Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #211
exackly

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4two View Post
I love the feel and functionality of the newer steering wheel, I just wished it could have been labeled Camaro!
I agree! Liked it better with the "CAMARO" label. Wish they did the same with the ZL1. and Have "ZL1" in the middle of the steering wheel.
exackly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #212
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #213
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Just like the world changes the camaro changes.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #214
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
OMG.. if the Camaro wheel gives you that thought, then DO NOT look too close at the Dodge Truck logo!!! LOL
Bwahahahahahaha

Ha
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #215
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I have driven a Chevy Cruze with the steering wheel that is in the newer Camaros and prefer the 2010-11 style. I wouldn't classify my hands as being gorilla hands but the newer steering wheel seems a better fit for someone with smaller hands/fingers. The steering controls are angled slightly upward on the new style and require quite a bit of thumb travel. The old style wheel controls are sunk in the wheel and and are practically parallel to the dash; cruise and audio controls can be done in a simple, fluid motion without much travel for your thumbs.

My other dislike on the 2013 are the wheels. I normally don't jump on bandwagons but the current RS wheels were on the 2012 Chevy Malibus minus 3 inches.

I agree changes should be made to keep a car "fresh" especially in today's market. My only reservations are that diluting a car with bin parts isn't a change for the better. The navigation, updated dash design, HUD, paint and special editions are great but I guess there are always pros and cons to changes.

Oh, and the gauge font used in the 2012-13 dash is the same as the Chevy Cruze too.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #216
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
My only wish for the new Camaros would be to not place the bow tie in the steering wheel but keep the original CAMARO lettering. I find this little detail to be a dealer breaker for me in the 2012's...silly yes...but to each their own.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #217
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteele View Post
I have driven a Chevy Cruze with the steering wheel that is in the newer Camaros and prefer the 2010-11 style. I wouldn't classify my hands as being gorilla hands but the newer steering wheel seems a better fit for someone with smaller hands/fingers. The steering controls are angled slightly upward on the new style and require quite a bit of thumb travel. The old style wheel controls are sunk in the wheel and and are practically parallel to the dash; cruise and audio controls can be done in a simple, fluid motion without much travel for your thumbs.

My other dislike on the 2013 are the wheels. I normally don't jump on bandwagons but the current RS wheels were on the 2012 Chevy Malibus minus 3 inches.

I agree changes should be made to keep a car "fresh" especially in today's market. My only reservations are that diluting a car with bin parts isn't a change for the better. The navigation, updated dash design, HUD, paint and special editions are great but I guess there are always pros and cons to changes.

Oh, and the gauge font used in the 2012-13 dash is the same as the Chevy Cruze too.
I think you are really reaching on this one...
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #218
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Only thing I would change is I wish my "polished" rims were a little more polished before they were cleared, may tackle that myself one day. The 5th gens are one of the best looking rides to come along in quite some time, quit your bitchin!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #219
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
that is all in the name of function,
steering wheel, paddles over buttons, lock buttons on doors, navigation/color touch screen controlled radio, reverse camera,
I will admit the new wheels arent as nice as the old ones but they have grown on me a little bit.
I am happy with all the changes made, and feel the minute loss of the retro appearance is worth it for these upgraded features.
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #220
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Are they slowly dismantling the Camaro piece by piece for the worse...

first they replaced the retro steering wheel with a parts bin wheel...
then the put the lock controls on the doors like every other chevy...
now they replace the wheels with ones that everyone seems to dislike...
then they added a parts bin Nav System.....

What happened to the really cool Retro Camaro that everyone drooled over at the auto shows and purchased when it came out?

What do you think?
All of the reasons that you have stated here are very much why I refuse to upgrade to the 2012+ anytime soon. I simply don't like the direction they had taken it in. I will probably just upgrade my 2011 to a 2011 SS when the time comes.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #221
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
At first I didn't like the 2012 wheel, but it's really grown on me over time. It's become one of those things where it's just part of a great car & the design isn't bad at all. GM should however replace the Chevy bowtie with either the Camaro shield emblems like the 45th anniversary edition fender emblems or put the 2010-11 Camaro logo on the horn/airbag cover.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote