Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I am afraid ... are you afraid?

First, hello all, i'm new up here.

anyway, I'm afraid. I love the new 'maro, BUT i'm afraid that by the time it goes into production, I won't love it anymore ...

I mean, I used to think some other concepts kicked ass, but by the time it turned to production, I felt like they were not so hot anymore ...

you know what I mean? getting used to something new and fresh coz' it has taken too long to become real ...

Thus, I feel like getting stucked on camaro5 is quite a danger, the danger of getting used to the new camaro and finally see it just like a ford crown victoria ... just because you looked at it every day ...

I do plan to be the first (or almost) froggy to get a 'maro, but i'm afraid ...

do you feel the same?

sorry for my poor english which is not my native language
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
hello there the new camaro will look very close to the real one thats a fact
welcome abord punk rider
1bad67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
First, hello all, i'm new up here.

anyway, I'm afraid. I love the new 'maro, BUT i'm afraid that by the time it goes into production, I won't love it anymore ...

I mean, I used to think some other concepts kicked ass, but by the time it turned to production, I felt like they were not so hot anymore ...

you know what I mean? getting used to something new and fresh coz' it has taken too long to become real ...

Thus, I feel like getting stucked on camaro5 is quite a danger, the danger of getting used to the new camaro and finally see it just like a ford crown victoria ... just because you looked at it every day ...

I do plan to be the first (or almost) froggy to get a 'maro, but i'm afraid ...

do you feel the same?

sorry for my poor english which is not my native language
First off, your english is fine(see bolded above)
Second, they will have changed enough on this concept to keep it "fresh" and the Camaro isn't just another car...it's the camaro, the hugger, the Mustang Killer, the Vette's little brother, oh, yeah, and it's the CAMARO!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Love the english too. No problems there.

I also gave thought to losing the excitement since we have to wait years for it to come out. But...all we see is the same pix. No info. That could seriously hurt the Camaro. What keeps me going is the photoshopped pictures of what COULD BE. Yes, we've seen the pix and GM said it would be very close to the original and "I couldn't tell the difference between the two." But, there is a lot of time. Once the Camaro comes out, there will be options offered that none of us here EVER thought of. There will be different paint schemes...different interiors...different aftermarket companies. I'm telling you, it's going to be CRAZY. It'll be a fire rekindled all over again.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Welcome

I think GM has learned a few things about concept to market. Chrysler used to be the king but GM is right there in the game now.

I'm not concerned about the production version of the Camaro. While it will be a little smaller (good thing), everything I hear/read about the car says it will have a very similar look to the concept cars making the circuit
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #6
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
No, I am not afraid. I am patient.

Having said that....Hurry up all ready!!! :(

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
First off, your english is fine(see bolded above)
Second, they will have changed enough on this concept to keep it "fresh" and the Camaro isn't just another car...it's the camaro, the hugger, the Mustang Killer, the Vette's little brother, oh, yeah, and it's the CAMARO!!!
it would fit pretty good to me to be a camaro owner as my big brother owns a chevy corvette ZR1 1990!!

but I do think GM should give us more to "bite". we had the concept, then the convertible, then the red one then ... nothing ...

hey GM guys ... love is not forever ... love needs more than a "yes" at the beginning to last ...

tease us!

ps: thanks to make me comfortable with my english!!
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #8
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I've often had he same thoughts! Good rebuttals from the more senior members though, it gives me lots of hope myself!

Signed,
Some other noob.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The Camaro has been my desktop both at home and at work since it's unveiling.

I check out all new pics that come out of it and salivate for new info. LOL

No, I'm don't think there's any chance of my getting 'tired' of it before it's release.

Heck, I even have a countdown on the license plate frame of my current vehicle.

Needless to say I'm 'waiting with baited breath' for the new Camaro to be in my driveway.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #10
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
Unhappy Afraid?

About the only thing I'm afraid of is gas going over $4.00 a gallon :eek:

I've got a 100 mile round-trip commute each day. Gas much more expensive than that will probably keep me out of a 5th gen (at least until I can pick up a cheap econobox for the daily grind!)
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by marczsport View Post
About the only thing I'm afraid of is gas going over $4.00 a gallon :eek:

I've got a 100 mile round-trip commute each day. Gas much more expensive than that will probably keep me out of a 5th gen (at least until I can pick up a cheap econobox for the daily grind!)
I feel sorry for you and that long commute.

Thank God for my 3.5 mile (7mile round trip) drive to work. (I've had my car just over 2 years and only have 14,600 miles...) Gas isn't quite as big an issue when you live that close to work thankfully.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #12
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Afraid

I also have the new Camaro on both my work and home computers. I change it every now and then, but always to another Camaro.

GM is watching this site along with every other venue it can, they are observing all we talk about and I think they will give more information as they need to.

There is no chance of me getting tired of it before it comes out, it is kind of fun. The hunt is just as satisfying as the kill.

HEY GM GIVE US SOME MORE TO CHEW ON.......
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #13
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
Quote:
Thank God for my 3.5 mile (7mile round trip) drive to work. (I've had my car just over 2 years and only have 14,600 miles...) Gas isn't quite as big an issue when you live that close to work thankfully.
Oh Yea? How about 1.4 to work, 2.8 round trip? My 1994 Impala SS daily driver has 78k miles on it hehehe. Just don't get me started on my motorhome. :eek:
And at the donut shop last weekend, I asked 2 of the designers if they knew about this site. Without a flinch, they both said they did.
Ken
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #14
gurulu68

Drives: 68 camaro rs
It's funny I bet most of us have the 5th gen. camaro on our work and home pc's. I especially like the silver one with the gfx. Wish they could do thatone in all different colors. How can anyone get tired of looking at it. I feel like a boy with a huge crush on some girl.
gurulu68 is offline   Reply With Quote