Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
sharbaugh
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: IMB RS SS MANUAL LOADED
IBM TPW of 5/18/09

I was frustrated like everyone. Have been at 3000 for at least 5 weeks. Could not get any info. Sent my dealer an email thusday 5/7/09 and told her that we should get SOme kind of info or they could just keep it. She copied me on what was sent to her District person and what they sent up the chain. By the end of the day I had a TPW of 5/18/09 with delivery promised, yes the dealer promised, delivery within two weeks of it being built.
I am sceptical about this but lets be positive and see what happens. I am really disappointed with the lack of information and production of this vehicle. As my friend who works for GM in Detroit says, "GM production is just organized chaos"
I am thinking positive and hoping not to be let down.
sharbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Hang in there. Over 9000 cars out there now, Things are picking up.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
I have a tpw of 5/18 also......

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
I also have a TPW of 5/18/09, IBM 2SS/RS. Dealer told me Saturday during a dealer party that they are not updating codes to keep up with the cars actual stage of production.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbaugh View Post
...with delivery promised, yes the dealer promised, delivery within two weeks of it being built.
I hope it works out this way for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Not to be a downer, but there are a TON of people around this forum that are in later stages of production, i.e. built and sitting, and have no idea when they're gonna see their cars. I'm one of them.

Again, I really hope it works out this way for you. Just don't get your hopes up so high that the fall kills you.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbaugh View Post
I was frustrated like everyone. Have been at 3000 for at least 5 weeks. Could not get any info. Sent my dealer an email thusday 5/7/09 and told her that we should get SOme kind of info or they could just keep it. She copied me on what was sent to her District person and what they sent up the chain. By the end of the day I had a TPW of 5/18/09 with delivery promised, yes the dealer promised, delivery within two weeks of it being built.
I am sceptical about this but lets be positive and see what happens. I am really disappointed with the lack of information and production of this vehicle. As my friend who works for GM in Detroit says, "GM production is just organized chaos"
I am thinking positive and hoping not to be let down.
To add to Number 9's comment - this could mean your car will be built on the Friday which may add an extra week. The following Monday is a holiday at the plant.