Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #85
scott9050
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 6M
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
Are you saying that approx 425whp is stock? If you are talking stock, seems all the ones I have seen stock were in the 380sh area. What is considered full bolt on? I think he said that it had boss intake, headers, intake etc...I assumed that would be fairly full bolt on.
A6 5.0's are approximately 360 RWHP stock, MT82 cars around 380. Generic tune and off road pipe put me right at 400. 425 is about right for an unported Boss intake and headers with supporting tune. The highest RWHP output on 5.0's with what I would consider full bolt ons (Cobra Jet intake ported, Oval TB, Cams, Full exhaust etc.) has topped 500 but it is expensive and rare to see one. Most people like me just go with forced induction instead of chasing the N/A route. Shaun from AED shows what a properly set up N/A? Coyote car can do:

__________________
2014 Mustang GT, Paxton Novi 2200 with a few mods
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #86
gmcvt
 
gmcvt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Tn
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
A6 5.0's are approximately 360 RWHP stock, MT82 cars around 380. Generic tune and off road pipe put me right at 400. 425 is about right for an unported Boss intake and headers with supporting tune. The highest RWHP output on 5.0's with what I would consider full bolt ons (Cobra Jet intake ported, Oval TB, Cams, Full exhaust etc.) has topped 500 but it is expensive and rare to see one. Most people like me just go with forced induction instead of chasing the N/A route. Shaun from AED shows what a properly set up N/A? Coyote car can do:

Thanks for the info! I work for a Honda dealership and we had a 2011 M6 5.0 traded in yesterday. Took it for a drive last night. Really enjoyed driving the car. Only complaint I have is that on this particular one, the clutch engages almost on the floor and the feel is very vague. I would like to have had about another 500 rpm or so too. It pulls strong once you get around 5k or so and before you know it you are in the limiter. Are you an A6 or M6?
__________________
"Jesus said to them: I am the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through me" John 14:6
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. 472hp/6100 443/4800, Pegasus shifter bushings.
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #87
GossipSquirrelJelena
 
GossipSquirrelJelena's Avatar
 
Drives: Used to drive 11 Red Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthJersey
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
Are you saying that approx 425whp is stock? If you are talking stock, seems all the ones I have seen stock were in the 380sh area. What is considered full bolt on? I think he said that it had boss intake, headers, intake etc...I assumed that would be fairly full bolt on.
No I'm saying 425 is about right for a bolt on 5.0. I dyno'd . 380 stock, 406 with a lund E85 tune and CAI. And 425 with headers added in. The boss intake isn't the best intake to make these cars go fast. A cobra jet or GT350 intake will both get you down the track faster.
__________________

2015 Mustang Premium
Auto 3.55
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #88
gmcvt
 
gmcvt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Tn
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
No I'm saying 425 is about right for a bolt on 5.0. I dyno'd . 380 stock, 406 with a lund E85 tune and CAI. And 425 with headers added in. The boss intake isn't the best intake to make these cars go fast. A cobra jet or GT350 intake will both get you down the track faster.
Gotcha. So your an M6 also eh?
__________________
"Jesus said to them: I am the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through me" John 14:6
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. 472hp/6100 443/4800, Pegasus shifter bushings.
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #89
GossipSquirrelJelena
 
GossipSquirrelJelena's Avatar
 
Drives: Used to drive 11 Red Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthJersey
Posts: 733
Nope automatic.
__________________

2015 Mustang Premium
Auto 3.55
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #90
scott9050
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 6M
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
Thanks for the info! I work for a Honda dealership and we had a 2011 M6 5.0 traded in yesterday. Took it for a drive last night. Really enjoyed driving the car. Only complaint I have is that on this particular one, the clutch engages almost on the floor and the feel is very vague. I would like to have had about another 500 rpm or so too. It pulls strong once you get around 5k or so and before you know it you are in the limiter. Are you an A6 or M6?
M6. 11's had quite a few bugs, AC compressors going bad quickly, MT82 failures, #8 cylinder failure etc. Most of that was fixed by mid year 2012.
The stock clutch and remote shifter leave something to be desired, for me a change to a MGW shifter with a new upgraded clutch and flywheel made all of the difference in the world.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT, Paxton Novi 2200 with a few mods
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #91
2010reddevil

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gulf Coast, TX
Posts: 1,055
Well fwiw, you can compare my last slip vs the 5.0L. Same mods as in my sig, same time too. D/A was 2200-2400ft, so definitely less than ideal there. New set of P-Zero tires. Right side number 44

[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #92
2010reddevil

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gulf Coast, TX
Posts: 1,055
You know, for as "gutless" as people keep trying to say the little Coyote motor is, damn thing sure does run hard with minimal mods. If he had a SCJ or 350 intake and proper tune, it would be even worse. Just pray he doesn't get big and littles.
__________________
2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #93
bkevind
 
Drives: 2013 2RSS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 252
I don't get why anyone would think the Coyote is a slow / gutless / no good engine. That sounds like the Chevy for life mentality bias. How does that even happen? Is it a brainwashing thing from a young age? I'd hate to live life that way, I want to taste the variety of life has to offer. My ideal Garage would have 1-3 (or more) vehicles from almost every brand in the world.

Anyway, sorry for that tangent.

Coyote is a great engine. Just another way to get things done. overhead cams, multi valve, revs to build power. A model adopted by many (most) manufacturers for many years, with much success in all forms of racing.

Hell even in a truck the 5.0 does just fine. Really wakes up with just a tune on 93.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #94
rontammy0
Dr feelgood
 
rontammy0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alliston Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
I don't get why anyone would think the Coyote is a slow / gutless / no good engine. That sounds like the Chevy for life mentality bias. How does that even happen? Is it a brainwashing thing from a young age? I'd hate to live life that way, I want to taste the variety of life has to offer. My ideal Garage would have 1-3 (or more) vehicles from almost every brand in the world.

Anyway, sorry for that tangent.

Coyote is a great engine. Just another way to get things done. overhead cams, multi valve, revs to build power. A model adopted by many (most) manufacturers for many years, with much success in all forms of racing.

Hell even in a truck the 5.0 does just fine. Really wakes up with just a tune on 93.
Guys calling that motor slow and gutless are keyboard drag racers.Likely have never raced a 5.0
or even drag racec for that matter.
__________________


K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
391 gears
Cosra Exreme 3 inch catback exhaust.
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
AGP Performance tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #95
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,769
Does AWD help that much?

GSJ, who I trust greatly, estimated my car as a low 13 second car, maybe sneaking into the high 12's as it sits. Road & Track tested a 2017 Audi S5 which weighs just about the same as my car (3942lbs), but only has 354hp, and it ran 12.9 @ 107mph. Seems like AWD is it's only advantage.

Thanks.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #96
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,769
Sorry Ron, it was supposed to be a new thread.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:47 PM   #97
rontammy0
Dr feelgood
 
rontammy0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alliston Ontario Canada
Posts: 7,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Sorry Ron, it was supposed to be a new thread.
Your more the welcome to post here....i dont mind since we are talking camaro performance.
__________________


K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
391 gears
Cosra Exreme 3 inch catback exhaust.
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
AGP Performance tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #98
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Your more the welcome to post here....i dont mind since we are talking camaro performance.
Thanks.

So give me your thoughts on my question.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.