Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-14-2016, 09:21 AM   #1
fastbroshi

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Stock SS Brembo piston removal

Team,

Has anyone disassembled their Brembos to replace a piston or two? I've got two rears that are a bit corroded that I may replace, and a front that's chipped up that I definitely want to replace.
I've disassembled motorcycle dual piston calipers before by clamping a piece of wood over one of the pistons until I could get them both moving sufficiently to pull out. However these are a different animal.
For the front caliper, I'm not sure how to clamp the two pistons on the one side and just one on the other to force out just the chipped one I want to replace. Maybe I can figure it out if I monkey around enough with it, but I'd like to save some time. Does anyone have experience doing this? I've got a lot of schoolwork to do and this is my daily driver after all so I can't afford much downtime.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by fastbroshi; 06-14-2016 at 11:53 AM.
fastbroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #2
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
I've researched this same thing, Brembo rebuild basically. The only sure part numbers I found are aftermarket and way too expensive. There's got to be a Brembo kit. I'm subscribing in hopes someone will help out.

Another day in paradise
Old 06-14-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
Synner

Drives: cars
2 pieces of wood or scrap metal and clamps over the 3, compressed air into the line and it'll shoot out in a hurry.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote