Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-31-2008, 02:03 AM   #85
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...7083#post27083

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
who said the gas cap would stay where it is????
This is the only post regarding the gas cap from anyone we know for FACT is a GM employee and could know this info. And...it doesn't tell us much. It's Scott playing that wink game with us, but it was in regards to a message that I believe has been edited on the Camaro facts page. So, no way to tell which direction it points us in. Help us out Scott.....please. Any info is better than the info I'd rather not hear.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 AM   #86
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This is the only post regarding the gas cap from anyone we know for FACT is a GM employee and could know this info. .
Don't you think if I was a malicious poser claiming to be on the design team I'd make up more interesting stuff than "the side vents and gas cap will be normal"?
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:03 AM   #87
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
[ [/QUOTE]

Oh now that is just sad! Camero I think you now know how passionate and excited people were and still are about the look of the concept. We really really really really liked it. Everything about it makes us work overtime and sale whatever other car we have to to get one. Heck i have my first born on ebay right now!!!! J/K
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #88
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Could some one tell me what a bpiller is I think I know, but would rather be sure.
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #89
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
______
__/_ | \__
|_________|
--O---O

Cars look something like this, and the item in red is the B pillar. It seperates the front windows from the rear in all sedans and most new coupes. The A pillar is at the front, and the C pillar is the one at the back the car Wagons and SUV's tend to have an additional D pillar at the rear.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 01-31-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: made my picture prettier
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #90
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
no offense to those that want the filler door on the driver's side, but I welcome the filler door being on the passenger side... to me, it makes it easier to fill the car up because I dont have to watch where I swing the door open at... and as it stands, I park as far away as possible from everyone else filling up at the gas station so I dont have to worry about them hitting my car when they are leaving... so its no big deal to me.

+1!!!

I notice that most fuel filler doors are on the driver's side so it makes it easier to find shorter lines at Costco (since their gas stations are one-way driveways) because not everyone can and/or will stretch the fuel pump hose over/behind/underneithe their cars. Simply put, the lines are just shorter because not as many people drive to those pumps, so a filler door on the passenger's side is just fine by me

As far as I'm concerned, a few small changes are fine with me (for the most part) as long as the overall content is high.

JMHO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #91
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Don't you think if I was a malicious poser claiming to be on the design team I'd make up more interesting stuff than "the side vents and gas cap will be normal"?

You know I meant no harm/disrespect to you or any others here! I've met Scott and know when he says something, it goes. Then, we get others that claim to be "The General" and go off on us for posting spy shots. I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm just saying there's no proof to what you say is true (at least, yet)....again, I MEAN NO disprespect.

But, I hear what you say about the vents and gas cap. So, you say the gas cap will be on the passenger/side?

EDIT: Again, I don't mean to come off sounding that way. I hope you can understand.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #92
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Nicely done! An excellent first post!

Anyone know why the camo is still on some? I thought it was supposed to all be off a few weeks ago.
the ones in australia had the camo on them still. so im guessing these are 2 of the 4 or 5 from there.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:27 AM   #93
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Although I can see a BIG possibility of it being sent down to the side (due to stupid people claiming warantee repaints due to gas spills), nobody has 'braced us' for the impact, yet......hmmmmm......
The Warrenty will never pay for something like that. That is considered abuse...

I think it is more of a Safety matter, if the car is in a rollover accident it may be more prone to having the cap torn off and maybe a spillage... and as Al Gore would think "An Environmental Disaster"

The Camaro is unique enough and looks good without putting JC Whitney Gimmic doodads on it like the chrome gas cap.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #94
Big Boss Man
Roc's Rule

Drives: 04 Denali 89 Iroc
Those pics are great. Thanks Cool looking car.
Big Boss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #95
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
So speaking of prototypes in LA, during a recent trip back to the family's home my dad said he was driving around through LA and saw some camo'd car driving around. Even after showing him pics of every car I know of going around in pre-pro camo, he doesn't know what it was. He is now under strict orders to photograph anything like that he sees while driving around.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #96
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Great pictures man, thanks for that!

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #97
devise

Drives: 1988 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesmieu View Post
So I worked the graveyard shift at LAX last night And I See one the ramp agents taking 2 camaros into the warehouse from a cargo flight coming from somewhere in Europe.. I was able to take some crappy pictures with my cell phone..

Attachment 3621

Attachment 3622

Attachment 3623

Attachment 3624

Attachment 3625

Attachment 3626

Attachment 3628

DAMN dude I work at LAX for american airlines. TERMINAL 4, chances are they came into the international terminal right next door (3) I wish I wouldve been working that day..too bad... i Guess ill just have to get chub off the ferraris that come of lufthansa and those other euroliners. oh well

as soon as i saw menzies i was like ''man this has to be LAX''
devise is offline   Reply With Quote