Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
im going to email K&N
Sounds like a wise move and hope for the best for you on this issue.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
:( just sucks.

idk injen? or varama or w.e.?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
OP- check the install, maf could be dirty, filter may be soaked with too much oil. I can tell you what to do, just can't do it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Airaid didn't throw codes. I thought that's what the topic was, his issue with codes. Yes, there were some claiming to loose power. No one was using the same Dyno, different climates, bottom line, no consistancy with the runs from all over the board. I'm not going there with power loss or gains. Airaid was called out on issue of power gain when some said they experienced power loss. They went back to the drawing board and got it where it should be but NO ONE EVER SAID THEIR PRODUCT CAUSED CODES.
You were calling out an intake as having problems without knowing much of anything about it. You're making a BS statement that K&N causes codes without seeing his install/filter. There's others who've posted on here with other brands who have had codes with Injen and other intakes and it turns out in most cases it was the install or something came loose. He put
15-THOUSAND miles on it. He cleaned it and started throwing codes. Is that a manufacturer's fault? Don't blame the product. He may have the pcv line split or cracked. You haven't looked at it. I was actually trying to help the OP with his situation rather than throw BS out there.
I am happy with mine and have no codes.

Now, on to the airaid. See how you defend your product knowing they had problems originally? Now if you hadn't made a BS statement followed by your claim that the airaid was so great I probably wouldn't have brought up the greatness of version 1. They rushed a product into the consumer's hands and more than a few made claims it was flawed. Have they come back with a nice product, of course. Did they get forced into it, they kind of did. I'm sure they did their own testing before admitting they had an issue. Could it be made even better, according to the JRE testing it was most affected by heat soak and would benefit by increasing the airflow to it. Some on here have taken a holesaw to theirs to swiss-cheese it with results they're happy with. With the amount of money one pays for these, taking a holesaw to it just seems wrong but if I had one I'd probably do it to keep it cool. Are we looking for a version 3? Probably not. It was within a few horsepower and torque of the other ones and knowing you could probably squeak a few more ponies out with the mod may put it on top. In fact, they were all pretty close and with that mod it may have the best gains.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #18
xpanda305x
Banned

i just blew on the maf as to clean some stuff and my filter looks ok?its fine. i disconnected the battery and re tighten everything!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #19
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I never called any names on brands, somone else did if you go back and look at the posts. I only made comment that Airaid never threw codes and that I wasn't calling any names. I think the original poster said something like Airaid or K&N but he wasn't sure and I for one would not have even said that much if I didn't know for sure. That's like telling someone something that I'm not even remotely sure on and then having them base their decision on what I said. I've learned in 30yrs of court testimony, if you don't know the answer to a question that is asked, be smart enough and professionally enough to say "I DON'T KNOW".
Airaid is not my product so its not mine to defend. Do I have one, yes I do. Do I like it? Yes I do. If another like Vararam comes through with their product and it proves to be better than what we all have chosen, I may make a change. JRE did the test and all were within a few HP of each other and Airaid was 2nd to InJen I believe but I've slept since then. I personally don't care for Injen install and replacing the fluid bottle and wheel well removal or whatever. My thing is, I'm not here to argue over anything that's not putting money in my pocket, making my monthly note on anything I own or trying to buy and I'm not got to go back and forth. Like I said, the man was talking codes, someone said Airaid and maybe K&N caused them and I was saying not so on Airaid. I consider the case closed and hope dude gets his issues resolved.

Peace and someone can hit the light switch on their way out cause I'm gone.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #20
xpanda305x
Banned

i have K&N intake :( sorry for the fight? and it went away for now :( lets see how long it last. i emailed K&N tho.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #21
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Good luck, both with the CEL and if it becomes an issue you can then have it documented with K&N.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #22
xpanda305x
Banned

well its gone for now...might come back? i tighten everything! and got a oil change
Old 03-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #23
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Wow this got a little heated. I was just simply forwarding along the dangers of using the MAF cleaner, and you're right if you're careful using it you should be fine. But of course GM doesn't recommend using it. If there was oil that got on the MAF, then you may have to replace it ultimately...and if that ends up being the case, then you would need verfication that it was oil build up caused by the intake. If you receive said verficiation via professional or even detailed and documented personal evalutation, then you're well within your rights to request K&N refund the cost of any repair...That's a lot of ifs, I was just trying to give the guy options in case that happened to be the case is all.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #24
hb35man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Aqua Blue Metallic
read through this because last week I installed my K&N system and it was great.........until last night. CEL came on. Did you guys have to have someone clear the code or is there a do it your self way?
hb35man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #25
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Like said before clean your MAF with the cleaner. Most likely it got it dirty by way of the intake. The MAF cleaner won't damage anything as I use to use it weekly when I had my oil seal on my turbos blown. Still working great now.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #26
hb35man

Thanks Cant_C_Me. is there a quick easy way to clear the code?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #27
hb35man

Went to Autozone........bought a scan tool and a can of MAF cleaner.......started on my way home......looked down and......NO CEL!!??
Old 03-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #28
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb35man View Post
Thanks Cant_C_Me. is there a quick easy way to clear the code?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb35man View Post
Went to Autozone........bought a scan tool and a can of MAF cleaner.......started on my way home......looked down and......NO CEL!!??