Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #29
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
That big time suxors. For the unwashed vinyl will offer some protection but that isn't what it's designed for. Most autommotive vinyl is laminated and is pretty durable. Matte vinyl obviously cannot be laminated and is less durable. Vinyl is not cheap to replace unless you're using cheap garbage installed by amateur hour. We had some bonehead open their car door on one of the Camaros and put several dime sized dings in the driver side door. In addition to a repaint on the door the vinyl had to be replaced and the offender crapped their pants when they learned that the bill was almost 1.8k. Without the vinyl it would have been less than half that cost.The company who hired the eye candy should cover the costs of replacing it.
Thanks for your input and support.

People just assume vinyl is dirt cheap, the front fascia peice is especially not cheap because of how intricate it is to wrap.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #30
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
Thanks for your input and support.

People just assume vinyl is dirt cheap, the front fascia peice is especially not cheap because of how intricate it is to wrap.
Who cares how much or how little it cost...its YOUR car and YOUR Camaro.....people should show some respect regardless..

Sorry to see this bro..its a nice ride...
Old 04-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #31
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
No prob, bro. That just sucks. And another issue is color matching once the vinyl has been on there for a while. It invariably fades from exposure to the sun and other elements.. Good luck.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #32
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Who cares how much or how little it cost...its YOUR car and YOUR Camaro.....people should show some respect regardless..

Sorry to see this bro..its a nice ride...
thanks
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #33
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I agree with you they should have been briefed on what to do and what not to do. If they mess up something due to stupidity then you as the company owner should be held accountable for it since they do work for you. Take them to small claims court if need be.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #34
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
If I had seen her coming toward my car I would've worried about that belt buckle - that could cause some damage! Sorry to hear about the damage - that sux no matter how you look at it.

Last edited by Lydon; 04-23-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: took out pasted image
Lydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #35
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Love your sig pic - very kool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
At car shows we always have a 6'5" bald guy named Jon who has no qualms about telling ppl what the rules are. you wanna borrow him? He's quite effective.
SIXJAK - Love all the stripes and colors - very cool.

Last edited by Lydon; 04-23-2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: edit error
Lydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #36
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Sorry to hear about that, I got no scratches from them on my car; although the one with the white shorts wanted to get in my car and had to decline that request.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
robertgss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #37
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Sorry that the scratches occurred. On the flip side if you display your car the chances for damage always go up exponentially. It goes with the territory. The GM guys know this all too well. Not saying that it is right, it just happens. But remember - since you were displaying this for your business, the fixes should be covered as damage during marketing.

Last edited by speedster; 04-23-2011 at 07:50 AM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #38
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I think the 6'5" bald guy should be at your future shows. I think they should cover the cost of re-wrapping also, a lesson for them to learn about going to car shows and being responsible.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #39
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
Can't buff it, it's a flat black wrap.
Oh that sucks. I would love to see some pics of the car though. I've always been a fan of the flat/satin black look.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #40
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Don't get me wrong, the scratches suck, big time. But unless all you have is a he said, she said bit on who caused it your s.o.l.. I have a nice size ding in the back fender. Yes my car was in a booth, and on track. Getting mine fixed and covering cost myself. Oh, and windshield from rock chips driving cross country. Bottom line is next time, rope off the camaro at next show! If not, Then maybe just a hood or fender to demonstrate product. I don't think it's fair to bash a company however with little to no proof and then slam the owner because he doesn't live on C5 like some do, and respond to a pm. Were they the ONLY women around your camaro with nails? Like you said you were extremely busy, maybe they were the only 2 you remembered or saw by the camaro?
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying, if you go to a show, expect the worst, but hope for the best. Some members had engine issues to and from fest (much more expensive). Cosmetic / body damage - expect it. Could have been a little bit more professional on your part instead of just bashing a vendor. You should have called ACE before bashing (1-915-317-8984). I found the # in the same amount of time you did bashing here. Carlos has had these girls at numerous shows from what I was told, and how to respect everyones rides. You can also find them on face book under ACE CUSTOM STEERING. Trust me, I'm not taking either side, I could get pissed over a few things from vender's on here, however, I will at least give them the opportunity to correct prior to taking it up on a public thread with only 1 side of the story. Good luck, and hope it gets corrected soon.......
CruznSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #41
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sorry that the scratches occurred. On the flip side if you display your car the chances for damage always go up exponentially. It goes with the territory. The GM guys know this all too well. Not saying that it is right, it just happens. But remember - since you were displaying this for your business, the fixes should be covered as damage during marketing.
Spot On.

It's the cost of doing business...and while I feel for you...it's a known risk. What if a forum members girlfriend/wife had done the same thing? Would you be seeking recompense here as well?

It SUCKS...and I feel for you. If private communication doesn't work, then it's time to chalk it up to lesson learned and write it off as a business expense.

I have my hood painted flat black and it's a BITCH to keep in good shape...so I feel your pain.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #42
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
The person that was herding them around should have given them instructions in my opinion. If the person was a photographer he/she would have known about property damage. They hopefully had an "IQ above room temperature..."

Sorry for your loss.
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote