you heard may be normal. There is a forums around here somewhere about that. I get the same thing every now and then as well. I think it's the ABS doing a system check or something like that.
rcracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #81
Moorepheus

Well, I am going to give my Tranny/Clutch to 3500 miles. (that another 1000). If I still have this same issues, then I will drop the car off at the dealer the night before and then get a ride to them, get the tech in the car and then take him for a ride in a COLD Car. This way, they can feel the HERKY JERKY feeling that I get.

I love my car, but at this point, just thinking about driving it and knowing that it's going to do this, makes me not want to drive it. And if I don't want to drive it, why do I have it.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #82
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Thumbs down Clutch issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar14fan View Post
I have put all these on a spread sheet and Its looking like we might be on to something. The lowest Vin we have is 9112 and goes to 9204. Keep em coming guys.

A9180280-- Clutch releases at very top of pedal; tiny engagement point; once slipped, it'll smell for 2-3 days.
( Throw-out bearing is riding diaphragm )
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #83
nascar14fan

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/CGMStripes/RS/6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
Don't worry, that's "normal" too. It's "normal" for your car to stink, pedal to stick, and for the car to make sounds like it's scraping against the ground when you reverse.

Needless to say I've had that problem too. As far as I can tell it happens when the car is already warm and in reverse. Most of the time it has happened when I am rolling backwards down my driveway with the gearshift in reverse but the clutch pedal in. I've only ever noticed it when I have been driving and return home, pull the car up toward the garage, but for whatever reason I pull back out (dropping somebody off at home, forgot I need to juggle the cars around, etc). It's strange because I can FEEL it in my clutch pedal. Lasts about 1 or 2 seconds and then stops.

Before anyone starts yelling about "driver error" again, the first time I honestly thought I'd scraped the bottom so I got under it and looked for scrape marks...none to be found to this day. Likewise with driveway...no marks.
DRIVER ERROR, DRIVER ERROR, DRIVER ERROR!!! LOL just messin you know it. Have not had this problem. Going to take my car to a friends house and he is going to check it out and put it on the lift. Will keep you posted as to what we find out. Who knows. worth a shot.
nascar14fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #84
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
While 99% there's at least a small bit of truth behind every story...just make sure you're not "making" a problem out of something else...it's way too easy for us (people) to convince ourselves of something that's not there...

Not saying anyone is doing this....just saying it in general.