Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I started seeing a few reviews of the 1LE in 2013 which raised an eyebrow. Totally by accident flipping thru TV channels I watched my exact car reviewed on Motorweek in late 2013. I didn't seriously think I would get one.
My price range was up to 60k but I really only wanted to spend 40k.
Stumbled upon chevrolet.com doing google searches and car lot searches.
Found the exact yellow 1LE from the TV show about 40 miles away in December 2013.
I didn't have the cash in hand until March 2014. $37k.
I'm forever grateful no one else bought the car. It waited for me on the lot. I consider it a miracle. I didn't even call the dealer back until one week before I was ready. I made a few email contacts and kept checking the dealer inventory online.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #16
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
I remember you. You make those gaming videos on YouTube or something and already posted a thread like this a while back
Ah yes I knew he was familiar........I thought he has a transformer camaro. I remember his story now.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #17
Kodexo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I had just turned 17 and only had my permit for a month, but I had driven without it a lot, raced go karts twice a month and LOVED Camaros and cars in general. I saw an orange 2011 Camaro in a used dealer lot when I was 16 and really really wanted to buy it, but I hadn't saved up enough money yet and the car was 29,900 and an auto, which I didn't want. Then after several months I saw my Camaro in the same dealers lot, I stopped in and my Mom took it for a test drive. My step dad gave it a very big NO. 2 months later it still hadn't been sold and I just had to have it, so I went to my bank, withdrew my down payment of 15,000, and went with my mother to the dealership, I've been happy ever since
Except the Tuesday after the Saturday I bought it on. That's when my friend's dad backed into it with his truck's hitch. New front bumper and fender.
Kodexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #18
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
went to dealership to buy a new Silverado, saw the 45th sitting a row behind, ended up getting both - made that salesman's day!
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, camaro, story