Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #85
MightyT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Tell me about it, I could afford to make the payments on a SS and I could even afford to pay for the insurance. However it would take nearly 2/3's of my salary and that doesn't even cover fuel, maintenance, and non-car related things. At that point I would be broke.

I believe my deductible was set to $1000.
Yep ... Food becomes optional !! ... All I can suggest is, don't, I repeat don'y get any tickets or accidents. That will make being under 25 lokk like a super deal! Get the hot car and drive like a granny for a year.

1100 Prelim. Order - (09-18-09)
2000 GM Accepted - (09-22-09) Order NPJWCM.
3000 Prod Control Accepted - (10-14-09) TPW 11/02/09.
3300 Scheduled - (10-26-09)
3400 Broadcast - (10-31-09)
3800 Produced - (11-06-09) VIN 2G1FC1EV6A9165272
4200 Shipped - (11-09-09) Rail ETTX701486
5000 Deliver dealer - (11-27-09)
6000 Deliver customer - (11-27-09)
MightyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #86
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Actually if you have an umbrella policy, you are much more likely to get sued.
The more insurance coverage you have, the more likely an attorney will go after all that money. If you have crap... there's not much reason to persue it.

I'd also suggest making sure that you have a homestead act on your home. It could save your home in the event that you are sued. Last I knew it protected it up to $450,000. If your home is worth less than that, it's not worth it for a lawyer to go after it.
Owning a home and not having an umbrella policy is taking a chance they will go after your home. No thanks.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #87
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I just spent half an hour on AllState.com for sh!ts and Giggles....

I'm 20, and have a few discounts, nothing major. Still live at home, and go to school:

Camaro SS: $672/6mo.
GS Corvette: $766/6mo.
Cobalt LS: $857/6mo.
'10 GT500: $796/6mo.
'10 CTS-V: $860/6mo.

EVERYTHING was the same for all these cars, they were all listed for pleasure and 5k or less miles per year. Except the Cobalt; that was listed as commute, and 11k a year...

I realize this doesn't directly translate into real-world charges, but I was shocked at how the cars compared to each other, to say the least...
I am shocked the insurance on the Camaro SS is so cheap for you, lucky bastard. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoslife View Post
dont feel bad man im completely on my own i work day n night no joke i have NO LIFE but i have the only camaro in my neighboorhood and only one at purdue cal and god damn it it was worth it :-/ till all these warranty problems cam about
Sounds a bit like me. I bust my ass at work, and I have no life since moving from New York. If I didn't live with my parents I wouldn't be able to make payments on this car or afford the insurance. You're doing well for yourself though.

Good luck with the warranty claims, hopefully everything is fixed in a timely manor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyT View Post
Yep ... Food becomes optional !! ... All I can suggest is, don't, I repeat don'y get any tickets or accidents. That will make being under 25 lokk like a super deal! Get the hot car and drive like a granny for a year.
Well I am on a diet so maybe no food will be a good thing?

I have been lucky with my record. The three accidents I have been in since I started driving were minor and didn't go on my record, so I have a clean record. My last ticket was 5 years ago so it's off my record. Driving the car like a granny will be hard, even with the V6.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #88
Maro's in my Marrow
Maros_eat_Stangs

Drives: 2010 Blk/Blk 2SS/RS M6 Polished 20s
Im 27 and I switched from Progressive on my '02 Z71 Tahoe to All State for my 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Blk/Blk. All State has the "New Car Replacement" so if I total it (God Forbid) within the first 3 years they give me a check for the MSRP of the car at the time of purchase. They have accident forgiveness so my rate doesn't increase and they give me $100 dollars off my deductible every 6 months for up to $500 (w/o an accident). I also get 5% of total payments back each year(w/o an accident). I decided to get Renters Insurance also to cover my belongings in my apartment in the case of a fire or something so I then qualified for Multiple Policy discount. After all is said and done I pay All State $110/month. I haven't had a wreck in over 5 years so Im a preferred driver now. Back in my high school days though I had about 8 accidents on my record with 3 totaled Camaros lol. It was so bad that Officer Riley of the MSHP kept my files in his trunk lol.
'99 Trans Am V8 Red/Blk
Maro's in my Marrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:40 AM   #89
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
Insurance company does not care who owns the car.

I am an underwriter.
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #90
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro's in my Marrow View Post
Im 27 and I switched from Progressive on my '02 Z71 Tahoe to All State for my 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Blk/Blk. All State has the "New Car Replacement" so if I total it (God Forbid) within the first 3 years they give me a check for the MSRP of the car at the time of purchase. They have accident forgiveness so my rate doesn't increase and they give me $100 dollars off my deductible every 6 months for up to $500 (w/o an accident). I also get 5% of total payments back each year(w/o an accident). I decided to get Renters Insurance also to cover my belongings in my apartment in the case of a fire or something so I then qualified for Multiple Policy discount. After all is said and done I pay All State $110/month. I haven't had a wreck in over 5 years so Im a preferred driver now. Back in my high school days though I had about 8 accidents on my record with 3 totaled Camaros lol. It was so bad that Officer Riley of the MSHP kept my files in his trunk lol.
See that doesn't make sense. I never totaled even one car, and the one car on car accident I had didn't make it to my record. Yet for the same car they want me to pay $190/month. It must be because you're over 25 have have other insurance policies from this company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
Insurance company does not care who owns the car.

I am an underwriter.
I think they do. Why does my father pay $80/month less than me for the same car?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #91
Maro's in my Marrow
Maros_eat_Stangs

Drives: 2010 Blk/Blk 2SS/RS M6 Polished 20s
Under 25 your insurance is gonna be high especially on a sports car due to accident statistics. For example most rental car agencies won't let you rent certain models if you under 25. I don't know why thats the magic number but thats just how it is. Also your father probably didn't list you as a Primary Driver. If you have my kinda luck I really recommend going with the new car replacement All-State option. Also my monthly payments actually decreased when I got the Renters Insurance through them. According to my agent the multiple policy discount is greater than the cost of the renters insurance(by quite a bit) lol.
'99 Trans Am V8 Red/Blk
Maro's in my Marrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #92
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro's in my Marrow View Post
Under 25 your insurance is gonna be high especially on a sports car due to accident statistics. For example most rental car agencies won't let you rent certain models if you under 25. I don't know why thats the magic number but thats just how it is. Also your father probably didn't list you as a Primary Driver. If you have my kinda luck I really recommend going with the new car replacement All-State option. Also my monthly payments actually decreased when I got the Renters Insurance through them. According to my agent the multiple policy discount is greater than the cost of the renters insurance(by quite a bit) lol.
Well IMO statistics are biased, I don't do idiotic stunts with any vehicle I drive like some people in my age group. I would go for the multiple policy discount but alas I don't own anything else that needs insurance. So tell me how much more do you have to pay for the "new car replacement" policy?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #93
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboy23 View Post
Yes you can, mine is insured under my parents name with me on as a driver (I'm 18) and I'm paying $968 for every six months.
Same with me Im listed as a driver, but my parents bought the car and I drive it...Im 19...I got 3.99% for interest and 570 as my insurance for 6 months...hope this helps
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #94
American Muscle

Drives: #26 Tom Henry Racing 2010 1SS/LS3
There was a post earlier from an agent in TN that said the v8 was no different than the v6 as they didn't have to ask for that. I filled out a policy on geico and put in 2010 camaro and it never asked me which engine model it would be. Quote wasn't bad at all, I can't remember exactly what it was now but def worth me saving up for the ss and not settling on the v6 because of insurance (i'm 22 years old, one speeding ticket on my record and no accidents.) Idk if when I actually called an agent to purchase the quote they would than ask me for the engine size which would change the price but if that would be awesome if it didn't play a factor into the car. I also was quoting an Audi TT a little while ago and that was actually higher than the Camaro SS insurace and thats a 4 cylinder with a turbocharger, but a 2001 Audi TT has shitty repair ratings and it costs a lot to fix them. It shouldn't cost a lot to fix the 2010 camaro in comparison. This insurance maze is crazy and it sucks that insurance companies can charge so much for something that is required to have and most of the time is never needed.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #95
Lapdogherc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
I pays to be 54 and have a clean record. I pay $423 for the year, it is listed as for pleasure and under 8500 miles. My 2004 Grand Am is $426 for the year and is listed as over 8500 and for work. I have Erie insurance.
Lapdogherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #96
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Muscle View Post
There was a post earlier from an agent in TN that said the v8 was no different than the v6 as they didn't have to ask for that. I filled out a policy on geico and put in 2010 camaro and it never asked me which engine model it would be. Quote wasn't bad at all, I can't remember exactly what it was now but def worth me saving up for the ss and not settling on the v6 because of insurance (i'm 22 years old, one speeding ticket on my record and no accidents.) Idk if when I actually called an agent to purchase the quote they would than ask me for the engine size which would change the price but if that would be awesome if it didn't play a factor into the car. I also was quoting an Audi TT a little while ago and that was actually higher than the Camaro SS insurace and thats a 4 cylinder with a turbocharger, but a 2001 Audi TT has shitty repair ratings and it costs a lot to fix them. It shouldn't cost a lot to fix the 2010 camaro in comparison. This insurance maze is crazy and it sucks that insurance companies can charge so much for something that is required to have and most of the time is never needed.
Agreed insurance is a crazy thing, and since this will be the first car I ever owned I am quite ignorant to the complexities of insurance. I thought it would be easy, and cheap since I live in a relatively quiet corner of Pa and I have a clean record. Then again life always has to be complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapdogherc View Post
I pays to be 54 and have a clean record. I pay $423 for the year, it is listed as for pleasure and under 8500 miles. My 2004 Grand Am is $426 for the year and is listed as over 8500 and for work. I have Erie insurance.
If I end up with the V6 I hope after my 25th birthday I will be paying under $100 a month, but yeah being young sucks when will it be over?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #97
American Muscle

Drives: #26 Tom Henry Racing 2010 1SS/LS3
[QUOTE=PA FAST;1176910]Agreed insurance is a crazy thing, and since this will be the first car I ever owned I am quite ignorant to the complexities of insurance. I thought it would be easy, and cheap since I live in a relatively quiet corner of Pa and I have a clean record. Then again life always has to be complex.

Lol I hear ya man, seems nothing is easy/simple
Old 11-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #98
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

[QUOTE=American Muscle;1177103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Agreed insurance is a crazy thing, and since this will be the first car I ever owned I am quite ignorant to the complexities of insurance. I thought it would be easy, and cheap since I live in a relatively quiet corner of Pa and I have a clean record. Then again life always has to be complex.

Lol I hear ya man, seems nothing is easy/simple
Indeed, I thought I could just put all the figures on paper and make it work. For most of it I was right but I had no idea insurance would be such a bitch.