Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #15
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Do u control when it sprays?
No, I use the gas pedal throttle switch so as long as I am full throttle I have the juice flowing. I leave the line with the main switch off and as soon as I leave the trap I flip the main toggle switch on to activate the NOS.

I will eventually get a progressive switch to control the nos but not at this time.
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #16
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I have the NYTREX kit with over 100 runs with the 100HP jets in mine. I'm 51 and have used many good nitrous kits over the years. This kit took me about 1.5 hours to have up and running. I did bypass the WOT switch and made a finger activated switch. You can PM me for more details. I'll give you my cell # if you want to talk in depth about this subject. There are many good systems out there, I just happened to buy the NYTREX because I saw them at SEMA in 2011 and they presented a very complete kit for the LFX.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #17
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
I have the NYTREX kit with over 100 runs with the 100HP jets in mine. I'm 51 and have used many good nitrous kits over the years. This kit took me about 1.5 hours to have up and running. I did bypass the WOT switch and made a finger activated switch. You can PM me for more details. I'll give you my cell # if you want to talk in depth about this subject. There are many good systems out there, I just happened to buy the NYTREX because I saw them at SEMA in 2011 and they presented a very complete kit for the LFX.
Rick knos his NOS!!! And he's very helpful.
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
What would a system like the ny-trex kit have in advantage over a kit like the zex kit?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #19
etmx183

Quote:
What would a system like the ny-trex kit have in advantage over a kit like the zex kit?
Most of the kits out right now are good quality for the V-6, just see what extra items comes with the kit of your choice and warranty.
Pressure gauge
Purge solenoid
Plug & play harness, ( No cuttiing required )
Does it use ( + ) or ( - ) voltage to fire the solenoids. This is a debate issue for some. The newer cars use Ground signal ( - ) to control electronics in them, so you make your choice.
Lifetime warranty on solenoids
WOT = Wide open throttle switch ( I did bypass mine for a momentary switch )
Low fuel pressure cut-off ( kills trhe solenoids on low fuel pressure so you don't melt a piston or six.
The above is why I choose the Ny-trex kit, plus the fact that all solenoids ( including the purge ) are mounted on one block.
I am NOT bashing any other kit, this is just what I've bought and have had good, SAFE success with it.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Most of the kits out right now are good quality for the V-6, just see what extra items comes with the kit of your choice and warranty.
Pressure gauge
Purge solenoid
Does it use ( + ) or ( - ) voltage to fire the solenoids. This is a debate issue for some. The newer cars use Ground signal ( - ) to control electronics in them, so you make your choice.
Low fuel pressure cut-off ( kills trhe solenoids on low fuel pressure so you don't melt a piston or six.
The above is why I choose the Ny-trex kit, plus the fact that all solenoids ( including the purge ) are mounted on one block.
I am NOT bashing any other kit, this is just what I've bought and have had good, SAFE success with it.

I'll second all the above....
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #21
lscamaro

Quote:
Pressure gauge
Purge solenoid
I know the Ny-trex doesn't come with a window switch but do you know if maybe one will work with it? My dream setup would be one that I can choose when to spray like you have with the momentary switch but also have a set rpm where it cuts off by itself to not cause any damage. I'm really liking both the ny-trex and zex kits. Don't know what to do at the moment.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
etmx183

lscamaro,
I think this link will answer your RPM trigger questions.

http://www.designengineering.com/cat...ous-controller
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
lscamaro

Quote:
lscamaro,
I think this link will answer your RPM trigger questions.

http://www.designengineering.com/cat...ous-controller
Thing is... that controller is 400 when a window switch like the one zex uses is 200. I would gladly get the ny trex one if I was going to use everything it can do but I just need a way to cut the nitrous off at certain rpms

Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #24
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Thing is... that controller is 400 when a window switch like the one zex uses is 200. I would gladly get the ny trex one if I was going to use everything it can do but I just need a way to cut the nitrous off at certain rpms

The concern is spraying too low in the rpm range, I spray at 3k, the other feature I like about the nytrex controller is the logging, you can tell what's going on during your entire run. You can also hook a wideband O2 to it for more protection and the results are also logged. I'm sure a window switch can be used pretty easily if that's your choice.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #25
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
The concern is spraying too low in the rpm range, I spray at 3k, the other feature I like about the nytrex controller is the logging, you can tell what's going on during your entire run. You can also hook a wideband O2 to it for more protection and the results are also logged. I'm sure a window switch can be used pretty easily if that's your choice.
Yea, I'm going to do a little more research on it.

Since a bunch of nitrous guys are here already, I have a question. Do any of you use drag radials or slicks? How's the car holding up to them?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #26
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com

Drives: The Blue Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post

To be safe you dont want to spray under 3K. This is because it does put excessive load on the rotating assembly. Also the air flow does not have a lot of velocity. This causes the nitrous/fuel mixture to not be ingested completely. This is what causes nitrous back fires.

Window switches are one of, if not the biggest safety feature that you can add to a nitrous system
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Yea, I'm going to do a little more research on it.

Since a bunch of nitrous guys are here already, I have a question. Do any of you use drag radials or slicks? How's the car holding up to them?

I don't and I leave like a school bus because of it or I would be spinning like mad, even without NO2. I believe the manual cars would hold up well since it has the stronger SS diff and axle shafts, I've seen plenty of SS's with DR's hold up. I might try some this spring. My 60' has never been below a 2, but I've trapped 105 to 106.5 spraying. With a good launch I should be in the 12's easily.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #28
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet.com View Post
To be safe you dont want to spray under 3K. This is because it does put excessive load on the rotating assembly. Also the air flow does not have a lot of velocity. This causes the nitrous/fuel mixture to not be ingested completely. This is what causes nitrous back fires.

Window switches are one of, if not the biggest safety feature that you can add to a nitrous system

Couldn't agree more, I've seen a few intakes explode at the track, I consider a window switch or some controller a safety must.